The Schoupp count

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Next year if he's missing that many tackles he'll be a liability, he will lose us games and I'd rather see Okunbor on the wing with Cotric in the centres. Okunbor at his size is a big advantage starting off sets deep from our own end. Schoupp isn't any better at centre than Cotric is. Cotric busts heaps more tackles.
Okonbor needs to look at himself in the mirror and convince himself he has more power than a chihuahua.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop trying to take the focus off Elliott.... lol

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nice a new player in a 16th place side and were critisicing his defense. Doesn't help that he plays next to these pretenders .

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm guessing they dont count the amount of times someone slides right by him on the inside, untouched
Didn’t happen once. It’s sad you can’t even admit the king had a nea perfect defensive game. Hatred makes you small.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We fans may all have different opinios/ideas on schoupps abilities.

But what we can all agree on.

Adam Idiot did not get this nickname for no reason.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Didn’t happen once. It’s sad you can’t even admit the king had a nea perfect defensive game. Hatred makes you small.
Anything you say after calling Elliot the king holds no weight.
If you weren't so hypnotized by his helicopter you would clearly see he has become a liability.
I am even being generous using the word become so I dont ruin any of your future masturbation sessions whilst holding onto his mediocre past

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What do you think of :
Bradman Best - 19 tackles 8 missed
Wighton 15-4
Lomax 15 - 4
Ben Hampton 12-6
Valentine Holmes 11-6

Drop them all or look at them in the context of the game.
Not really a big fan of any of those players, tbh.... but Best, Wighton and Lomax all have a season tackle efficiency of around 90 percent and Hampton is at around 87 percent compared to Schoupp’s 80 percent. Holmes is the only one of those players whose tackle efficiency for the season is worse and he is a shocking defender.

It’s not a question of one fad defensive game for Schoupp, he has been a liability all season. It’s not just the tackles he misses, either, it’s the bad decisions he makes (or charging off his line and creating problems for ehomeger us playing outside him.

His d just isn’t up to scratch....and even more concerning I’d the fact it has seemed to be getting worse and not better as the season has gone on.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Anything you say after calling Elliot the king holds no weight.
If you weren't so hypnotized by his helicopter you would clearly see he has become a liability.
I am even being generous using the word become so I dont ruin any of your future masturbation sessions whilst holding onto his mediocre past
Clever. What a sparkling wit you have.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We fans may all have different opinios/ideas on schoupps abilities.

But what we can all agree on.

Adam Idiot did not get this nickname for no reason.
True. He got the nickname because kennel dudes are all jealous of his testosterone levels.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric at centre makes absolutely no sense. He is not a centre, move on.
Is Schoupp a better centre than Cotric ? Not from what I've seen. He misses like 6 tackles each and every week. Yes he takes hard carries but Okunbor makes more metres at that too largely because of his size. I'd rather Cotric in the centres next year with Okunbor on the wing than Schoupp at centre with Cotric on the wing. Okunbor starts off our sets much better when we're desperate for yardage. I still haven't seen Schoupp do anything really in attack. We complain about Hopa being shit (which he is) but why are there often some breaks down his side of the field but none on Schoupp's side ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is Schoupp a better centre than Cotric ? Not from what I've seen. He misses like 6 tackles each and every week. Yes he takes hard carries but Okunbor makes more metres at that too largely because of his size. I'd rather Cotric in the centres next year with Okunbor on the wing than Schoupp at centre with Cotric on the wing. Okunbor starts off our sets much better when we're desperate for yardage. I still haven't seen Schoupp do anything really in attack. We complain about Hopa being shit (which he is) but why are there often some breaks down his side of the field but none on Schoupp's side ?
Is Okunbor a better winger than Cotric? Lol no, not even close. That move weakens the side considerably. Trying to force Cotric in at centre because of his salary is stupid, he isn't a centre and is never going to provide value there.

If you want a different option at centre then you slot Averillo in at centre inside of Cotric and Naden at centre inside of JAC. You've then got a good balance of pace and power on both edges and players that can compliment each other.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Is Okunbor a better winger than Cotric? Lol no, not even close. That move weakens the side considerably. Trying to force Cotric in at centre because of his salary is stupid, he isn't a centre and is never going to provide value there.

If you want a different option at centre then you slot Averillo in at centre inside of Cotric and Naden at centre inside of JAC. You've then got a good balance of pace and power on both edges and players that can compliment each other.
If we can’t get rid of Cotric (and I don’t think we can without paying considerable freight), this would also be acceptable. But realistically, if Cotric is going to stay in our team long term, he’s going to have to make it as a centre. It’s certainly not sustainable for him to play on the wing for 600k beyond his current contract. I’d give him a go in the centres for at least a few games. He was signed as a centre (whether that was a smart decision or not). Give him a chance to show what he can do there with a decent backline. If it doesn’t work, easy enough to shift him back. I think Okunbor and JAC could be our long term wing pairing going forward. A speed machine on one wing and a big body who can break tackles and serve as a great target for our kickers. Saucy. I think we’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to okunbor’s potential..

Last edited: