Opinion Theory on Adam Elliott's constant selection.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Like many it's got me wondering how this bloke gets picked every week despite being bog average... and it got me thinking.

We know Pay was at Mad Monday.

I'm wondering if perhaps Pay was involved in egging Adam on, and hence feels partially responsible for the whole thing.

Hence picking Adam all the time.

Thoughts?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Seems impossible to believe but if true, picking him out of guilt proves (like we need more proof) that he’s out of his depth. He shouldn’t have been there to start with - should’ve learnt from Jason Taylor that Coaches and Mad Monday don’t mix. Treat the players like mates and things go downhill from there - you think Bellyache would ever have allowed such a thing to unfold? No chance - his players respect him but they are not mates. It’s not 1995 anymore Dean!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs have had some shit players through the years Elliot would have to be in the top 5 shit dogs players of all time bog average is an understatement in regards to Elliot

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Years ago we had another really shit coach called Kevin Moore. He used to love Gary Warburton, who would be akin to 2019 Adam Elliott. Was first one picked week in and week out. Was so frustrating, only way we got rid of Warburton was bringing in a new coach
So hopefully whatever new coach we bring in has enough common sense to banish him back to Canterbury cup.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years ago we had another really shit coach called Kevin Moore. He used to love Gary Warburton, who would be akin to 2019 Adam Elliott. Was first one picked week in and week out. Was so frustrating, only way we got rid of Warburton was bringing in a new coach
So hopefully whatever new coach we bring in has enough common sense to banish him back to Canterbury cup.
Yeah I remember this clear as day

bigstix

Waterboy
Reaction score
Like many it's got me wondering how this bloke gets picked every week despite being bog average... and it got me thinking.

I'm wondering if perhaps Pay was involved in egging Adam on, and hence feels partially responsible for the whole thing.

Thoughts?
No, he was picking him when available last season also. I just don’t get it

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nar. Elliott is limited but has a lot of heart and seems like a good club man. Got to assume that's why he's there

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As we saw in that change room photo, Adam must be the only one who shows any respect to Pay. The coach won't drop the only player who does that, otherwise he'd have no visual support at all I'm guessing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Adam off field affter mad Monday optimises what kind of culture pay is trying to establish. A hard working, respectful and loyal work ethic that licks ass and snitches on everybody else.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Thoughts?
This is what I was alluding to in the team selection thread.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think pay just has a few favorites like Elliot, Montoya. As a coach you need to pick on ability not being a nice bloke or trying hard.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The main issue with Elliott selection is the number minutes he plays. Already have TOLMAN, JJ, playing similar role with similar minutes. Does not allow enough time for game breakers. Maximum should only be two on the field at one time. Less when the game needs to be won.

Malla

Reaction score
Pretty much spot on with the Warburton comparison.

To sum it up, Pay's game plan must be absolutely shit if he has Elliot out their executing and then in the same week drops CHN for literally the same errors Elliot gives us week in week out.

Game against Canberra, gives away the penalty in front of the posts that literally won them the game.

Game against Dragons, every...single...set he misses a tackle or is an ineffective tackle. Makes handling errors at crucial periods of the game. No impact.

But he still gets picked.

I think Elliot must be great at training, does all the right things, is the first one there and last one to leave etc... but just doesnt produce on the field. Could be why Pay keeps picking him.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Elliott lead the team song that we never sing anyway?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nar. Elliott is limited but has a lot of heart and seems like a good club man. Got to assume that's why he's there
Bit of common sense applied here. Elliott is no world beater, but hes as good or even better than the other options.
If hes dropped, what player would the experts on here promote?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Elliott being picked all the time.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay maybe told him at the Xmas party if you strip you can play every game.