The "R U OK ?" Thread

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Update - I got discharged from hospital last night, and enjoying some time at home, after 3 weeks away. Back tomorrow for more tests, and follow up.

Thanks again to everyone who has been reaching out in various ways. It really has lifted my spirits and helped get me through the last 3 weeks - especially in the isolation/lockdown phase.
Awesome news!

Enjoy being back at home where you belong my bro

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Update - I got discharged from hospital last night, and enjoying some time at home, after 3 weeks away. Back tomorrow for more tests, and follow up.

Thanks again to everyone who has been reaching out in various ways. It really has lifted my spirits and helped get me through the last 3 weeks - especially in the isolation/lockdown phase.
Excellent to hear..now find that Thrawn and have a read..then give us a review!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Feeling a bit run down. Trying to catch up on some rest. But the most recent blood tests are encouraging, according to the doctor. Three more appointments this week. Then another dose of Chemo, the following week...
Fantastic to hear bud..really good to hear.. Hope you can rest up..

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How you travelling, soldier?
Not too bad overall, thanks. But a lot of fatigue and tiredness. Saw my haematologist today. Says things are largely good. Though he's a little concerned that 50% of my cells still contain CML Leukemia. He expected that to be less after 2 months of treatment. Have to do some genetic test to see if there's a biological reason. May need to change the medication.

More Chemo next week for the Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The fight goes on...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
B
Not too bad overall, thanks. But a lot of fatigue and tiredness. Saw my haematologist today. Says things are largely good. Though he's a little concerned that 50% of my cells still contain CML Leukemia. He expected that to be less after 2 months of treatment. Have to do some genetic test to see if there's a biological reason. May need to change the medication.

You are one tough hombre..take it easy man..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Prayers and strength to you my brother.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Overall, not too bad, thanks. Had Chemo on Wednesday. Was OK on the day, but it knocks me around a bit with nausea and fatigue for 2-3 days afterwards. I'm in that phase at the moment. Have to take some pill during this time that is supposed to counteract the nausea etc., but is causes insomnia, so I was awake most of last night. Can't taste food or drink either, which is a bit sad. Oh well, the fight continues...