Opinion The most URGENT fixes

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the most deflating feelings is watching opposition sides effortlessly bang out a 55-60m set v us

Then we struggle for every inch and make 15m like today or on average 30mj

We lack punch up via middle third

Actually need a TPJ like player next season
100% agree. My three would be Hetherington, TPJ and Jordan McLean. Then add if any thing left Asiata. It would fix the pack with our hooker starting being Katoa. Then place Napa on bench. Leaving bench of Ogden also. Back row Mariner and Jackson. Let Tolman and Elliot go to make it happen. Set Foran price at 350. And we have the money. Fill the rest forward spots with young talent comming through. And our pack has fear in it again.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some are short term some longer term.
Strength n conditioning overhaul in the preseason.
Try to move on as many plodders as possible, encourage them to go to esl asap, apart from maybe Elliott n foran no one off contract needs to be considered, others like meany dwz Lewis , get into their ears about esl.
No panic signings
Play wakeham instead of Lewis or when hoppa is back play him at 6.
Play lafai in back row, Jackson middle n Tolman dropped.
Start giving Doorey n Topine n schoup some game time.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt TBaz has his work cut out to turn us into at least a respectable side in 2021, quite frankly being nailed to the bottom of the ladder for such a proud club is embarrassing and simply unacceptable

Whilst, we have had a shit coach in recent years with a so so roster ..the most annoying thing for me has been areas such as our fitness ie not pushing up in support and line speed on D.

Guys like Foz and JJ two experienced campaigners always look out on their feet

We are weak as well which is ruthlessly highlighted by the metres we give up per set to opposition (plus inanity stop offloads) and more embarrassing is we struggle to make meters from own half

(There was one time second half we made 14m and only a penalty on the last saved our blushes)

We absolutely need an overhaul of our coaching system and the head trainer /conditioning guy gone !

When you lack class and X factors you can always work harder on things we can control like strength and conditioning

In terms of retention and recruitment
Get rid of everyone off contract bar Foran (basic/small contract) and Hoppa

We lack express pace in the back 5 so need another speedster to go with Cotric signing

I would be happy to persist with Katoa at 9 ...give him a full season and the fact he’s worked with Baz before helps too

We need another aggressive prop and or backrower and need a genuine 7 with a kicking game and ability to create points

More importantly we need a fkn system that has to be developed so we can sustain success and I think Baz gives us that

Fk it has been some lean years

Tide must be turning .....
Quite a few people would agree with your summation of our problems,Trent Barrett has a good football brains,but he needs a good clean out,there is plenty of players out there,in the 300 to 400k range,that would at least have a dig,Montoya reimes Smith,jmk,tolman,meaney,dwz,just not even close to first grade standard

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So embarrassing seeing us struggle out of own end and get outmuscled

Remember the days of Kas and Franky when sides actually feared our pack

Kefs!
We miss the Kasiano charges big time! He used to get our sets off to a massive start then Cranky Frankie which allowed them Graham to run at a defence bag pedaling. Tolmans career numbers are inflated due to these players. Napa doesn’t bend the line. I thought Klemmer didn’t try for us I know Napa doesn’t

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="KiwiDog7, post: 3806861, member: 2297

We lack express pace in the back 5 so need another speedster to go with Cotric signing.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

We need speed in the back 5 and we keep Hoppa.
isnt that an oxymoran?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We miss the Kasiano charges big time! He used to get our sets off to a massive start then Cranky Frankie which allowed them Graham to run at a defence bag pedaling. Tolmans career numbers are inflated due to these players. Napa doesn’t bend the line. I thought Klemmer didn’t try for us I know Napa doesn’t
That’s true with Tols taking those soft carries/stat hit ups

Napa probably played one of his best games for us today at least tried to Putin some shots

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Sack tolman and never let this useless glory hog shit ever play for our team again

2. Sack lewis and never let this useless glory hog shit who loves himself and thinks he's gods gift to league ever play for our team again

3. Play kotoa at hooker for 80 minutes week in week out

Theres your 3 urgent fixes that we can do immediately for next week
Add sack Foran.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
[QUOTE="KiwiDog7, post: 3806861, member: 2297

We lack express pace in the back 5 so need another speedster to go with Cotric signing.

We need speed in the back 5 and we keep Hoppa.
isnt that an oxymoran?
I know you hate the guy with a passion but specifically need speed 1,2 and 5

Cotric will play one edge (speed) and Hoppa one of the best quick hands in the game can slot in other centre

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s no doubt we have to get rid of Tolman, he’s gotta go. Napa has to go, replace those two, then get a Proven FB, Half, and then Baz will have to work his magic with who is kept. It’s all in his hands and I’m sure right now he is making the decisions.!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s no doubt we have to get rid of Tolman, he’s gotta go. Napa has to go, replace those two, then get a Proven FB, Half, and then Baz will have to work his magic with who is kept. It’s all in his hands and I’m sure right now he is making the decisions.!!
Tolman straight up played like a sook

That kick return off the line drop out and he casually picks up the ball and jogs it back only to be stripped

Fk me

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We will never have the vest backs or halves untill we get go forward. Look at top 4. Eels, Roosters, Melbourne and Penrith. With our forwards including there bench. How many of our forwards push there guys out starting? There is you answer if honest with youself. No half can do it behind a crap pack. Our pack needs a overhaul then look at backs and halves

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Ill leave you alone you poor thing. Must suck after abusing people over and over again, only to find out how terribly wrong you were
I called you captain dickhead once ago aye ??
After you said I know nothing abusing me first really

I gave you credit teasing by kennel nickname

Now your just a dickhead

Run along to the kiddy lewy thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I called you captain dickhead once ago aye ??
After you said I know nothing abusing me first really

I gave you credit teasing by kennel nickname

Now your just a dickhead

Run along to the kiddy lewy thread
Normal salt or chicken salt?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We will never have the vest backs or halves untill we get go forward. Look at top 4. Eels, Roosters, Melbourne and Penrith. With our forwards including there bench. How many of our forwards push there guys out starting? There is you answer if honest with youself. No half can do it behind a crap pack. Our pack needs a overhaul then look at backs and halves
With what is available atm, that might be our best option.

Improve the forward pack for 2021 and when the rest of our reservegrade firstgraders come off contract end 2021 then we might be able to take care of the spine.

Be hard to say we will be anything like Top 8 next year anyway so a slow, quality rebuild is prob more realistic.

There's no way even Bellamy could rid this team of Desball, Payball and the loser, no confidence attitude they play with in only 1 year.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need forwards. Not want be forwards. We need to stop spending on what we got and expect a different result. 4 forwards. Will change the team. Could get by with three. Stop buying inferior forwards example Britt offers nothing. If we have money front load contracts. Increasing spending capacity later. With halves. If you have a game manager limited excelration you need a partner quick on feet to capitalise on opportunity. Big tall strong centres. One extremely fast winger. One massive strong ball carrying other winger for strong carries and kicks. Fullback needs extreme pace and nimble on feet. How many of our team posses that? The ones that don’t change. Tolman first unfortunately as a good club man.