The "R U OK ?" Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I can't wait until she comes running back, I'm certain she will, I treated her like a queen and she won't find that elsewhere, especially with her new circle of friends, all low life scumbags.
Just be-careful not to place her on pedestal, nothing wrong with treating her well but don't go overboard with it, never works out and is an unhealthy thing to do. A lot of women will eventually find it boring and be less attracted to you if you keep her placed on that pedestal.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well to be honest the real reason I did it was because I had too much spare time in my old job and used to spend hours on end doing nothing. I mean our boss worked in a different office and I was there alone for a few hours each day and got bored. I wouldn't mind posting one from time to time but mainly over it now.
Fair enough.. Oh gaming..it’s superb these days!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just be-careful not to place her on pedestal, nothing wrong with treating her well but don't go overboard with it, never works out and is an unhealthy thing to do. A lot of women will eventually find it boring and be less attracted to you if you keep her placed on that pedestal.
Your absolutely fucking right, I treated her too well, I should have been more selfish throughout the relationship.

I can't believe some people are like that though, I mean as weird as it sounds we had two female friends of our break up with there boyfriends due to them not getting treated like I treated her. I guess thats the type of person I am, I love making others smile, it makes my day and when its someone you love it made me want to make her smile all day, spoil her, help her with what ever she needed, even though everything she has done since is bad I don't regret the way I acted if im being completely honest. She ran away just before one of the most stressful times of my life and already has a thing with someone else whilst I was there for some of the worst fucking times of hers, no matter if that was due to her depression acting up at 3 am and me driving to her just to comfort her enough so that she would get a few hours of sleep or that was me being by her side throughout some shit fucking times at her old work that could have jeopardised my own position at my job due to a connection between the companies. But I dont regret a single moment because it showed my real character compared to hers.

I found out today that her parents are fucking pissed off that she lost me, as annoying as in-laws can be I tried really hard with them. I helped them a lot and just genuinely showed them that I was someone you'd want your daughter with. So that's a positive I guess.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As hard as I try to study or work I just can't seem to focus, I've tried everything from blocking out every single distraction too playing music whilst I try to get shit done, I've tried to do the most intense workouts to the point where I physically don't have the power to get up out of my chair to get distracted, I've tried group study or connecting with more people at the office but I just can't focus with everything going on. Im at a point where I have no friends (got rid of most cause there too toxic and the good ones are just all caught up with there own lives right now), I'm heartbroken, super low on confidence, only hobby is gym and I just don't know where to from now which causes me anxiety because I like to know my path and the direction im heading.

I would do anything for a good thing right now, ideally, I would love if a new girl came in just to fucken get my ex out of my mind or a positive sign that my hard work is paying off at work or just anything positive. Im dying for that know to help me get out of the rut.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And on top of that I had planned to take leave for 6 weeks throughout December and January. I have been working and studying for pretty much 7 days a week for the past 4 years with very minimal time out for myself and I just lost focus of where I want to go in life. Barely had a break and I had planned to just tick off many things off a couples bucket list with my ex and just get my mind off any bads things apart of this world but right now im seriously reconsidering the break, Im not a bucket list person that wants to explore the world by myself, Im already going on a European trip at the end of the following year and I rather not spend to much money on traveling right now so I feel like it would be a waste of time.

Unless I make some new great friend or find a new misses then I feel like it will be a lonely few weeks and the distractions of work (as shit as it can be at times) won't be there so I may be worse off. I know people say you should find happiness being by yourself and all that but I find a lot of happiness being around people that care about how I am and how I'm doing, I really value companionship so I'm scared I'll struggle being lonely tbh.

If I do decide to take the time off I'll focus on getting where I want to physically and probably take up boxing as I love the challenge of a new sport but other then that I'd be lost.

Sorry I'm bitching a lot today guys, I'm just in a real hole right now and struggling to see the light.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And on top of that I had planned to take leave for 6 weeks throughout December and January. I have been working and studying for pretty much 7 days a week for the past 4 years with very minimal time out for myself and I just lost focus of where I want to go in life. Barely had a break and I had planned to just tick off many things off a couples bucket list with my ex and just get my mind off any bads things apart of this world but right now im seriously reconsidering the break, Im not a bucket list person that wants to explore the world by myself, Im already going on a European trip at the end of the following year and I rather not spend to much money on traveling right now so I feel like it would be a waste of time.

