The Sydney FC SUPER Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
It's always a possibility Hani, but I don't know whether we will have the power to get there, I think we can win the A-League, but I think it's a building process.. and we will make 2nd by end of season, a great effort by Kossie and the boys... :grinning:

I'm so happy to see the likes of Santalab and players I have met like Biddle doing so well and the future of Sydney FC is bright if they keep on growing, cause they are real talent... :D

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
im impressed with Kossie starting with Biddle and Santalab. With the return of Talay and hopefully Juninho to the starting line up next week along with Bridges i reckon we have one of the strongest teams. We will def shake the tourney.

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
im impressed with Kossie starting with Biddle and Santalab. With the return of Talay and hopefully Juninho to the starting line up next week along with Bridges i reckon we have one of the strongest teams. We will def shake the tourney.
yep we definately will shake the tourney lol, Sydney FC 07/08 premiers!!

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
we see this score sometimes even in the EPL. It hardly happens. Its awesome from a spectator point of view seeing 9 goals in a game. Def the game of the season so far.
Tottenham 6 Reading 4 in last night's match with bulgaria international striker Dimitar Berbatov scoring 4 goals.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
^^^exactly, let me c some1 bag the EPL now

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
central coast just lost 5-2 at home to melbourne victory infront 18,000. I think the coasties are gone because they have been winning so now they are going to go through a down period and its coming at a bad time because the finals aren't far away.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Sydney or Qld will b minor premiers

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
I reckon the Coast can hold on and be minor premiers, but I don't think they'll be premiers.

Something tells me it's going to be a State of Origin GF where QLD Roar vs Sydney FC for the title crown... both look inform and the most likely to get it right... I just think the pressure is getting to the Mariners, although, with all their stars back, they are the best side on the park ATM.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
i think sydney fc can take it out because they have big game experience and i think the grand final will be between sydney fc and qld roar

80fic...

They may have been a bit cocky going into the victory game, hopefully they can fight back and get a win next week. I think that CC will still be minor premiers, and a Qld vs CC gf would be great.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Central Coast have between stepping off the peddle in recent weeks. I think that the Position that there in is getting to them & their somewhat lack of good performance has shown in the past 2 or 3 Weeks. They've scored 6 Goals but they've conceded 10 in the past 2 Games.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's too bad though that Sydney FC have yet see a Crowd at the Sydney Football Stadium go over 20,000 in almost 2 Years. The Highest Crowd this Season was a close 18,785 but still not good enough for a Club like Sydney FC which happens to represent around 4 Million People.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kosmina confident of Sydney FC win

Jan 1 (AAP) - Sydney FC coach John Kosmina is confident his team can claim the A-League minor premiership and has labelled Friday night's match against Wellington Phoenix as a must-win game.

Sydney FC currently sit third on the ladder with 27 points, three behind pacesetters Queensland Roar and Central Coast.

"The results have been good for us except the Perth aberration we had a few weeks ago," Kosmina said.

"We need to make sure we don't have one of them again before the season finishes.

"We can't afford to lose another match."

Speaking at training on Wednesday alongside co-owner Anthony La Paglia, he said the side had backed up well from the last round.

Mark Robertson will be out due to hamstring soreness as will Mark Milligan (toe), while Juninho will again start on the bench against the Phoenix.

Sydney have also been boosted with the news that Ufuk Talay has been included in the Socceroos' training squad for the first time.

"It's every footballer's dream to play for his own country ... it's always in the back of your head but I never expected it," he said.
Source: ESPN Soccernet

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Well it's been scrappy tonight and at times unpretty... but WE ARE IN THE LEAD AND HEADED FOR EQUAL TOP OF THE TABLE... :D :D

Sydney FC 2- Brosque, McFlynn

Wellington Phoenix 0

It's SYDNEY FC FOR ME.. :D :D

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
looks like 3 way tie :p. Hope Melbourne beat Qld and CC lose :p

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Yep and we are at the bottom only due to goal difference... but hopefully that changes by end of the weekend :grinning:

I'm so happy we got there, it's been a tough road at times this season, but I really think we can win now... we can class wins, we can grind wins and under Kossie, we can win... :D

It's been a great run so far, lets hope it continues against a tough QLD side... should be a cracker next week... :grinning:

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Talay missed pen shot was a shocker, but the McFlynn goal wasn't bad.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Talay missed pen shot was a shocker, but the McFlynn goal wasn't bad.
The Sydney FC were lucky to get that Goal. Brosque's goal was sheer Class. Great Performance in the 2nd by the team to keep the Clean Sheet.

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
brosque's goal was unbelievable. The way he controlled that ball then hit it passed the keeper without the ball touching the ground was so great to watch. I doubt you would see many goals in the a-league with that much class by one player. I can think of maybe one or 2 other goals that show the much individual brilliance (from the a-league that is)..

Status
Not open for further replies.