The "R U OK ?" Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah bro, I've been going through this over the last 6-8 months. I think its severe depression, I think its easier to not live than to live

Feb last year I tried to end my life, deliberately overdosing on Xanax. After that incident I was okay for a while, but I feel that I'm back again depressed.
Sorry to hear man have you gone back to your doc and spoken to them ? Maybe a change of meds could be on the cards . Remember when that **** of a thing sets in it takes over your thoughts. So anytime you gots to vent or need to shoot off a pm do it .
Your not alone brother don't let it consume you

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah bro, I've been going through this over the last 6-8 months. I think its severe depression, I think its easier to not live than to live

Feb last year I tried to end my life, deliberately overdosing on Xanax. After that incident I was okay for a while, but I feel that I'm back again depressed.
Hey Tonee , sad to hear that you're not doing so well but in saying that it's good to see that you've at the very least been able to vent a little via this post

I remember reading your post about how you tried to end your life last year and it was heartbreaking , I sometimes feel depressed but cannot imagine being trapped in that state for more than a day or 2 must be torturous ..
My friend is severely depressed , bipolar and is going through a messy divorce with kids , incredibly she appears to be coping very well but tells me she just wants to end it.. With regular sessions with her pschologist and doctor she has found a way to cope and start moving forward.

I can't advise you or offer you anything but I hope that you can gamble on the trust of doctors etc.. Please keep posting

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All I can advise anyone who's thinking that ending things is their best option is to seek counselling. I went through a pretty tough time through last year with some shit at work. I had some suicidal thoughts during it all.

In the end I went through 8 counseling sessions and some associated activities that gave me tools to break out of the negative mindset. I worked out the patterns of when the clouds were forming and some ways to disperse them before they decided to stick round. I think if you suffer from depression and have never tried counselling it's worth a shot.

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score

I can only agree with everyone else. Keep speaking, keep talking, keep venting. I was clinically depressed when I was younger, about 20 years ago actually. Every morning I would wake up and just start crying because I was still breathing. I tried so hard to just lie there every morning and not breathe. But with the help of doctors, psychologists and a whole lot of people who probably didn't even know they helped me I made it.......and oh Tonee I am so glad I did! The little things kept me going, talking to the drunk at the shop across the road at 3am in the morning, the anonymous people at the end of the help lines, the friends who weren't surprised when I turned up at dinner time and and sat on their couch all night. Just keep talking. And you keep talking and you keep trying....like you have managed to do before....and one day you wake up and you are glad you are breathing. You have a whole support team here for you so vent away.

Take care
Helena

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey peeps, finally made it home. My heart has deteriorated, but by not much. The ribs restricting my breathing and sleep is why I feel like shit.

He gave me tramal to take with panadine to help me with the pain so I can try to sleep.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@tonee I suffer from clinical depression, if you ever need a chat pm me whenever you want bro.

I don't know all the answers but I can try to help.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey peeps, finally made it home. My heart has deteriorated, but by not much. The ribs restricting my breathing and sleep is why I feel like shit.

He gave me tremol to take with panadine to help me with the pain so I can try to sleep.
Im so relieved to hear it. Can I tell you lack of sleep makes me feel phantom symptoms of heart palpitations , impending doom , forgetfulness the list goes on , so it sounds like they're treating you the best way to help with recovery of the ribs, Which in turn will help with general health. Good news thanks for letting us know

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

He gave me tremol to take with panadine to help me with the pain so I can try to sleep.
That shit should make you float lol dont take it yet we got ***** to kill ( online ) i need a wing man im get fucked from all directions lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Great news!!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Hang in there bro.. I know it's hard.. Depression does not discriminate.. It was Winston Churchill..who himself suffered with severe depression..coined the phrase.. The Black Dog.. Those nagging negative thoughts that constantly bark inside your head.. Don't face it alone..because you are a not alone..the responses here in the Kennel prove that.. Seek help..it's out there more than ever.. It might take a little a while..it may take a simple observation from someone that changes your perspective..which thankfully worked for me.. But an answer..a solution is out there..to take control of that Black Dog..and its not ending your life..

