The "R U OK ?" Thread

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been on this forum playing a small part for many years. Even though I don't personally know anyone on here, the fact I follow what's happening each day helps me feel connected with you all in a small way. Anyways this may seem like an odd thing to post, and even for me not really sure why I've decided to, but this afternoon I heard some worrying news about my brother. He's been going through a rough trot the last few years. As his only brother and in many ways closest friend, I tried to be there for him, talk to him, get him to seek help. Unfortunately he was reluctant to take up my and others advice and kept trying to battle things the best way he knew how, to ignore then or pretend they weren't affecting him as much they were. So today having been told some news, I knew I needed to go check om him, to see if he was okay. I arrived at his place and had difficulty getting access. I knew something wasn't right. It wasn't. My brother had taken his own life. I'm struggling to even believe it right now, let alone understand (which I feel I never will). I've lost my older brother, and even though it doesn't feel real, it is. I'll never get the chance to try and help him again. Please, if anyone reading this ever feels they are in a dark place they can't get out of, please please please talk to someone, get help, don't stop trying, call your brother or whoever it is that cares about you in your life. Because those people are there, they want to help, and you absolutely are worth saving.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been on this forum playing a small part for many years. Even though I don't personally know anyone on here, the fact I follow what's happening each day helps me feel connected with you all in a small way. Anyways this may seem like an odd thing to post, and even for me not really sure why I've decided to, but this afternoon I heard some worrying news about my brother. He's been going through a rough trot the last few years. As his only brother and in many ways closest friend, I tried to be there for him, talk to him, get him to seek help. Unfortunately he was reluctant to take up my and others advice and kept trying to battle things the best way he knew how, to ignore then or pretend they weren't affecting him as much they were. So today having been told some news, I knew I needed to go check om him, to see if he was okay. I arrived at his place and had difficulty getting access. I knew something wasn't right. It wasn't. My brother had taken his own life. I'm struggling to even believe it right now, let alone understand (which I feel I never will). I've lost my older brother, and even though it doesn't feel real, it is. I'll never get the chance to try and help him again. Please, if anyone reading this ever feels they are in a dark place they can't get out of, please please please talk to someone, get help, don't stop trying, call your brother or whoever it is that cares about you in your life. Because those people are there, they want to help, and you absolutely are worth saving.
So sorry you have to be facing this shit situation dekepefc. There's nothing to say that will help you feel better at this point or stop you asking yourself all the what if questions. We can't force people who want to tough things out to get the help they need and I hope that you don't wind up blaming yourself for this.

I hope you have a good support network around you now. I'm pretty useless at these things. But if nobody close to you or on here is able to help you deal with this, then ring lifeline or see a doctor about referral to counselling services.

Wish I could help more mate. But you have my condolences.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to read that my brother...

I wish I have the words to comfort you. All I can say is that we are here when you need us.

All my prayers and strength to you and your family.

Stay strong my bro.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve tried to write a number of replies to this..trying to think of some profound words to ease your pain but each time I’m at loss for words..because at this time no words can..I’m very sorry for your loss, please take care.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So sorry you have to be facing this shit situation dekepefc. There's nothing to say that will help you feel better at this point or stop you asking yourself all the what if questions. We can't force people who want to tough things out to get the help they need and I hope that you don't wind up blaming yourself for this.

I hope you have a good support network around you now. I'm pretty useless at these things. But if nobody close to you or on here is able to help you deal with this, then ring lifeline or see a doctor about referral to counselling services.

Wish I could help more mate. But you have my condolences.
@dekepefc

Very sad news. I am so very, very sorry to hear of your loss. It's truly heartbreaking. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

I am at a loss to find suitable words. But would like to echo some of the sentiments already expressed. Please support each other. It can help. I have been blessed by support from people inside this forum and fanbase. If there is any way I can reciprocate, to anyone who needs some support, I welcome hearing from them.

For now, I can only offer my thoughts and prayers. Please take care.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So sorry to hear mate. I can't imagine what you're going through. We're all here if you or anyone else needs to talk.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
She's a fighter. I really believe she'll be ok. How are you going mate?
Yeah, stay positive and keep the fight up. Knowledge and treatments continue to make advances all the time.

As for me, by and large, I'm going ok. Still early days, so hard to get the full picture. The Leukemia treatment is working to a point, but not as fast as the doctor would like. Only had two doses of Chemo for the Hodgkin's Lymphoma, so too early to tell. Have to go to Liverpool tomorrow, for blood tests, meeting with the Registrar, and possible blood transfusion. Thursday, another CT scan, to see if the lymph nodes have started shinking after the Chemo. Friday, another blood test and meeting with the main Haematologist. More Chemo next week... it's just about a full-time job.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, stay positive and keep the fight up. Knowledge and treatments continue to make advances all the time.

As for me, by and large, I'm going ok. Still early days, so hard to get the full picture. The Leukemia treatment is working to a point, but not as fast as the doctor would like. Only had two doses of Chemo for the Hodgkin's Lymphoma, so too early to tell. Have to go to Liverpool tomorrow, for blood tests, meeting with the Registrar, and possible blood transfusion. Thursday, another CT scan, to see if the lymph nodes have started shinking after the Chemo. Friday, another blood test and meeting with the main Haematologist. More Chemo next week... it's just about a full-time job.
A full time job is easier my bro.

Keep on punching!