The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Removal of S17's thread - it was just getting interesting.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its about time the good cops stopped the bad cops.
No such law is no such law, fuck their stupid excuses.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Using players initials instead of names. Only got interesting because Emdog85 was firing up and abusing others.
It was a fun thread taking the piss until Emdog85 ruined it by being a douche.

Oh well... moving on :grinning:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
As i mentioned in another thread getting sick while you are on holidays from work. I say that because i got sick the first day i had off for easter break and i'm still crook as a dog. So pretty much my holidays are wasted and i'll go back to work feeling shithouse for it come Tuesday.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
As i mentioned in another thread getting sick while you are on holidays from work. I say that because i got sick the first day i had off for easter break and i'm still crook as a dog. So pretty much my holidays are wasted and i'll go back to work feeling shithouse for it come Tuesday.
Bro this is Australia. You go to your boss/hr department and tell them you're sick. Provided you got a doctors certificate, then should change it to sick leave. If they don't, they sound as dodgy as fuck and I'd call the fair work ombudsman on them.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro this is Australia. You go to your boss/hr department and tell them you're sick. Provided you got a doctors certificate, then should change it to sick leave. If they don't, they sound as dodgy as fuck and I'd call the fair work ombudsman on them.
This is true but you cannot really get a retrospective doctors certificate. So it might be a matter of getting a doctor to say you're unfit from Tuesday (unless you can get into see a gp somewhere tomorrow), and then cough up a lung at the HR managers and/or yoir boss' desk and hope they believe and approve the change from annual to sick leave.

If you did see a doctor last week and didn't get a certificate, then they should write you one.

But then again if your first day sick was a public holiday, well, bad luck bro.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This is true but you cannot really get a retrospective doctors certificate. So it might be a matter of getting a doctor to say you're unfit from Tuesday (unless you can get into see a gp somewhere tomorrow), and then cough up a lung at the HR managers and/or yoir boss' desk and hope they believe and approve the change from annual to sick leave.

If you did see a doctor last week and didn't get a certificate, then they should write you one.

But then again if your first day sick was a public holiday, well, bad luck bro.
I'm sure I've received a back-dated certificate from the GP once. I guess if you go to your local one they'll help you out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You can get a doctors cert covers you over weekend/holidays...

They just say you won't be fit for work until xx/xx/2018.

That said with more and more companies dong work from home/flexi hours makes you wonder how sick leave will work in the future.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Users who talk shit about you in the open forum, and when asked in private conversation "what the problem is", go sheepish and don't bother to reply.

Pretty weak.. if your baiting someone, bullying someone, or constantly following and harassing someone, then at least have the balls to explain yourself as to WHY when you get asked.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Users who talk shit about you in the open forum, and when asked in private conversation "what the problem is", go sheepish and don't bother to reply.

Pretty weak.. if your baiting someone, bullying someone, or constantly following and harassing someone, then at least have the balls to explain yourself as to WHY when you get asked.
Moderators

I'm kidding... seriously... stop spamming me in private chat!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The evil conspiracy, its just not Jesus, are some people born with Alzheimer?
I can't believe the oblivious.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Electricity bills. I've been running 6 planted aquariums for 3+ years until about a month ago. I sold three of them. I expected that with a reduction of three flourescent lights running 6 hours a day each, 3 water heaters and 3 filters cut from the power consumption that my bill would go down. But nope. Fucking bill still jumped up by $60 this month. I'll be ringing the ***** today to ask if they can check the metre again and if my bill isn't adjusted to reflect the fact that I've cut a fuck-load of my daily power consumption this is the last bill the ***** will get to send me.