The Schoupp count

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Schoupp snd BBO would probably be this year’s edition. Averillo was last year’s although he appears to be out of favour this year.
They are kids finding their way into first grade. Our first grade is absolute garbage that some how uses the cap to produce this crap. Blokes like Napa ,Hoppa , Elliot lead the way in mediocre while getting paid handsomely to lead us to the spoon. Move on mate the kids should be given time to develop before you shit on them.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They are kids finding their way into first grade. Our first grade is absolute garbage that some how uses the cap to produce this crap. Blokes like Napa ,Hoppa , Elliot lead the way in mediocre while getting paid handsomely to lead us to the spoon. Move on mate the kids should be given time to develop before you shit on them.
I’m all for giving him time to develop, as long as he develops in nsw cup where he belongs (at least for the time being). This year we didn’t have much choice but to play him. Next year he should be back in reggies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wondering if Tim Lafai is watching and wondering?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our defence out wide is horrible. Teams get around us at will. Schoup has major work to do in defence over the off season
you have to understand the defensive structures before you bag blokes. We continually get beat on the inside shoulder, which should never happen and then it is a flow on affect down the line.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still missed one less than Elliot did in the toilet

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I don’t have an axe to grind with him. It’s just a sad reality that he is a huge defensive liability. It’s something he really needs to improve if he wants to be a quality first grader. I think he’s a few years off, at very least.
Few years off ooft thats a bit harsh and way off the mark. It's his first year in first grade with a bunch of park footballers. He will look back at this year as being pivotal. A big off season working on D and he will improve for next year. There will also be competition. His spot isn't safe

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can go alright when the attack doesn’t throw anything creative at him. Otherwise he’s a bad reader. He fails to slide and inside balls kill him. I don’t know if it’s the way we are coached or his defending like Flegg but it’s not the best. Other than that I think we can agree with the right coaching he’ll be a promising player for us. I think that’s where it starts and ends with Schoupp

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm with you @utility half . I think Schoupp is shocking defensively and he doesn't create space for his winger.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt though, I think he will improve if he's playing outside a decent edge back-rower who can draw on defenders and ball play.

I see similarities between Schoupp and Olam when he first started. Olam doesn't have the greatest of skillets but he has the benefit of playing outside Munster and K Bromwhich (who is very underrated) and inside JAC.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be judging anyone defensively over the last few weeks. There’s been that many changes to the team that it would be virtually impossible to get any sort of combination going. Schoupp might well turn out to be bad in defence but it’s too early to tell.
Some idiots are not prepared to give our young players time to develope they want instant success.
Schoupp has shown that he has ago we should give him at least to the end of 2022, before passing judgement

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah met. He’s a good kid. He just needs to get a haircut and learn to tackle..
I agree. Next year if he's missing that many tackles he'll be a liability, he will lose us games and I'd rather see Okunbor on the wing with Cotric in the centres. Okunbor at his size is a big advantage starting off sets deep from our own end. Schoupp isn't any better at centre than Cotric is. Cotric busts heaps more tackles.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not mad about Naden either, tbh. But at least he gas more X factor to his attacking game.
There has been fvck all opportunity to 'attack'. If you went over the stats for the entire year, we probably spent more time defending than any other team by far.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree. Next year if he's missing that many tackles he'll be a liability, he will lose us games and I'd rather see Okunbor on the wing with Cotric in the centres. Okunbor at his size is a big advantage starting off sets deep from our own end. Schoupp isn't any better at centre than Cotric is. Cotric busts heaps more tackles.
Cotric at centre makes absolutely no sense. He is not a centre, move on.

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okunbor should be looking at playing for mouthed at best he is terrible his size should be starting out sets off the back of him he is useless

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There has been fvck all opportunity to 'attack'. If you went over the stats for the entire year, we probably spent more time defending than any other team by far.
Okunbor has still managed to score 3 tries in recent weeks. Attack has been a bit better boast few weeks considering how little fell we’ve had.

I haven’t seen much if a step from Schoupp, even in the lower grades. Although he has good acceleration and tackle busting ability.