Unless I make some new great friend or find a new misses then I feel like it will be a lonely few weeks and the distractions of work (as shit as it can be at times) won't be there so I may be worse off. I know people say you should find happiness being by yourself and all that but I find a lot of happiness being around people that care about how I am and how I'm doing, I really value companionship so I'm scared I'll struggle being lonely tbh.

If I do decide to take the time off I'll focus on getting where I want to physically and probably take up boxing as I love the challenge of a new sport but other then that I'd be lost.

Sorry I'm bitching a lot today guys, I'm just in a real hole right now and struggling to see the light.
Not bitching bro, venting.

We are all here for eachother, no judgement. We are all in this shit together.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Perfect 6 weeks of go where you want to go and fuck your arse off. Honestly bro you're missing a fantasy shes already smashing another dude without having the guts to tell you its not the same woman no more.
You will come out better in the end .dont bother looking for a new bird now take advantage fuck what you want when you want do what you want .you will find someone that appreciates your time and effort down the track.
Yet again you are not going to feel better over night or next week or the week after but you will be better in time .
The end of the day you will find the "one " pump out a few kids and end up pulling your dick on a cold bathroom floor like the rest of us " happy miserable " ***** .
Keep your head up bro and vent when you need to

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Hang in there champ, what you are going through totally sux and i feel for ya. You have pointed out the cliché thing if you don't enjoy your own company how can anyone else? honestly mate it is true. As you mentioned, it sounds like you have totally neglected yourself and just put her needs and wants first and most likely become clingy(and all the rest) and you are using her to validate your own self worth, just know you are better than that mate. Honestly don't even go out there looking for a new chic, get out there and discover yourself, do new things, put yourself in situations you haven't been in before, along the way you will learn things about yourself that you didn't know BUT do leave yourself open to meeting new chics. When you do meet a new chic you are attracted to (and you will), reverse what you have done previously, just be yourself, you don't need her validation because you already know you are awesome :grinning: , if she doesn't like who you are than sweet you just saved yourself wasting any time. She should compliment your new life, not be your life. Mate just get out there and pretend to have some fun, who knows you might actually have some and who knows where that will lead you 8-)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in strange space myself at the moment... I'm not stressed, I'm not anxious (immediately), I'm not depressed. I am however financially completely fucked.

When I lost my last job (made redundant after months of workplace harassment and bullying, and ended up having to take legal action against my past employer), my confidence took a massive dent, and my anxiety and depression increased.

Due to working long hours and being on call, I had zero time to study and keep my skills up to date, so they lapsed. Prior to that I was a bit of a "knowing a bit of everything" IT guy, but with no formal learning in those areas apart from TAFE. I have very specific skillsets, and in those areas (or say speciality pieces of software), I'm incredibly knowledegable. I'm largely self taught and pick things up very quickly.

So I need to get my head back in the game by studying (learning things the RIGHT way), and get myself a job, but the problem is I'm "spinning the tyres in mud".

As it stands today I have < $1500 savings (with outgoings of about $300 a month - internet, insurance, phone, etc), wifes savings < $3000, rental savings account $1600. Paying $600 a week in rent from a single income of $800 and that's before anything else (food, her car parking, health insurance, power/gas bills). We can't get any government assistance as combined we earn over $900 a fortnight.

Motivation and personal drive is pretty low though because of four things:
1. Being guarded about getting hurt again. If you don't progress past Point A, you can't get hurt.
2. There is just so much I need to learn and very little time. Think of it like trying to learn 3-5 years worth of things, in a fortnight or month.
3. I've kinda fallen out of love for the passion I once had for IT. I'm at a point where I just can't "do" technical support (customer facing). On the odd time I've had to help friends or family with technical issues of late I find I have little patience when things "dont work" like they should. Rather than enjoying IT like i used to, now it's kinda just "meh".
4. Due to the last job being large periods of doing nothing (due to lack of funds/approvals/etc), I used to fill my days surfing forums, etc etc. So that's kinda become like "work" to me, and created a vicious cycle.

I can't change careers as that costs money, and realistically I need to get myself a job paying upwards of $65k as in the past I normally paid all rent, and was struggling on $60k (inc tax).

I just need to get out of being bogged, and really push on with things. I'm sure I'll get that love for IT back, and my aim is to try and get into Tech Training/L2 Support Analyst, or something like that. Away from frontline support where you are given time to get your head down into things and get to the bottom of problems. That's where I work my best (looking for 1 percenters, or needles in a haystack). As long as my minds kept active during a working day, I work well.

So yeah... not a good spot to be in, and I feel really shit putting my wife through this and the added stress. It isn't her fault, it's 100% on me. I just don't want to lose the rental we have, and need to use that as the drive to move forwards.

