The Slater shoulder charge thread - Update: Now Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Whats lost in all of this is why he wasn't sin binned for a professional foul + penalty try awarded.

That decision changed the course of the game and of course it was ole mate Sutton responsible.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That JMoz interference was fucked! Conniving pricks said he was going for the ball, when all he did was stop JMoz have any chance of competing for it...killed any chance we had of scoring and getting on a roll.

Fuck him, as much as I hate the chooks,
Hope he misses the GF
Like fuck he was going for the ball. He held back Josh Morris and didn't even give him a chance to get the ball. Should have been a penalty but no it's Slater so it means sweet fa. That's when I realised the NRL were nothing but corrupt fucks.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like fuck he was going for the ball. He held back Josh Morris and didn't even give him a chance to get the ball. Should have been a penalty but no it's Slater so it means sweet fa. That's when I realised the NRL were nothing but corrupt fucks.
That happenned right in front of us at the game. Could not believe there was no penalty.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they are they serious about getting the shoulder charge out of the game, then Billy watches the GF.
Then this becomes the benchmark, and players start changing their behaviour.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That happenned right in front of us at the game. Could not believe there was no penalty.
It just showed that the NRL wanted Melbourne to win that day. I just wish we found a way to work around the dirty tactics and gave it to them.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Attempting to compare a shoulder charge that killed someone, with Billy Slaters light 'touch' is ridiculous. It's like comparing shoplifting with murder and saying the two are just as bad as each other.

For context, I can't stand Slater, but I also can't stand the NRL and their ridiculous management of the game in general and particularly the actual game rules.

Why were shoulder charges ever banned in the first place? Why didn't they just say that any contact with the head or neck receives an instant ban regardless of tackling technique.

Malla

Reaction score
Attempting to compare a shoulder charge that killed someone, with Billy Slaters light 'touch' is ridiculous. It's like comparing shoplifting with murder and saying the two are just as bad as each other.

For context, I can't stand Slater, but I also can't stand the NRL and their ridiculous management of the game in general and particularly the actual game rules.

Why were shoulder charges ever banned in the first place? Why didn't they just say that any contact with the head or neck receives an instant ban regardless of tackling technique.
Very true. Again the NRL has let itself down. Knee jerk reaction to one incident out of hundreds and thousands of shoulder charges.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should he even of been charged by the match review committee?
Do they charge all of them or just this one?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should he even of been charged by the match review committee?
Do they charge all of them or just this one?
Gould reckons he has seen half a dozen of cover tackle shoulder charges that did not even get charged by match review committee, I don't remember seeing any so he's probably just talking shit out of his white arse like usual

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if they arent going to let him play...its a complete joke...its the Billy Slater charity gf...not only will he play but he will be MOM win or lose just like the origin...i cant wait for him to finish...cheating protected little shit!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gould reckons he has seen half a dozen of cover tackle shoulder charges that did not even get charged by match review committee, I don't remember seeing any so he's probably just talking shit out of his white arse like usual
I’ve seen plenty

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the player was anyone else apart from Slater, most people here would be saying he shouldn't have been charged.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If the player was anyone else apart from Slater, most people here would be saying he shouldn't have been charged.
I hate Slater but he shouldn't of been charged at all.

But like I said, I hope he plays to give Roosters a less of a chance to win.

The nrlol have shit their bed, let them sleep in it now.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any other attempted tackle in that situation would've been much more dangerous. There's a reason why a defensive player unintentionally ends up in that position in those situations.

I'm not a Slater fan at all, but he shouldn't be suspended with that.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't even know the rules no more .the nrl seems to play by rules that suits them.
Couldn't be fucked if he plays or not wont even be watching the fucking thing

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why the hell are these trials done so late in the evening

Why the guck are these things not done at 10am in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.