The Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin Moore needs to use this in the pre-season and whip some of the boys in to shape

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought this was gonna be about another type of wood :o
especially with your username

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
at least we got something.
cowboys didnt get anything.

sell it on ebay

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh nobody remembers who came second (last). At least they will remember us lol.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it should be present at every training session for motivation

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Greenburg should hang it in his office. Well done in your first year.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The boys should all get one, and they should have to carry it with them 24/7 tbh.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my mate has already dropped a wooden spoon off at my door, I've got a place where he can store it

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
Send one to $bw, complete with KY jelly

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Worst attack. Worst defence. We couldn't avoid it. We all know the reasons why, and to lay them at the feet of any one person is as stupid as blaming the train driver when a tree falls onto the tracks.

Take it in your stride, and take heart in our successes in 2009 as we leave the spoon to someone more deserving.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
lol wooden spoon...im not suprised...we have been playing sh!t all year and we deserved it

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
next yrs guernseys should have a little wooden spoon embroidered to the sleeve, to remind them of this humilliating year so they put that extra bit of effort next year and to never let it happen again.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 stars lost throughout the season. nobody replaces them, big injury toll, poor halves. 1.5 mil under the cap. not so hard to avoid imo. if we didn't get a big injury toll i reckon we wouldn't finish last. we looked solid at the start of the season.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was going to be a poor year as soon as our benchmark prop decided to jump ship to the roosters. We were then hit with injury after injury before any of our young players had time to build up the kind of form that would have helped in their debuts. Add to this the continuing speculation by the media that half the side was ready to join Mason in escaping the club. Our Halfback left pre-season too which left us trying to groom two 5/8's for the role and throwing both into poor form in the process. More injuries then the defection of what many believed was going to be the pillar of our club for at least 4 more seasons. Pretty demoralizing for everyone involved with the club. Finally the Bulldogs have got the sympathy of some of the opposition fans after the horror movie Bulldogs fans know as 2008.

After all the crap we've gone through from the quiet respectable departure of Sherwin, the massive internal dramas and it's dominance in the media that happened with board elections, the six ring circus of Masons then Williams departures, a record number of injuries many of which were season ending to key players. As Bulldogs fans we have had it good for many many years, as long as i've been alive to be honest (it's my 29th year as a dogs supporter next year). I honestly don't feel bad at all to get the spoon. The amount of injury we've had would have justified the spoon and it would have hurt more if the departure of two guys i once would have taken a bullet for (Now i'd rather give them one) hadn't happened maybe i'd be feeling worse. As it is i'll claim the spoon as a badge of honor for the crap we've been through this year. Better luck next year boys. I'm no less a Bulldog fan now than at any stage of the last 28 years. If anything it makes me feel more thankful to be supporting a club that have never made a habit of being anywhere near spoon contention. Bring on 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.