Quite simply you are too valuable..

Kaspa

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score

Hey bro glad u survived the the train ride without killing anyone lol glad to hear ur gonna have a good night rest when the meds kick in so ur body can relax

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I mean it from the bottom of my crappy heart thank you all for caring. You guys are family to me.

PS my cardiologist is a genius but very serious all the time. I got him pissing himself laughing by saying I'm like a V8 running on 1 cylinder lol

Even he is scratching his head at how I'm still alive, I said because God and the devil both don't want me lol

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I am so terribly sorry to hear that you went through this and got to that stage of feeling as if you had no choice but to attempt to end your own life but more so that you feel you are headed in that direction again.

You know what Tonee, I too had some pretty dark thoughts in my mind many years ago and always wondered what it would be like to not have to deal with things anymore.

I had a lot of the typical symptoms of depression; inability to cope with going out in public, even to familiar places or family events; I felt more comfortable with being at home and on my own. Isolation was my friend. Not wanting to do things that I previously enjoyed like going to the movies, gardening, crossword puzzles ( trying to concentrate on those drove me crazy when I prided myself on having been able to attempt even some of the cryptic ones quite successfully) and a feeling of 'loss of time' which scared me no end. I withdrew from family and felt like I was not contributing to anything worthwhile. The biggest ones though were the panic attacks where I felt as if I could not swallow properly and I suffered breathing difficulties, leading to trips to A& E where I was sure the staff thought I was a crazy lady wasting their time as no physical cause could be found and the voicing of the fact that I felt that I was worthless and a complete failure.

Thankfully a good friend got hold of me and told me a few home truths that I probably did not want to hear at the time, but thankfully I heeded. I could not take charge of my life as I should have so they stepped in and did it for me until I was able to do something for myself. Where I found myself was on account of many things; the biggest a relationship turned sour, something I felt was my fault something that I was a failure at.

It took a lot of positive reinforcement from others and encouragement to bring everything out into the open and deal with it in a logical way, rather than the way I was thinking which I now know was completely illogical. I had many visits to a medical professional and I had to turn to medication, something I dearly wanted to avoid, but eventually realised I needed to have. I stayed on that medication for many years until I felt able to confidently control my thoughts but thankfully have not had to return to it even though things in life can still get to me. I had to relearn my mental behaviour, and as many will tell you it is something you need to constantly work on.

Tonee, being mentally well is something we all have to work at, in our own ways and some a lot harder than others, but you need never feel alone in this.

I have read some really great posts in this thread which make one realise that with good friends who are willing to listen and not judge we are never alone. Please don't feel alone; take up the offers of those who are willing to listen; please seek the help your Doctor; don't let yourself get to that low ever again. Regain some self belief and in turn get rid of your negative thoughts.

It takes a brave person to say what you have said, keep that in mind. Don't feel that you are any less of a person for feeling the way you do, because as I said before a lot of us have been where you are.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He gave me tramal to take with panadine to help me with the pain so I can try to sleep.
Positivity, positivity is a mantra that you should keep repeating. Even though you say deterioration is present that is tempered by the fact that it is little. The mind would have been working overtime with those negative thoughts, but now at least you have a good explanation for your breathing discomfort. Take your medication and get some quality sleep and keep on keeping on. Mama says.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am so terribly sorry to hear that you went through this and got to that stage of feeling as if you had no choice but to attempt to end your own life but more so that you feel you are headed in that direction again.

You know what Tonee, I too had some pretty dark thoughts in my mind many years ago and always wondered what it would be like to not have to deal with things anymore.

