Opinion The most URGENT fixes

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So embarrassing seeing us struggle out of own end and get outmuscled

Remember the days of Kas and Franky when sides actually feared our pack

Kefs!
I think the days of Asotasi, O'Meley, Mason, Ryan and SBW were properly "dogs of war"

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree Katoa far better than JMK

JMK actually found himself in space today and literally fell over himself

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Averillo is ok he should be in the halves next week, ideally Cogger and Averillo give Foran a rest. If avo out Cogger should take Lewis’s spot he’s not the best and I’m definitely not a fan of him but at least Cogger won’t do the shit Lewis has been dishing up.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"There are players busting their gut every game only to see these plodders hand the game away on a silver platter".

This ^^

Our team just can't keep carrying this level of mistake riddled players.

Montoya
Lewis
Tolman

Must be dropped next week for a start.

Swap Thommo with JJ...give that a go or else drop Jacko as well as hard to say that as it is :(

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the days of Asotasi, O'Meley, Mason, Ryan and SBW were properly "dogs of war"
How good was it! They’d hit hard and offload, someone was always running support on them.

Now they turn their back on whoever has the ball, how many times current players look to offload (not many) but when they do no one is there, or facing away

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How good was it! They’d hit hard and offload, someone was always running support on them.

Now they turn their back on whoever has the ball, how many times current players look to offload (not many) but when they do no one is there, or facing away
Those days of the dogs of war seem like another lifetime ago

Today we are the dogs of flaws

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My team for next year
1. Hines
2.DWZ
3.alex Johnston
4.hoppa (captain)
5. Cotric
6.Foran
7.wakeham
8.ogden
9.katoa
10.napa
11.mariner
12.Stimson
13.thompson
14.averillo
15.jackson
16.sue
17.chris smith
So our star centre recruit will play on the wing? And johnston, an out and out winger will play in the centres? Granted, jackson has been terrible, but you want to replace him with stimson? Hahaha classic.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's so much work to do. It's rebuild 2.0, I'm not expecting anything spectacular again next year.

I don't think Katoa is the answer at 9. Meaney isn't the answer at fullback, Hoppa doesn't have the pace. We either need to play Averillo in the halves and experience more pain while he develops or look for another half.

As a very long term supporter it's sad to see us as a team people feel sorry for like South's in days gone by or the tigers.
As a long time supporter this is by far the worst Bulldog Team I've ever seen, I'm sure that Thompson is probably wandering what the hell he's got himself into & Cotric is probably hoping that there's a cooling of period in his contract, Bellemy is probably relieved that he did not accept the coaching position, Barrett must be shitting himself thinking what have I done, and the new sponsors are possible looking for a way out. We seem to have the smallest, slowest most unfit forwards in the league we are absolutely spineless and the slowest, worst ball playing back line in this NRL comp, While most teams seem to have enough players to fill two first grade teams we have nothing in our reserves, What a disgrace it is that the top teams don't even take us seriously and rest their top players and still thrash us with their reserve grade teams. and still we hear nothing not glimpse of hope from our illustrious board about any new acquisitions to get us out of this bloody mess . Could it be that maybe we are not as cashed up as what they've been tell us? because by the time we start to seriously recruit there will be no one left. I think we are going to be stuck in this mess for a very long time. I hope I'm wrong.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"There are players busting their gut every game only to see these plodders hand the game away on a silver platter".

This ^^

Our team just can't keep carrying this level of mistake riddled players.

Montoya
Lewis
Tolman

Must be dropped next week for a start.

