Opinion The most URGENT fixes

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We aren’t unfit, we are just tanked from having to defend all the time due to schoolboy errors and a total inability to build momentum and pressure through repeat sets.
Lewis killed us in the first 20 poor fifth tackle options seven tackle sets etc and the whole side dropped their heads

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Averillo is ok he should be in the halves next week, ideally Cogger and Averillo give Foran a rest. If avo out Cogger should take Lewis’s spot he’s not the best and I’m definitely not a fan of him but at least Cogger won’t do the shit Lewis has been dishing up.
Averillo was a speed hump in the centres hes no where ready for the halves needs to learn at centre for now

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If Averillo is ok he should be in the halves next week, ideally Cogger and Averillo give Foran a rest. If avo out Cogger should take Lewis’s spot he’s not the best and I’m definitely not a fan of him but at least Cogger won’t do the shit Lewis has been dishing up.
Averillo was shit today before he "got injured".
Foran was one of only 3 who played ok.
Why on earth would you "rest" Foran?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting a touch up from an NRL heavyweight is never easy, all you can do is take the lesson out of the defeat and do what was done to us.
Bulldogs never quit and building quality takes time, its back to basics and working on defense, defense, defense.
Sure there's sabotage but hey, thats the cover up.
Good to see the boys keep trying despite being out gunned.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My team for next year
1. Hines
2.DWZ
3.alex Johnston
4.hoppa (captain)
5. Cotric
6.Foran
7.wakeham
8.ogden
9.katoa
10.napa
11.mariner
12.Stimson
13.thompson
14.averillo
15.jackson
16.sue
17.chris smith
Is averillo a 5/8 or not if he is needs to learn the position

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Forwards win matches and the backline determines by how much. Need some massive changes in the engine room where each forward averages 10m per hit up. Then bring in 3 quality backs (1,6,7) and problem solved!

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo was a speed hump in the centres hes no where ready for the halves needs to learn at centre for now
Averillo is not a center, I never seen Thurston play center. Could have something to do with it

Reactions: ATT

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
the urgent fix is give us the spoon and bring on 2021

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo was shit today before he "got injured".
Foran was one of only 3 who played ok.
Why on earth would you "rest" Foran?
I Agree, avo was really off today as were most of the team. He’s also playing out of position, he’s not a center. I’ve never seen Penrith play Cleary in the centers. I never seen Thurston play center. Avo needs a shot in the spine.

I’m a Foran fan, but he’s a “used to be” player, he’s busted and honestly what has he done this year, last year? What did he do that good this game? Not much imo. He’s getting paid 1.2mil apparently, he’s trying (at times) but he’s past it I think. He is not like he used to be.

It definitely doesn’t help his cause with some players consistently making errors, same players every week fumbling the ball.

It’s the perfect time to try other combos for the future.

I’m not a Cogger fan, I think he’s average but imo he offers more than Foran at the moment. Just my opinion.

Rfm, katoa played well and maybe Ogden, the rest of the team played ordinary.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He struggled aswell. But he also wasn’t isolated on the wing either.
My point is this wankfest about ave being a 1 or 6 is totally baseless hes done nothing to show that he will be good in 1st grade there yet,yes maybe in time but if he’s struggling at 3 hell be in all sorts at 1 or 6 this early in his career

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I Agree, avo was really off today as were most of the team. He’s also playing out of position, he’s not a center. I’ve never seen Penrith play Cleary in the centers. I never seen Thurston play center. Avo needs a shot in the spine.

I’m a Foran fan, but he’s a “used to be” player, he’s busted and honestly what has he done this year, last year? What did he do that good this game? Not much imo. He’s getting paid 1.2mil apparently, he’s trying (at times) but he’s past it I think. He is not like he used to be.

It definitely doesn’t help his cause with some players consistently making errors, same players every week fumbling the ball.

It’s the perfect time to try other combos for the future.

I’m not a Cogger fan, I think he’s average but imo he offers more than Foran at the moment. Just my opinion.

Rfm, katoa played well and maybe Ogden, the rest of the team played ordinary.
I thought Napa showed some good aggression in defense, but Ogden was fairly ordinary imo. He didnt really sell himself as a starting prop. Tolman offeded nothing off the bench as most would expect.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My point is this wankfest about ave being a 1 or 6 is totally baseless hes done nothing to show that he will be good in 1st grade there yet,yes maybe in time but if he’s struggling at 3 hell be in all sorts at 1 or 6 this early in his career
Not saying Averillowill be a success at 6 or 1 in first grade - but he was better in the halves than in the centres in juniors n Flegg. Most halves are targeted in defence - particularly early in their careers - Thurston n Sherwin were and improved over time - Averillo defence issues have been about decision making more than actual tackling.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe. I know what your saying, but a young fella playing out of position is doing more harm than good in my opinion. At the end of the day we are dead last and what we’re doing isn’t working so what’s the harm in trying different things.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe. I know what your saying, but a young fella playing out of position is doing more harm than good in my opinion. At the end of the day we are dead last and what we’re doing isn’t working so what’s the harm in trying different things.
Your saying hes out of position doesn’t mean he is ,hes young so my view is putting him at 1 or 6 will do him more harm whats the rush let him learn ,get experience etc