The Slater shoulder charge thread - Update: Now Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope he gets off,

#1. He is a quality player, all bias aside I haven't seen a better fullback in my lifetime and it would be unfortunate if he misses his last game being a grand final due to a tackle that should've been applauded as he saved a try cleanly (no contact with the head).

#2. Storm would need a miracle or Smith to have the greatest game of his career in the grand final because their spine would be too weak to challenge Roosters/Rabbitohs without Slater and I couldn't stand either Sydney team winning it as the wankfest would go on until next March.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All part of the plan.

They charge him, he wins his challenge and plays.

So it looks like they are "fair" and at least charged him.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty obvious this is the most important judiciary in the history of the NRL.

Also pretty obvious the nrlol will fuck this up and let slater play as they have such a hardon for him.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have had a look at it several times and although I hate the guy it was more like a push/shoulder than a typical shoulder charge. But, like I said the NRL will do what it will as they always do.
I see it as the opposite..it was your classic shoulder charge..but he’ll get off because he’s Billy Slater..

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but hes done this 100 times since rule came in and never anything happens. Now everything hes done for this game and fans and now where suspending him in a grand final in his last game. What a load of bull shit. Bet sam burgess does same thing tonight and they wont even look into it.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see it as the opposite..it was your classic shoulder charge..but he’ll get off because he’s Billy Slater..
No he wont hes not playing for the roosters or souths ya know.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope he gets off,

#1. He is a quality player, all bias aside I haven't seen a better fullback in my lifetime and it would be unfortunate if he misses his last game being a grand final due to a tackle that should've been applauded as he saved a try cleanly (no contact with the head).

#2. Storm would need a miracle or Smith to have the greatest game of his career in the grand final because their spine would be too weak to challenge Roosters/Rabbitohs without Slater and I couldn't stand either Sydney team winning it as the wankfest would go on until next March.
It’s against the rules.. If he cleaned him up with a legitimate tackle..within the rules..then he should be applauded.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All part of the plan.

They charge him, he wins his challenge and plays.

So it looks like they are "fair" and at least charged him.
For sure. Gotta go through the exercise of being seen to be fair. It gives another lift on Tuesday nights ratings and the hype as everyone waits with baited breathe to see if Billy plays.

He will. They will adjudicate it fairly :grinning:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The state of the NRL is embarrassing. That incident should acrue points but not enough to miss a game.

I'd be fuming if one of our players missed a game let alone a grand final for try saver like that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not a snowballs chance in hell they suspend Slater and not let him have his glory moment next week.

Would be hilarious if his legacy and last game was that shoulder charge though.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get this picture. But what about his left shoulder? His arm is down by his side. It’s a shoulder charge. There’s a side on angle of this pic. His right arm is a foot away from the player. It’s a shoulder charge.

Personally I don’t think it warrants a suspension. But by the laws it’s a shoulder charge and deserves a week. People say he shouldn’t miss a GF. Well what about his grub acts that went unnoticed? 08 GF flying in studs up on the winger. TWICE. Then the karate kick to Klemmers head in 2013.

Fuck the ****. Suspend him. End of story. See ya slater. Ya fucking grub.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Deserves the ban.

Fuck him.

How many times did dive in with legs to stop tries, necessitating a rule change. This is a current rule, has been for how long?

He stopped diving in with the legs, why can’t he stop shoulder charging...? Oh, of course because he’s already been anointed as future immortal, and they don’t “deserve” to miss a GF.

Fuck him...Bradman got a duck in his final innings, not the end of the fucking world if he misses a GF.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRLol has no common sense, for try saving situations where it's extremely difficult to position the body to wrap the arms there is no leniency.

Luke Lewis - "if he misses a game for that, then I don't know what this game has come to"

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully Cameron Smith retires as well, or cops an injury stopping him from reaching the 400 game milestone (which is the only reason he'll play on for).

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if it was a bulldogs player he would already be charged

Status
Not open for further replies.