The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking Camel Crickets...

Trying to concentrate and this one fucker that appears to be in between the walls on the second story RIGHT in the corner of my home office has been fucking chirping NON STOP since 1pm today.

You slap the wall and it shuts the fuck up for a while before starting again.

Driving me up the fucking wall when I'm trying to concentrate/study.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I must admit i'm a tad confused why he would say that? Was he saying it was an eyesore - like is it an old bomb that you're doing up? (not that that is justification of course).

You could argue that the rent is only being increased because of the conversation, but if your landlord is a turd, and there are alternatives around, you would be better off moving. Of course, if the landlord is indeed a dick, you might have a battle re the bond. Good luck (as both a former tenant and landlord).
It's not in bad condition. the clear coat is peeling off the rear hatch and a tyre is flat from a slow leak. But apart from that it's in good condition. I think they're looking for reasons why one of their units isn't being rented. But this town has been boosted by uni students for many years and the uni is now pushing for the bulk of students to study externally. I have a friend here that works in real estate who knows that around 35% of the rentals they're overseeing are vacant compared to 3 years ago and houses here aren't selling. So I'm guessing the agents I rent through have tried to pass offthe blame for not getting a tenant on the car.

But like I said I'm sick of their attitude and the fact that they have to be forced to do maintenance. I'll be vacating very soon.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Adding another one...

Dog Farts....

Our girls cracked off two beauties so far tonight that have deadset cleared the room...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Adding another one...

Dog Farts....

Our girls cracked off two beauties so far tonight that have deadset cleared the room...
Mine once decided to do it on a road trip from Mackay to Brisbane. 11 hours. Problem was, it rained the whole way, so no oppotunities to pull up or put the windows down.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mine once decided to do it on a road trip from Mackay to Brisbane. 11 hours. Problem was, it rained the whole way, so no oppotunities to pull up or put the windows down.
Geeeeessss .... I cannot begin to imagine how bad that would be.

Bonus points if it was summer and humid as all heck.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you shut a thread down because of that?!?! Such abuse. Good one there wouldn't be any threads on here if you were 'consistent' you better stop winging about the refs from now on then coz you can't talk about consistency. Haha unbelievable

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It happens whenever there is a big event coming up. Take the most recent Easter, for example, and the bullshit people spread abut some retailers removing the word "Easter" from chocolate eggs displays (not true). Or every Christmas when you get memes on your FB feed complaining about how people can't say "Merry Christmas" anymore (lies again). And then there is of course Australia day, when more lies get spread about people who are apparanlty offended by the flag and how we all have to share to show we are true blue Aussie.

The general do feed it a little, but its more individuals and orgnasides groups on social media that are the biggest issue (in my view). These lies are then spread by xenophobic types who would believe anything they read if it feeds their prejudice (your One Nation voting types).

Anzac Day when I was a kid was about respecting the fallen, and then getting on with life. The nation stopped for a morning of reflection. It shouldn't be about showing how awesomely Aussie you are and how you can out wank someone else.

Maybe i'm outraged about the outrage about the outrage that isn't really outrage....
Cadbury had 'no mention' of the word 'Easter" on any of their Easter eggs. Don't know if they ever did but as I spend a lot of time at woolies I feel like I can confirm that this year they didn't.

Also the Christmas party at work 2 years ago was called end of year party/ Muslim girl going on maternity leave party and we had it at a halal restaurant.

This year after some people bitching about last year it was changed back to a christmas party where people could eat ham and drink alcohol..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, you shut a thread down because of that?!?! Such abuse. Good one there wouldn't be any threads on here if you were 'consistent' you better stop winging about the refs from now on then coz you can't talk about consistency. Haha unbelievable

I know it's school holidays, and it was Friday, but I'm suprised mummy and daddy let you stay up so late when you have ballet recital today.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I had the owners visit recently with a house inspection while they were doing some renovations next door. At one point they demanded I get rid of a car I'm keeping in my carport and complained that it was costing them money. It looked like he wanted to hit me when I said thats why I'm paying rent. They then threatened to have it towed away. I'm not sure if they appreciated the letter from a lawyer explaining that it is illegal, but the turds have bumped my rent up by $15/week. I'm looking for a new rental at the moment. The town I live in has a shitload of rentals right now, so I think they'll be without a tenant for a few months at least. Serves them right for being ***** and trying to bully me about a few things while they neglect the repair requests I make.
Hold on... how is a car you're keeping in the car port costing THEM money bro?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Fucking Camel Crickets...

Trying to concentrate and this one fucker that appears to be in between the walls on the second story RIGHT in the corner of my home office has been fucking chirping NON STOP since 1pm today.

You slap the wall and it shuts the fuck up for a while before starting again.

Driving me up the fucking wall when I'm trying to concentrate/study.
Yep. They're annoying little shits. Is there a public library in your area?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hold on... how is a car you're keeping in the car port costing THEM money bro?
In the shortest answer possible, It's not. They're just *****.

The location of the unit I live in requires that anyone traveling to the University must change buses if they don't drive, and the reality is that rentals closer to the University are still available. When I moved to this town they were hard to come by close to the uni. Now you have a pretty good choice. There are other signs that the towns student population has dropped off. When I moved here, weekends would see four of the pubs here hitting the point where they were at patron capacity and having to lock people out. Now it's usually only one drinking venue reaching capacity and on a big weekend only two will stay open all night while the rest of them generally close between 10.30 and 12.00. We have more vacant shops now than I can recall ever seeing before too.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't get much logic out of the Commies when they are determined to be prejudiced..
Long live Australia.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know it's school holidays, and it was Friday, but I'm suprised mummy and daddy let you stay up so late when you have ballet recital today.
What an idiotic reply. Act your age its embarrassing