I had a lot of the typical symptoms of depression; inability to cope with going out in public, even to familiar places or family events; I felt more comfortable with being at home and on my own. Isolation was my friend. Not wanting to do things that I previously enjoyed like going to the movies, gardening, crossword puzzles ( trying to concentrate on those drove me crazy when I prided myself on having been able to attempt even some of the cryptic ones quite successfully) and a feeling of 'loss of time' which scared me no end. I withdrew from family and felt like I was not contributing to anything worthwhile. The biggest ones though were the panic attacks where I felt as if I could not swallow properly and I suffered breathing difficulties, leading to trips to A& E where I was sure the staff thought I was a crazy lady wasting their time as no physical cause could be found and the voicing of the fact that I felt that I was worthless and a complete failure.

Thankfully a good friend got hold of me and told me a few home truths that I probably did not want to hear at the time, but thankfully I heeded. I could not take charge of my life as I should have so they stepped in and did it for me until I was able to do something for myself. Where I found myself was on account of many things; the biggest a relationship turned sour, something I felt was my fault something that I was a failure at.

It took a lot of positive reinforcement from others and encouragement to bring everything out into the open and deal with it in a logical way, rather than the way I was thinking which I now know was completely illogical. I had many visits to a medical professional and I had to turn to medication, something I dearly wanted to avoid, but eventually realised I needed to have. I stayed on that medication for many years until I felt able to confidently control my thoughts but thankfully have not had to return to it even though things in life can still get to me. I had to relearn my mental behaviour, and as many will tell you it is something you need to constantly work on.

Tonee, being mentally well is something we all have to work at, in our own ways and some a lot harder than others, but you need never feel alone in this.

I have read some really great posts in this thread which make one realise that with good friends who are willing to listen and not judge we are never alone. Please don't feel alone; take up the offers of those who are willing to listen; please seek the help your Doctor; don't let yourself get to that low ever again. Regain some self belief and in turn get rid of your negative thoughts.

It takes a brave person to say what you have said, keep that in mind. Don't feel that you are any less of a person for feeling the way you do, because as I said before a lot of us have been where you are.
You pretty much nailed it on the head. This is exactly how I feel, I've lost so much interest in things I use to enjoy, even the Bulldogs games, I don't care as much as I use too. I rather be alone isolated than to be around people. So sad, I sit on the train and people watch and sometimes, I feel my eyes watering up with tears. I have no fucking idea why either. I have anxiety attacks pretty much every Friday afternoons, because I know my weekends I'm just going to be depressed, at least Monday to Friday, 9-5pm I'm working and I'm pretty consistent going to the gym during lunch time and it does help me get my mind off things.

Thanks for everyones comments, I did read them all.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You pretty much nailed it on the head. This is exactly how I feel, I've lost so much interest in things I use to enjoy, even the Bulldogs games, I don't care as much as I use too. I rather be alone isolated than to be around people. So sad, I sit on the train and people watch and sometimes, I feel my eyes watering up with tears. I have no fucking idea why either. I have anxiety attacks pretty much every Friday afternoons, because I know my weekends I'm just going to be depressed, at least Monday to Friday, 9-5pm I'm working and I'm pretty consistent going to the gym during lunch time and it does help me get my mind off things.

Thanks for everyones comments, I did read them all.
Hey tonnee the anxiety is something i can really relate to it was with me 24 /7 for nearly 20 years to the point of crippling me and really fucking me up.
Im now on cymbalta and holy shit after adjusting to it ive improved a lot im also challenging myself to do new things and break my comfort zone shortly ill be doing yoga again as its great for the head and i do a bit of kyacking.
Im also a bit obsessed with buying power tools and attempting to make shit , some things come off some i loose my shit and kick fuck out off lol.
My point is i try to keep the brain active and distracted from myself as much as possible and if you are having a panic attack that goes for anyone p.m. me any hour of the day and ill do my best to help .
Remember bro the shit thoughts are not you its the depression. Day at a time my friend and the kennel family is here for you