The Tennis Thread

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd throw Lendl in my top 10, he was a dominant player at his top but not as consistent as some of the others mentioned, but he was one hell of a Tennis Player in his time.

I believe Cash beat Lendl in the Semi Final at that Australian Open to meet Wilander in the Final and I remember a classic sign when Lendl left the court to go into the tunnel a fan leant down and held a poster as Lendl was walking off. "Cash is better than a Czech".

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There have been some greats for sure.
Wouldn't make the top 10 or near it and you may not like his demeanour it seems Rod but I loved watching Marat Safin, super inconsistent so doesn't qualify for that reason alone but watching him was compelling.
Only occasionally did it but played out of this world at times.
Poor Lleyton in that Aus Open year i think it was..had no chance as Marat was ON like Donkey Kong.

Maybe selective(or bad)memory I don't recall much bad behaviour from Cash probably selective I don't let their behaviour adversely affect my opinion of them, Kyrgios is so much worse and I still support him though reckon he could be better with some things.
Cash certainly wasn't the ambassador Rafter(loved Patty)was, Hewitt could be very annoying I found, great fighter very good(but not great)player the massive overkill with that cmon Bs..I found that cringeworthy fairly often as did many Including a lot of his opponents.How good would he have been with a bigger serve!
Overall I would have a very hard time cheering any foreigner against an Aussie to be honest.

Loved Borg and Mcenroe too always thought Connors was a dickhead(and actually reckon Lleyton mimicked him in some ways)but to varying degrees have loved all our Aussie players.

Pretty much disliked Sampras was a great player though, probably not many Yanks I've liked but I don't like then generally anyway lol
Agassi was ok particularly the reinvented version but none were amongst my all time favourites.

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AUSTRALIAN OPEN MENS - TAB FUTURES 2023

Can anyone stop Novak?

Novak Djokovic - $1.85
Daniil Medvedev - $7.00
Stefanos Tsitsipas - $15.00
Nick Kyrgios - $15.00
Rafael Nadal - $17.00
Taylor Fritz - $19.00
Jannik Sinner - $21.00
Felix Auger Aliassime - $21.00

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
AUSTRALIAN OPEN MENS - TAB FUTURES 2023

Can anyone stop Novak?

Novak Djokovic - $1.85
Daniil Medvedev - $7.00
Stefanos Tsitsipas - $15.00
Nick Kyrgios - $15.00
Rafael Nadal - $17.00
Taylor Fritz - $19.00
Jannik Sinner - $21.00
Felix Auger Aliassime - $21.00
The Vaccine is his only opposition these days..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On recent(the past year or so)results Kyrgios @$15 is a likely a better bet than Meds or Tsitsipas..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
?? Whatever that twat was...its been deleted mate?

Anyway maybe it was about Kyrgios idk or maybe not..
So he is out with a knee complaint.Like love or hate him he would have gone deep, one of the best players in the world in the last year :(
yh it was about kyrgios being out of the tournament with knee injury.

I just can't be bothered watching any of the games now that there's no one likeable to watch anymore

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yh it was about kyrgios being out of the tournament with knee injury.

I just can't be bothered watching any of the games now that there's no one likeable to watch anymore
Yeah I hear ya mate,
Kokkinakis maybe?...Alexei Popyrin is very hot and cold but could do a little damage or get rolled in Rd 1 lol
De Minaur too but he just doesn't have the weapons, tries hard but he hasn't got it and never will have.

The man who can play at the highest level and by a fair margin and a massive tournament and tv drawcard isn't there.
CH9 are reportedly going to be hit hard their saying ratings wise.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya mate,
Kokkinakis maybe?...Alexei Popyrin is very hot and cold but could do a little damage or get rolled in Rd 1 lol
De Minaur too but he just doesn't have the weapons, tries hard but he hasn't got it and never will have.

The man who can play at the highest level and by a fair margin and a massive tournament and tv drawcard isn't there.
CH9 are reportedly going to be hit hard their saying ratings wise.
same can be said about the woman's with bartey retired and the other aussie chick out with injury.

de minaur is ok but he wont get past 3rd round as well as kokkinakis.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the knee injury is legit but the timing of the announcement sounds quite sus.

Plays a friendly game against Djokovic the day before with no apparent problem.

Has a Netflix doco series being advertised so that’s easier money than playing against the joker.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe the knee injury is legit but the timing of the announcement sounds quite sus.

Plays a friendly game against Djokovic the day before with no apparent problem.

Has a Netflix doco series being advertised so that’s easier money than playing against the joker.
he could have aggrevated it during the warm up games

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Popyrin had a great 2nd round win over the 8th seed Taylor Fritz today..another 5 setter though so he may run out of juice soon..still a very good effort.I have watched him a bit over the last few years, has some talent but for whatever reason(s)is wildly inconsistent.
Kokki on court now against Andy Murray, a guy who was/is the unlucky fella to be only the 4th best player around amongst 3 goats who all played in the one era...

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another strong win for De Minaur over the Frenchman Mannarino. He's playing at a very high level and the good news for Alex is he's next opponent is another French player in Bonzi, who is coming off a 5-set win, 7-6 in the last set and de minaur has beaten Bonzi twice in the two times they've met.

The bad news for De Minaur is, if he gets through his next round, which he should, he then potentially meets Djokovic who should take care of Bulgarian 29th seed, Grigor Dimitrov in his next round.

Doubt anyone can beat Djokovic for the title, especially now a number of top 10 seeds have lost, including the top 2 seeds.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big choke by Kokki I didn't know he was 5-2 up in the 3rd.
Gotta hand it to Murray though playing with an artificial hip turns 36 soon and still having a crack...wins 10+ slams in any other era.

Also..wtf do they start matches at 11.30pm thats fucked up, pretty unfair on the players.
I Smh at these bloody mexicans, dont pay their ball kids either I read....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is this for real? Why the fuck don't they pay these kids? I'm sure a tournament that generates 10s of millions in revenue can afford to pay them a few bucks. It's bad enough they make them wear those embarrassing hats like they're in pre-school.