The reason why we are getting monstered

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Kennel is too farkin funny.. Just last week the “experts” were hailing Waddell as the lock we “must” have, after 1 decent game...
Exactly.

Seriously. Waddell is average.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They aren't experts, they are flip flops. All it takes is one good game for the hype to start on here.
If you want to call it a good game.

Against Cronulla, we were lucky to get away with it.

Another 5 mins and Cronulla would have put 10 points on us.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious but a back row of Elliot, C Smith and Waddell is laughable for first grade these days, and on top of that having Napa in there as well, it’s a recipe for disaster and don’t get me started on s katoa.
we need a whole new forward pack bar Thompson
Problem is, we play like we don’t even have a game plan. A bunch of aimless vessels out there.

The response after half time just sums it up. They’re pathetic. You would expect a little sugar hit at least after half time. But...not these guys.

It is beyond embarrassing. They are three times worse than what they were dishing up when Georgallis was coaching.

And Ferris on the side advising Barrett is laughable.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to rid the losing culture which means everyone off contract must go.
No if's or buts just get rid of them

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did I read C Smith made 58 tackles on the edge?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious but a back row of Elliot, C Smith and Waddell is laughable for first grade these days, and on top of that having Napa in there as well, it’s a recipe for disaster and don’t get me started on s katoa.
we need a whole new forward pack bar Thompson
For $850K, our highest paid player, Thompson is not leading like he should.

Yes the three you mentioned are well below NRL average forwards but having an absolute bullocks 9 is putting the whole forward pack on the back foot.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
OP Aren't you that clown who complained every game to sack Pay? Ignoring that its the players who arent first grade quality?

Yes, yes you are

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your packs getting monstered as ours is, we have to change game plan. Would be boring but probably suit if we just use our outside backs to dummy half run, one after the other. Our halves can’t create no one can, so just use Cotric, DWZ, Meaney to dummy half run. Straight in behind the ruck. If we can gain momentum through quick play the balls, straight to Averillo to try his hand. Save our shit forwards for more defensive work, as there obviously struggling to tackle anything at the moment.
A better kicking game would help our forwards as much as anything else in 2 ways it will keep our forwards fresher and tire the opposition forwards more.
That's why Flanno must go, Avo and Lewis have much better kicking games.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve watched the riff and have family coaching there. I watched parra reserve today. And in my opionion the are both aggressive in D. They get off there. Line with intent. And that causes dominance. We lack that. We really need some aggressive with and without the ball. The aggression puts a question mark in the defence and attack.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve watched the riff and have family coaching there. I watched parra reserve today. And in my opionion the are both aggressive in D. They get off there. Line with intent. And that causes dominance. We lack that. We really need some aggressive with and without the ball. The aggression puts a question mark in the defence and attack.
For the want if a better term “bringing back the madness” that Pay and the club promised but never delivered..

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OP Aren't you that clown who complained every game to sack Pay? Ignoring that its the players who arent first grade quality?

Yes, yes you are
And who was responsible for putting the side together clown?

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
2 props and a hooker is a must, releasing of Stimson early too,RFM needs to be a 13 and hit it up the middle,we don't need backs atm ,we need go forward fast

Reactions: ATT

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he had a bad game due to some dropped ball however he's a good player.
I agree with you in that Thompson is a good player & probably our best forward in our current squad.
However, I see him as a 2nd play prop.
Unfortunately we are without a genuine 1st play prop... One big mean behemoth of a man that scatters players with every run.
Thompson would work much better on a run following that behemoth.

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coz we have pussies and cowards imitating first grade players out in the forward pack
These mutts couldn’t squash a grape if the tried