As hard as I try to study or work I just can't seem to focus, I've tried everything from blocking out every single distraction too playing music whilst I try to get shit done, I've tried to do the most intense workouts to the point where I physically don't have the power to get up out of my chair to get distracted, I've tried group study or connecting with more people at the office but I just can't focus with everything going on.
I know given what I've said above it doesn't really qualify me for giving advise on the exact subject you and I are both struggling with.... BUT... download an app for your phone called Breath2Relax. It guides you through breathing exercises to calm you down and really get you in a zen state. You could even try yoga, tai chi, or meditation?!?

Oh and don't worry about your ex... sounds like she was a massive attention whore and you were sadly blinded to see that.

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Bulldog_4_Life brother I know how you are feeling, been there after my relationship break up with my ex. It's a rough period that you are at right now as the break up is still pretty fresh so for you to be distracted and unable to focus on things is normal and understandable.

You have the right to feel hurt and used at this time considering how it has unfolded. From what you said you treated her well, tried to do what you could to make her happy. Give her what she wanted and needed. Treat her right. I too was like that with my ex only to eventually be stabbed in the heart. You can at least know, that you did the right things when it came to her so no blame on you.

Obviously she has changed from the person you first fell in love with. This is the hard part to get your head around because you still think of her the same way. In time you will be able to get past it. I found myself that It was more the thought of her that bothered me for sometime, but I didn't really want her back even though it's what I thought my heart wanted. She was not the same girl anymore.

As everyone kept telling me, even though at the time I couldn't picture it, time heals. It true, give it some time and you will start to come good. As I said earlier, you are just going through the normal motions of a break up. Just know the kennel family is always here to talk to.

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hang in there champ, what you are going through totally sux and i feel for ya. You have pointed out the cliché thing if you don't enjoy your own company how can anyone else? honestly mate it is true. As you mentioned, it sounds like you have totally neglected yourself and just put her needs and wants first and most likely become clingy(and all the rest) and you are using her to validate your own self worth, just know you are better than that mate. Honestly don't even go out there looking for a new chic, get out there and discover yourself, do new things, put yourself in situations you haven't been in before, along the way you will learn things about yourself that you didn't know BUT do leave yourself open to meeting new chics. When you do meet a new chic you are attracted to (and you will), reverse what you have done previously, just be yourself, you don't need her validation because you already know you are awesome :grinning: , if she doesn't like who you are than sweet you just saved yourself wasting any time. She should compliment your new life, not be your life. Mate just get out there and pretend to have some fun, who knows you might actually have some and who knows where that will lead you 8-)
Spot on advice. What you said is exactly how I was with my ex and how I am totally different and found the new me, a better version of myself.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, this song helped me out after my break up when I was upset or angry about my ex because the song describes exactly how I felt and who she really was.

It's not going to be to everybody's liking but I think the lyrics are on point.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks fella's, I've not let it get to me today, I'm trying really hard to stay positive, I gave myself the afternoon off to just regroup.

I guess I just need to let life take me for a ride.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@Bulldog_4_Life
Obviously she has changed from the person you first fell in love with. This is the hard part to get your head around because you still think of her the same way. In time you will be able to get past it. I found myself that It was more the thought of her that bothered me for sometime, but I didn't really want her back even though it's what I thought my heart wanted. She was not the same girl anymore.
This is so true. Even though my heart misses her I know deep deep down that she's not want I need.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm in strange space myself at the moment... I'm not stressed, I'm not anxious (immediately), I'm not depressed. I am however financially completely fucked.

When I lost my last job (made redundant after months of workplace harassment and bullying, and ended up having to take legal action against my past employer), my confidence took a massive dent, and my anxiety and depression increased.

Due to working long hours and being on call, I had zero time to study and keep my skills up to date, so they lapsed. Prior to that I was a bit of a "knowing a bit of everything" IT guy, but with no formal learning in those areas apart from TAFE. I have very specific skillsets, and in those areas (or say speciality pieces of software), I'm incredibly knowledegable. I'm largely self taught and pick things up very quickly.

So I need to get my head back in the game by studying (learning things the RIGHT way), and get myself a job, but the problem is I'm "spinning the tyres in mud".

As it stands today I have < $1500 savings (with outgoings of about $300 a month - internet, insurance, phone, etc), wifes savings < $3000, rental savings account $1600. Paying $600 a week in rent from a single income of $800 and that's before anything else (food, her car parking, health insurance, power/gas bills). We can't get any government assistance as combined we earn over $900 a fortnight.

