The "R U OK ?" Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not yet. And she actually has hair on her head now. Thought she'd be bald her whole life.
Ahhh hair.. I used to have waves of hair..now its all just beach.. I only have a mild swell now too.. it used to be a high tide on demand.. :cry:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahhh hair.. I used to have waves of hair..now its all just beach.. I only have a mild swell now too.. it used to be a high tide on demand.. :cry:
I had luscious long locks when I was younger. I miss it, but I still look great bald.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m sorry if I’m interrupting anything going on in this thread, that’s not my intention.
I’m a bit nervous because I’m not used to talking about my psychiatric issues in this type of forum. I enjoy this forum and interacting with you guys. I do a lot more reading of the threads than commenting.
Anyway, I’m suffering quite severely atm with my depression. My drinking is getting out of control, I’m having trouble getting out of bed, eating, etc etc.
I’m organising an inpatient stay at a private hospital (I’m fortunate enough to be able to afford top private health cover). I’m hoping to go next week. This is not a big deal for me as I have had lots of hospital stays throughout my life but it still obviously sux.
I’m safe and have family around me that know what’s going on, so it’s just a matter of holding on until a bed becomes available.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m sorry if I’m interrupting anything going on in this thread, that’s not my intention.
I’m a bit nervous because I’m not used to talking about my psychiatric issues in this type of forum. I enjoy this forum and interacting with you guys. I do a lot more reading of the threads than commenting.
Anyway, I’m suffering quite severely atm with my depression. My drinking is getting out of control, I’m having trouble getting out of bed, eating, etc etc.
I’m organising an inpatient stay at a private hospital (I’m fortunate enough to be able to afford top private health cover). I’m hoping to go next week. This is not a big deal for me as I have had lots of hospital stays throughout my life but it still obviously sux.
I’m safe and have family around me that know what’s going on, so it’s just a matter of holding on until a bed becomes available.
I wish you all the best with it brother.

It great you are doing something about it and all my prayers and strength to you bro.

Never apologise posting here bro, we are here to listen, for you to vent or have a laugh.

We all have your back!

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on you for speaking about it. Hope you can get the help you need and as nutty as we all are here, we're here for support if you want it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Never apologise for expressing your feelings..that is why this thread was created. Glad you have taken the steps to get help..and really glad you have a supportive family around you..and your Kennel Family is with you too. Good luck mate and I’m sure brighter days are ahead..

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your journey @PaxMaxi1980

It can be a tough gig on here at times but rest assured there's plenty of good people to share a story or two and a shoulder to lean on also at times.

We'll all be looking out for you now so keep us in the loop, when you can find the time, during your rest and recuperation.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that with us. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't going so well at the moment. You deserve a lot of credit for realising there's a problem and taking positive steps to work on it. Keep us in the loop, we absolutely care about how you are doing.

Wire Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I am definitely more of a reader than a poster on here, but I always read this thread if I can see there's new posts. Good luck with your treatment my friend, and kudos to you for sharing on here, gives all of us that bit more courage and faith in human nature. God bless

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@PaxMaxi1980

A problem shared is a problem halved, as the saying goes. Hoping that posting it here has helped in some small way.

Mental illness affects people so differently at times.

So glad you are going to get the help you deserve. Fingers crossed for you & your loved ones that a bed becomes available quickly.

If you need someone to talk to privately, we are here by private message (conversation). Not saying were a professionals, but we in our own way are willing to help out. Whether it is just to vent about what is going on.

Keep us informed on how you are doing & going.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good onya for sharing where your at. Never know who else out there might be struggling that might read your comments and helps motivate them to seek help with whatever they are going through. Good luck with your hospital stay, let us know how your travelling (if you wish ofcoarse)..

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All my thoughts and best wishes to you. Hoping for the best outcome. Please stay well and keep us in the loop.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Best wishes as you pursue this treatment. Psychological distress is one of the hardest things in life to deal with, largely because it is invisible. The connection between drinking (and other forms of self-medication) and psychological distress is huge, so when the drinking goes up, it is a pretty sure sign that things are hard right now. You've done an excellent job so far to get to this point where you are seeing these signs and taking these steps. In terms of the treatment, are you taking the medication route, the therapy route, or both?