The Tennis Thread

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Think Kyrgios' window has closed in this match. You'd think Khachanov will serve if out from here. Ice the champers @Motorhead lol
Fucking beautiful aaaahh. Big congratulations to the Ruskie, thoroughly deserved win.
The more I watch Kyrgios the more I hate the ****. Fucking tosser. More talent than anyone but just a petulant sook, he's an embarrassment.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Close one in the end. tournament really is quite open.
Won't watch any more of the men's side of the tournament. Mission already accomplished lol. Great day

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fucking beautiful aaaahh. Big congratulations to the Ruskie, thoroughly deserved win.
The more I watch Kyrgios the more I hate the ****. Fucking tosser. More talent than anyone but just a petulant sook, he's an embarrassment.
Don't hold back.... tell us what you really think. But yeah, the dude's a Derek.... still makes for compulsive viewing though.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Not open to Kyrgios any more....lol. But yeah, it was close. He's getting better mentally (if not emotionally)
Still cannot think of a bigger dickhead in world sport and it's a big list. Peaheart Nick really is King Dick. Watching him lose is super enjoyable.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
pushing on in the doubles was probably a mistake TBH
Maybe....but I think he is still mentally checking out at certain moments.....much less frequently than he once was, but it still happens and is his biggest issue, I think. If he would just fully commit himself mentally and get a coach he'd be close to unstoppable, IMO.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't hold back.... tell us what you really think. But yeah, the dude's a Derek.... still makes for compulsive viewing though.
Tennis is a bit boring without him TBH. Doe anyone really know/care about any of the players remaining in the draw? How many have people even hard of?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
His matches are enjoyable to watch. Especially when he shits the bed.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Tennis is a bit boring without him TBH. Doe anyone really know/care about any of the players remaining in the draw? How many have people even hard of?
I hope a Russian wins, just because it will trigger all the hand wringers who think they should not be playing due to actions of the Russian government they have nothing to do with. Rublev may be a chance.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He just lost a 5 setter in the quarters of a Slam that was wide open to win. He shook the other guys hand. Who gives a shit if he slams a few racquets for 10 seconds?

Sure Kygrios carries on too much and that's to his own detriment most of the time. But people want to overreact to every little thing with him because they hate him.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He just lost a 5 setter in the quarters of a Slam that was wide open to win. He shook the other guys hand. Who gives a shit if he slams a few racquets for 10 seconds?

Sure Kygrios carries on too much and that's to his own detriment most of the time. But people want to overreact to every little thing with him because they hate him.
there's better ways to control anger than smashing 2 tennis racquets after losing a 5 set qtr final match though. I couldn't care less about it but its just a bad look for the sport

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
And there's the reason why he will never have a coach and never win a Grand Slam, ever!

He's his own worst enemy. Wonder what the girlfriend thought of that meltdown?
She would love the free trips around the world. Don't think she would think much of the douche anyway TBH, always looks bored as hell watching a match. All his hangers-on must love being spoken to like dogs up in the box.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
there's better ways to control anger than smashing 2 tennis racquets after losing a 5 set qtr final match though. I couldn't care less about it but its just a bad look for the sport
Smashing racquets has been happening for decades. From McEnroe to Ivanisevic to Kygrios. There have always been the "bad boys" in tennis.

Like I said, he was pissed because he knew this was his best chance to win a major with no Novak, Nadal, Fed etc and having just beat the #1 seed. Most of us vent like that after a Bulldogs loss. It's not a big deal if someone vents like that after losing a match that was his best chance to fulfil his lifelong dream of winning a slam..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Smashing racquets has been happening for decades. From McEnroe to Ivanisevic to Kygrios. There have always been the "bad boys" in tennis.

Like I said, he was pissed because he knew this was his best chance to win a major with no Novak, Nadal, Fed etc and having just beat the #1 seed. Most of us vent like that after a Bulldogs loss. It's not a big deal if someone vents like that after losing a match that was his best chance to fulfil his lifelong dream of winning a slam..
I agree 100% with you on this. People hate seeing emotions in athletes. I prefer athletes show emotion as it means they care. Also others want to bitch about everything these days.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I couldn't care less if he wants to smash racquets..... but don't like the way he berates his player box at times, and has directed inappropriate sledges at players (both male and female) and officials. I like watching him play, but the bloke probably does need to sit down with a good sports psychologist.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

Nothing to do with smashing a racquet for me. Everything to do with the pissweak way he conducts himself, especially once things start going against him. Telling everyone within earshot that he could barely walk when he lost the first set, gets a bit of KY jelly rubbed on his knee then all of a sudden he's feeling great. Complaining about the crowd when he loses a point, content enough with them yelling out on a point that he has won. Just the general demeanor of a massive flog.
Some people can manage to lose important matches without making complete tools of themselves. Not him, that's why it is so great to watch him get beaten.