The "R U OK ?" Thread

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Medical Update - for those interested in following my ongoing adventures, trials and tribulations:

Saw my Haematologist today. Far more encouraging report than my last consultation. The basic summary is the percentage of cells still containing the Leukemia has dropped to 15%. It was still at 55% last time. Decent move in the right direction.

My CT scan yesterday re the Hodgkin's Lymphoma, indicated a reduction in size of my Lymph nodes from last time. So the Chemo is seemingly working so far.

I can also come off one of the medications that I was on.

In summary, progress on both cancers, and I don't have to alter treatment, for now. Also they are happy enough that I won't have quite as many appointments at Liverpool Hospital. This is also good.

Anyway, I am a lot happier after all this news, than I was over the last fortnight, when there was a degree of pessimism about the direction things were going.

Still a long way to go, and the fight continues.

Thanks again to everyone for your interest and support. It really helps.
Fantastic news mate, stoked for you. The positive news must be so uplifting for you to hear after the initial shock of everything that would of had your head spinning all over the place.
Keep it up mate, stay strong and I am hoping that your next update is every bit as positive as this one. Best wishes to you.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fantastic news mate, stoked for you. The positive news must be so uplifting for you to hear after the initial shock of everything that would of had your head spinning all over the place.
Keep it up mate, stay strong and I am hoping that your next update is every bit as positive as this one. Best wishes to you.
Thank you mate. I really appreciate your support.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Medical Update - for those interested in following my ongoing adventures, trials and tribulations:

Saw my Haematologist today. Far more encouraging report than my last consultation. The basic summary is the percentage of cells still containing the Leukemia has dropped to 15%. It was still at 55% last time. Decent move in the right direction.

My CT scan yesterday re the Hodgkin's Lymphoma, indicated a reduction in size of my Lymph nodes from last time. So the Chemo is seemingly working so far.

In summary, progress on both cancers, and I don't have to alter treatment, for now. Also they are happy enough that I won't have quite as many appointments at Liverpool Hospital. This is also good.

Anyway, I am a lot happier after all this news, than I was over the last fortnight, when there was a degree of pessimism about the direction things were going.

Thanks for the update. Really good to hear that you are getting some positive news.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bloody good news champion, so happy for you keep fighting you will win BW..Might still be a while but any updates on when you will be able to fully appreciate a huge plate of that Curried goong your specialty dish? :grinning:

Last edited:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bloody good news champion, so happy for you keep fighting you will win BW..Might still be a while but any updates on when you will be able to fully appreciate a huge plate of that Curried goong your specialty dish? :grinning:
Hopefully my sense of taste returns soon. Bit of work to do a good curried prawns. So, hopefully get enough strength back soon, to give it a go. 8-)

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was another death at Parra Westfield today, been quite a few over the years yet there's still basically no preventative measures in place.
What can they do. Can they extend the glass panes. If they are going to jump they will find a way