The "R U OK ?" Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My mum is from Erskineville and Earlwood originally.

Earlwood, the side closer to Canterbury is very nice!
Yeah Earlwood’s great..Erskineville was pretty tough suburb in its day to be honest. Canterbury Boy’s Hight is right next to Ashbury..that’s a really nice suburb

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I got this from doing research about self hate.

, you may have come across critical and shame-driven teachers or education systems that made you feel worthless or inferior if you didn’t meet their standards of success.

If this is indeed fact and proven,I might look at suing the department of education and James Erskine public school?

Fucking lousy public education system!
Thank fuck my 1st grade teacher was an English woman with common sense.

If anyone asks how do I have a case?
Im sure theres reports from the school and Westmead hospital floating around in archives somewhere?

Banned
Reaction score
I took a sick day on Saturday from work due to the hours n stress catching up with me.

My dumb fuck security supervisor (yes hes Lebanese) thinks that is an invitation to give himself a day off in the middle of the week and give me an extra day.

How come Arabs are the most unreasonable,hypocritical, non understanding people for?

Sorry for the generalisation guys but a Lebo in power isn't generally a good thing!
You guys are good talkers, thats about it!

Btw don't think I'm being a pussy saying this on the internet only.
I'd have no problem barking directly at the wolf!
Fabricate an 'emergency' that requires his on-site presence :P

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not in a good head space right now. I am feeling very lost at the moment. I don't know what to do.

Banned
Reaction score
Talking about it with someone is a good starting point.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am not in a good head space right now. I am feeling very lost at the moment. I don't know what to do.
Dogg you have mentioned here before that this feeling passes..and you said you have to ride the wave till it goes..

So my man this feeling will end..it will go.. Remember the night is darkest before the dawn..

If you cannot cope brother talk to someone..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey you cool out there?
To be honest, not really. Since finding out that I have no job in a couple of weeks has put me on a downer and now my depression has amplified. Just very stressed out as without work I won't be able to survive. Unfortunately where I'm living jobs are very limited, even in the surrounding areas. Life just constantly keeps kicking me in the nuts!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest, not really. Since finding out that I have no job in a couple of weeks has put me on a downer and now my depression has amplified. Just very stressed out as without work I won't be able to survive. Unfortunately where I'm living jobs are very limited, even in the surrounding areas. Life just constantly keeps kicking me in the nuts!
That sucks bro.
How have you successfully treated your depression in the past?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That sucks bro.
How have you successfully treated your depression in the past?
I wouldn't say I've ever successfully treated it just kinda learned to live side by side with it and what my triggers are. In the past I have been on different meds but most of the time they made me feel like a zombie or just made my head worse. When I'm going good, which I have been for a while it is easy to cope but when I have a low, it's real low. So right now I've been triggered by the news I posted previously. I can't sleep properly either which also isn't helping because my mind is going 100 miles an hour.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I've ever successfully treated it just kinda learned to live side by side with it and what my triggers are. In the past I have been on different meds but most of the time they made me feel like a zombie or just made my head worse. When I'm going good, which I have been for a while it is easy to cope but when I have a low, it's real low. So right now I've been triggered by the news I posted previously. I can't sleep properly either which also isn't helping because my mind is going 100 miles an hour.
You don't drink alcohol?

Im telling you now 100% alcohol will not help the problem but only make it worse!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the sleep thing sucks.

It seems like you have a good understanding of the process. And whilst lows are bad you know that it’s cyclical and you will at some point be back up.

You need no advice from anyone. You get it.
You seem strong to me man. Be strong

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah the sleep thing sucks.

It seems like you have a good understanding of the process. And whilst lows are bad you know that it’s cyclical and you will at some point be back up.

You need no advice from anyone. You get it.
You seem strong to me man. Be strong
Cheers, I am pretty strong most of the time but even the strongest have their week moments. Just so happens mine is now. I have a feeling it's gonna be like this until I can get things sorted out with work/life. I don't even want to go to my job I have now as i have no motivation knowing I am out of there in 3-4 weeks.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Cheers, I am pretty strong most of the time but even the strongest have their week moments. Just so happens mine is now. I have a feeling it's gonna be like this until I can get things sorted out with work/life. I don't even want to go to my job I have now as i have no motivation knowing I am out of there in 3-4 weeks.
Hope your OK, trust me I can relate but only recently admitted it.
Just remember this "Stars shine through the darkness".
If I could help I would but you know you best so do what works for you. But if talking helps I can't think of a better place than this to start.
Keep well my friend.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
You're strong all of the time. It's only these scenarios that are outside of your control, which convince you otherwise.
It's a cycle and it will pass. And you know that. If you're a decent human being with a good heart, then karma will help you sort things out.
I hope you're doing better today?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're strong all of the time. It's only these scenarios that are outside of your control, which convince you otherwise.
It's a cycle and it will pass. And you know that. If you're a decent human being with a good heart, then karma will help you sort things out.
I hope you're doing better today?
Cheers mate, yeah I know. I don't like the feeling of not having control even though it's something I can't control happening. I am doing a bit better now, I think it was just the initial news that put me on a downer for a few days. Probably have a few more up and down days til I get sorted but right now I am ok.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can only suggest being proactive in getting resumes out now. Don't dwell on the problem before it's a problem, try to fix it before it actually becomes a serious issue.

Life throws everyone some curve balls. I've been in situations that almost crippled my ability to see any light at the end of the tunnel. There are no set solutions to give, but if you face the problems head on you won't be kicking yourself for letting it cripple you like I have in the past. Even if there are limited jobs available, you may be able to get a start on subsiding by advertising your services now with something like gardening and handyman services to make ends meet.

In the end it does help to talk to people, but self belief is the ultimate goal. You didn't create this situation but you aren't in a situation that you can't get through.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Cheers mate, yeah I know. I don't like the feeling of not having control even though it's something I can't control happening. I am doing a bit better now, I think it was just the initial news that put me on a downer for a few days. Probably have a few more up and down days til I get sorted but right now I am ok.
And you will mate. We all do. But look at it as a lesson, and then move on. It's difficult I know but we get better at it as time goes on.
Glad to hear you're doing ok.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can only suggest being proactive in getting resumes out now. Don't dwell on the problem before it's a problem, try to fix it before it actually becomes a serious issue.

Life throws everyone some curve balls. I've been in situations that almost crippled my ability to see any light at the end of the tunnel. There are no set solutions to give, but if you face the problems head on you won't be kicking yourself for letting it cripple you like I have in the past. Even if there are limited jobs available, you may be able to get a start on subsiding by advertising your services now with something like gardening and handyman services to make ends meet.

In the end it does help to talk to people, but self belief is the ultimate goal. You didn't create this situation but you aren't in a situation that you can't get through.
Yeah bud I've already got the feelers out looking for work as well as got some friends looking out for me too. This is far from the worse situations I've had to deal with before. Still a bit of a kick in the nuts though. I'll soldier on, I always do.