The "R U OK ?" Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good man I still miss the ***** everyday lol ,I just don't light up I'm determined to hit the year mark smoke free,while technically my breathing should be better it feels like it's not because I got fat last year I was 78kg carting 5 tonne of timber 60 plus stairs with a ciggie out my mouth no worries ,now I take a shit I'm puffing lol just need to fuck the guts off and I'll be right
I hear ya mate, I guess I'm just that focused on other things now that I just overlook the need or feeling of having a smoke. I'm just really headstrong this time around and motivated to achieve this healthier lifestyle. If only my body wasn't so banged up from all my past injuries I'd be feeling a million bucks right now lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I took a sick day on Saturday from work due to the hours n stress catching up with me.

My dumb fuck security supervisor (yes hes Lebanese) thinks that is an invitation to give himself a day off in the middle of the week and give me an extra day.

How come Arabs are the most unreasonable,hypocritical, non understanding people for?

Sorry for the generalisation guys but a Lebo in power isn't generally a good thing!
You guys are good talkers, thats about it!

Btw don't think I'm being a pussy saying this on the internet only.
I'd have no problem barking directly at the wolf!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Feeling a bit deflated today. Just got told that my job is no more by the end of November. The business I work for is closing up. Been working their for 4 years now non stop. My biggest worry now is trying to find another job as were I live is only a small place and work is not the easiest to find here or in the surrounding areas. Especially now with the damn drought going on.

Cue stress level now!!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Feeling a bit deflated today. Just got told that my job is no more by the end of November. The business I work for is closing up. Been working their for 4 years now non stop. My biggest worry now is trying to find another job as were I live is only a small place and work is not the easiest to find here or in the surrounding areas. Especially now with the damn drought going on.

Cue stress level now!!
Chin up mate. Start looking ASAP, try stay positive. Is hard but do the best you can.

And stay away from them smokes.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

Cue stress level now!!
Where do you live?
If you are in Sydney you will have no trouble getting a job if you speak and act Aussie.

Those kind of workers are highly desired.
If you have those qualities an employer will shred your resume up right in front of you, without reading it and tell you welcome aboard!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chin up mate. Start looking ASAP, try stay positive. Is hard but do the best you can.

And stay away from them smokes.
Cheers mate and don't worry I ain't going to touch the cigarettes. Couldn't afford to do it now anyway with this news. Good thing I quit when i did, probably have to add alcohol to that list now too.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where do you live?
If you are in Sydney you will have no trouble getting a job if you speak and act Aussie.

Those kind of workers are highly desired.
If you have those qualities an employer will shred your resume up right in front of you, without reading it and tell you welcome aboard!
I used to live in the city but now I am living out in the central west area, the bush so to speak. That's what makes it hard to find work as it is limited around here.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to live in the city but now I am living out in the central west area, the bush so to speak. That's what makes it hard to find work as it is limited around here.
Hopefully you find something that suits you.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cheers mate and don't worry I ain't going to touch the cigarettes. Couldn't afford to do it now anyway with this news. Good thing I quit when i did, probably have to add alcohol to that list now too.
Not sure of your age mate, but don't rule out something totally different. Could be a blessing. I'm 37 (but I look 20 :tearsofjoy:) and going to start an apprenticeship next year. Start all over again. Scary but look forward to it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure of your age mate, but don't rule out something totally different. Could be a blessing. I'm 37 (but I look 20 :tearsofjoy:) and going to start an apprenticeship next year. Start all over again. Scary but look forward to it.
Its never too late to learn some will say.

Except high school teachers who will try to convince you if you don't soak in their indoctrination then you will be dumb for life.

Of course a high school teacher will say that.
its in his interest.
Just as its in the interest of alcohol corporations to sell us the idea of Australia being a proud beer drinking nation.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Except high school teachers who will try to convince you if you don't soak in their indoctrination then you will be dumb for life.

its in his interest.
Just as its in the interest of alcohol corporations to sell us the idea of Australia being a proud beer drinking nation.
Yeah once had a teacher said id amount to nothing, bumped into em again a few years later while earning more than they did. Was funny.

I don't have an issue with Alcohol, I don't think its a big of issue as others.

If I want a beer i'll have a beer, if not I wont. Some people rely on it more than others.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

its in his interest.
I was a high school teacher..neither I nor any teacher I worked with or was at uni with ever said that.. If anything they are an example of life long learning as teacher’s update their teaching skills and subject areas constantly..
You are never too old to learn ..nor too old to try something new.. Any teacher who says you are should not be in the job.

Ps..I agree with you about beer though!:D

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you find something that suits you.
Hopefully, out here you just gotta take what you can get. I've been jobless before out this way and it was a real struggle to get something. Luckily I've got a bit of money saved up to keep me going for a while, but I hope a new job pops up sooner than later.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I was a high school teacher..neither I nor any teacher I worked with or was at uni with ever said that.. If anything they are an example of life long learning as teacher’s update their teaching skills and subject areas constantly..
You are never too old to learn ..nor too old to try something new.. Any teacher who says you are should not be in the job.

Ps..I agree with you about beer though!:D
My high school teachers lived in a fantasy land where they say you don't grow up.and learn anything outside of school

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah once had a teacher said id amount to nothing, bumped into em again a few years later while earning more than they did. Was funny.

I don't have an issue with Alcohol, I don't think its a big of issue as others.

If I want a beer i'll have a beer, if not I wont. Some people rely on it more than others.
Most people rely on it more than others.
Alcohol isn't a good drug.
Theres better drugs out there for you, thats a fact.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same age but don't look it either. Well this job I had was actually something different compared to previous jobs. I'm not fussed what the work is as long as it's a job.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My high school teachers lived in a fantasy land where they say you don't grow up.and learn anything outside of school
They are no teachers..I’m disgusted.. I believe everyone has the capacity to learn anything..at any age..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What do you expect from a government school out west?

I understand now why John Howard was ashamed to admit he was educated at public schools.
Shame you got some bad ones.. Canterbury Boy’s High!