Motivation and personal drive is pretty low though because of four things:
1. Being guarded about getting hurt again. If you don't progress past Point A, you can't get hurt.
2. There is just so much I need to learn and very little time. Think of it like trying to learn 3-5 years worth of things, in a fortnight or month.
3. I've kinda fallen out of love for the passion I once had for IT. I'm at a point where I just can't "do" technical support (customer facing). On the odd time I've had to help friends or family with technical issues of late I find I have little patience when things "dont work" like they should. Rather than enjoying IT like i used to, now it's kinda just "meh".
4. Due to the last job being large periods of doing nothing (due to lack of funds/approvals/etc), I used to fill my days surfing forums, etc etc. So that's kinda become like "work" to me, and created a vicious cycle.

I can't change careers as that costs money, and realistically I need to get myself a job paying upwards of $65k as in the past I normally paid all rent, and was struggling on $60k (inc tax).

I just need to get out of being bogged, and really push on with things. I'm sure I'll get that love for IT back, and my aim is to try and get into Tech Training/L2 Support Analyst, or something like that. Away from frontline support where you are given time to get your head down into things and get to the bottom of problems. That's where I work my best (looking for 1 percenters, or needles in a haystack). As long as my minds kept active during a working day, I work well.

So yeah... not a good spot to be in, and I feel really shit putting my wife through this and the added stress. It isn't her fault, it's 100% on me. I just don't want to lose the rental we have, and need to use that as the drive to move forwards.

I know given what I've said above it doesn't really qualify me for giving advise on the exact subject you and I are both struggling with.... BUT... download an app for your phone called Breath2Relax. It guides you through breathing exercises to calm you down and really get you in a zen state. You could even try yoga, tai chi, or meditation?!?

Oh and don't worry about your ex... sounds like she was a massive attention whore and you were sadly blinded to see that.
Oh mate sounds like you are going through a really tough time atm, keep ya chin up buddy. I wen't through a similar thing with the whole IT support part, i did it for 15 years and just grew to hate it in the end, i am still not really sure if it was because of my own personal situation at the time that made it worse or just dealing with some of the customers :expressionless: . In hindsight i think it was a combination of both. Best thing i ever did was get out of it, luckily i taught myself a programming language (c++) over many years and now make a living freelancing, this can be really stressful though because the work can be really up and down but overall glad i got out of IT support.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mine seems trivial reading what others are going through.

Whenever there is major news in League, Slater retiring, Gus Gould drama etc, I miss talking to my Dad about it & getting his thoughts on things.

Dad & I used to go to games all the time, but that all stopped, when he was diagnosed with MND.

I was the 'son' he never had.

League isn't the same any more, I don't watch many games these days. Used to watch every game.

I have never posted this, the reason I can't handle watching the 2015 GF is because, I wanted a GF win before my Dad died, so we could have that memory together.

But that wasn't meant to be.

I think even if my team wins another GF it won't be the same.

I know this sound weird, but I feel his presence & I still 'talk' to him.

ATM: Not in a good space.

My love to everyone that are having problems.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine seems trivial reading what others are going through.

Whenever there is major news in League, Slater retiring, Gus Gould drama etc, I miss talking to my Dad about it & getting his thoughts on things.

Dad & I used to go to games all the time, but that all stopped, when he was diagnosed with MND.

I was the 'son' he never had.

League isn't the same any more, I don't watch many games these days. Used to watch every game.

I have never posted this, the reason I can't handle watching the 2015 GF is because, I wanted a GF win before my Dad died, so we could have that memory together.

But that wasn't meant to be.

I think even if my team wins another GF it won't be the same.

I know this sound weird, but I feel his presence & I still 'talk' to him.

ATM: Not in a good space.

My love to everyone that are having problems.
Nothing weird about it. I had the same issues after both my parents passed away as well as my brother. We were all very much a league and Bulldogs family. When ever news of players coming to the dogs or things to do with the dogs in general I had them to talk to about it. After they all passed it was hard not being able to discuss things or watch games with them.

On the upside I have my kennel family to discuss these things with so that's a bonus.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks fella's, I've not let it get to me today, I'm trying really hard to stay positive, I gave myself the afternoon off to just regroup.

I guess I just need to let life take me for a ride.
Good job mate ,you will have some more rough days but good ones also do your best and keep the head up.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My turn to vent, in a **** of a mood today. If I had an AK I would make the news.

Need to snap out of it before our last training session tonight, can't talk the way I want to under 6's lol

Might have to snap the tackle bag myself tonight...