Swap Thommo with JJ...give that a go or else drop Jacko as well as hard to say that as it is :(
SJ definitely needs to swap JJ with Thompson, and play Thompson 8 or 10.
As for our back 5 for the rest of the year with what is available, it should be 1 Meany, 2 DWZ, 3 Hoppa, 4 Lafai, 5 Smith, I would have Averillo @ 6 and Cogger @7.
Not that he was great but I thought that Napa had his best game for the year.
What concerns me most is that we all thought that this was going to be the last year paying players who aren't contributing however we will still be paying players who are not earning their pay cheques in 21 @ 22.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
SJ definitely needs to swap JJ with Thompson, and play Thompson 8 or 10.
As for our back 5 for the rest of the year with what is available, it should be 1 Meany, 2 DWZ, 3 Hoppa, 4 Lafai, 5 Smith, I would have Averillo @ 6 and Cogger @7.
Not that he was great but I thought that Napa had his best game for the year.
What concerns me most is that we all thought that this was going to be the last year paying players who aren't contributing however we will still be paying players who are not earning their pay cheques in 21 @ 22.
Yes that's kinda the worst part about our downfall. Still got so many passengers.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a long time supporter this is by far the worst Bulldog Team I've ever seen, I'm sure that Thompson is probably wandering what the hell he's got himself into & Cotric is probably hoping that there's a cooling of period in his contract, Bellemy is probably relieved that he did not accept the coaching position, Barrett must be shitting himself thinking what have I done, and the new sponsors are possible looking for a way out. We seem to have the smallest, slowest most unfit forwards in the league we are absolutely spineless and the slowest, worst ball playing back line in this NRL comp, While most teams seem to have enough players to fill two first grade teams we have nothing in our reserves, What a disgrace it is that the top teams don't even take us seriously and rest their top players and still thrash us with their reserve grade teams. and still we hear nothing not glimpse of hope from our illustrious board about any new acquisitions to get us out of this bloody mess . Could it be that maybe we are not as cashed up as what they've been tell us? because by the time we start to seriously recruit there will be no one left. I think we are going to be stuck in this mess for a very long time. I hope I'm wrong.
I agree. I believe. Like many have said our team. Has under Des learnt manly ways. No big meter players. Or they would have one max. We are the same. We play percentage meter gains for stats. Nothing more. No impact no run off back fence like big Kas. Then no running in twos as offloads although crest opportunity create drop ball and bad stats. We need a overhaul start with Mongrel props not best freind Tols. He is a good club man but it’s time to walk

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree. I believe. Like many have said our team. Has under Des learnt manly ways. No big meter players. Or they would have one max. We are the same. We play percentage meter gains for stats. Nothing more. No impact no run off back fence like big Kas. Then no running in twos as offloads although crest opportunity create drop ball and bad stats. We need a overhaul start with Mongrel props not best freind Tols. He is a good club man but it’s time to walk
One of the most deflating feelings is watching opposition sides effortlessly bang out a 55-60m set v us

Then we struggle for every inch and make 15m like today or on average 30m

We lack punch up via middle third

Actually need a TPJ like player next season

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get a spine and a front rower who can actually bend the line. As someone mentioned, this is not going to happen overnight, too much deadwood to get rid of to elsewhere.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt TBaz has his work cut out to turn us into at least a respectable side in 2021, quite frankly being nailed to the bottom of the ladder for such a proud club is embarrassing and simply unacceptable

Whilst, we have had a shit coach in recent years with a so so roster ..the most annoying thing for me has been areas such as our fitness ie not pushing up in support and line speed on D.

Guys like Foz and JJ two experienced campaigners always look out on their feet

We are weak as well which is ruthlessly highlighted by the metres we give up per set to opposition (plus inanity stop offloads) and more embarrassing is we struggle to make meters from own half

(There was one time second half we made 14m and only a penalty on the last saved our blushes)

We absolutely need an overhaul of our coaching system and the head trainer /conditioning guy gone !

When you lack class and X factors you can always work harder on things we can control like strength and conditioning

In terms of retention and recruitment
Get rid of everyone off contract bar Foran (basic/small contract) and Hoppa

We lack express pace in the back 5 so need another speedster to go with Cotric signing

I would be happy to persist with Katoa at 9 ...give him a full season and the fact he’s worked with Baz before helps too

We need another aggressive prop and or backrower and need a genuine 7 with a kicking game and ability to create points

More importantly we need a fkn system that has to be developed so we can sustain success and I think Baz gives us that

Fk it has been some lean years

Tide must be turning .....
Agree with most of this however we deffo need a 9, Katoa is a good bench hooker, but il sick of us just having an “okay” 9, lets splash alot of money on a top class one and set us up in that position for the next couple years, 1,6,7,9 are such key positions and in every position we just arent good enough, they need to be the positions our team is built around

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Yeh true so let me just repeat for the last time

Lachlan lewis is fucking shit and I hope he never ever smears our jersey with his vile diarrhoea bad smell shit ever again
Yah whine about me saying shit to people..

person defends lewis gets called a lewis lover ? your just asking for it bitch .... run along

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yah whine about me saying shit to people..

person defends lewis gets called a lewis lover ? your just asking for it bitch .... run along
Ill leave you alone you poor thing. Must suck after abusing people over and over again, only to find out how terribly wrong you were