The parts of Lebanon you don't see

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Japan is on my wish list.
Malta is also on my wish list.

And Africa
Is love to see actual wild lions
Japan and Malta definitely. I'd also add Cyprus to that list.

Look I'll be honest, I like Africa and it's a place I'd really like to visit, I just have a feeling that racist tension is through the roof in some countries. A safari in South Africa though would be a great experience.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Your photos are better than the official video promoting Lebanon. Is there much tension between the religions there?
None at all, it's not like it is here at all.

Where else in the world would you see a Mosque and Church that are literally neighbours?

A

Alexander the Great

Greece sounds like a nice place to move to if your ex-bike these days.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Greece sounds like a nice place to move to if your ex-bike these days.
I've been to Greece. On the roads over there, they are very similar to way they are in many other parts of Europe - notably France, Italy, Spain - even Lebanon... they drive like maniacs, no one cares if you have a drivers license, they speed excessively, and many places that are accident hot spots aren't insured.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well that just goes to show how true my previous post is - I had no idea such a place existed there, and I've been all around the country. That's something new to add to my bucket list - thanks for bringing it to my attention brother :grinning:
yeah they are a popular tourist attraction, but if I went there my main focus would be the stones at Baalbek, Temple of Jupiter etc... some of the most amazing historical sites has Lebanon.

Wahesh

Reaction score
yeah they are a popular tourist attraction, but if I went there my main focus would be the stones at Baalbek, Temple of Jupiter etc... some of the most amazing historical sites has Lebanon.
Oh yes that's one of the biggest tourist attractions. I always go there on my trips - even though they are in a fairly remote part of the country. When you walk through the ruins of those palaces, they are so huge, you wonder just how the Phoenicians managed get them up. I mean I know they had pully systems but damn... they are HUGE.

Temple of Jupiter

Temple of Bacchus

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yes that's one of the biggest tourist attractions. I always go there on my trips - even though they are in a fairly remote part of the country. When you walk through the ruins of those palaces, they are so huge, you wonder just how the Phoenicians managed get them up. I mean I know they had pully systems but damn... they are HUGE.

Temple of Jupiter

Temple of Bacchus

Boggles the mind.
video_youtube_RNxWT5LRPrQ.jpg

Wahesh

Reaction score
Vegas and Cancun. Trust me.

Vegas, free drinks and no memory of the night before (Eddie can confirm this haha) and Cancun... got $20 in your pocket? You've just bought all of Mexico.
My cousin is doing his bucks in Vegas next year. I'd like to go to the USA but not just to see Vegas for 3 days, so I'll go to Vegas for the weekend, catch a flight back to LA, then start Contiki in LA (which ends up going through Vegas again for another 2 nights), and then travel through Route 66, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Albuquerque, Dallas, Little Rock, Memphis, New Orleans, Panama City Beach, Orlando, Miami, Daytona Beach, Kennedy Space Center, Savannah, Charleston, Richmond, DC, Phily, then finish up in the Big Apple!

Edit: found the link... https://www.contiki.com/au/en/destinations/usa-canada/tours/grand-southern-start-los-angeles-2886

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Farout. I reckon it would've taken at least 10 minutes for everyone to get on that thing and pose for that photo lol.

Amazing to think that the ancients were carting those things around.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cancun has ruined the whole world for me, so I’m letting food decide my destinations lol

Vietnam
Japan
Texas
Cancun (have to go back at least once more before I die)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cancun has ruined the whole world for me, so I’m letting food decide my destinations lol

Vietnam
Japan
Texas
Cancun (have to go back at least once more before I die)
If you go to Vietnam, take a side trip to Cambodia. Siem reap opened my eyes to how fucked up humans can be, walking overothe bones and clothes buried in the killing fields was sad andS21 prison gave a good overview ofothe attrocities committed by Pol Pot and the Khmer rouge. But the region around Angkor wat was beautiful. Just ensure you take a dump at the hotels before roaming. Still has loads of squat toilets which aren't a drawcard in my opinion. But I also enjoyed floating down the river in Laos in a tire tube. It was fun floating from beer vendor to beer vendor and getting to stop and explore some caves along the way. Vietnam was nice, but Laos and Cambodia were like stepping into the past. Recommend going from Laos--vietnam-- Cambodia.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
None at all, it's not like it is here at all.

Where else in the world would you see a Mosque and Church that are literally neighbours?

Love this...