Opinion The most URGENT fixes

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No doubt TBaz has his work cut out to turn us into at least a respectable side in 2021, quite frankly being nailed to the bottom of the ladder for such a proud club is embarrassing and simply unacceptable

Whilst, we have had a shit coach in recent years with a so so roster ..the most annoying thing for me has been areas such as our fitness ie not pushing up in support and line speed on D.

Guys like Foz and JJ two experienced campaigners always look out on their feet

We are weak as well which is ruthlessly highlighted by the metres we give up per set to opposition (plus inanity stop offloads) and more embarrassing is we struggle to make meters from own half

(There was one time second half we made 14m and only a penalty on the last saved our blushes)

We absolutely need an overhaul of our coaching system and the head trainer /conditioning guy gone !

When you lack class and X factors you can always work harder on things we can control like strength and conditioning

In terms of retention and recruitment
Get rid of everyone off contract bar Foran (basic/small contract) and Hoppa

We lack express pace in the back 5 so need another speedster to go with Cotric signing

I would be happy to persist with Katoa at 9 ...give him a full season and the fact he’s worked with Baz before helps too

We need another aggressive prop and or backrower and need a genuine 7 with a kicking game and ability to create points

More importantly we need a fkn system that has to be developed so we can sustain success and I think Baz gives us that

Fk it has been some lean years

Tide must be turning .....

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Sack tolman and never let this useless glory hog shit ever play for our team again

2. Sack lewis and never let this useless glory hog shit who loves himself and thinks he's gods gift to league ever play for our team again

3. Play kotoa at hooker for 80 minutes week in week out

Theres your 3 urgent fixes that we can do immediately for next week

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have to take some hard decisions, and let go of our older players. I can't think of any who are contributing positively to the team at present.
It is frustrating watching experienced players make the most basic mistakes game after game, and only get in the way of the attack.

Katoa showed promise, and we could build a team around him and Foran.
Lewis is a loose cannon, and costs us too much to carry him.
Tolman is finished, and should not get a contract renewal.
Laffai is not fitting in. We should let him go, and find a younger centre whose mind doesn't go wandering at crucial stages of the game.
Jackson needs a kick up the backside, or shown the door.
There are players busting their gut every game only to see these plodders hand the game away on a silver platter.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's so much work to do. It's rebuild 2.0, I'm not expecting anything spectacular again next year.

I don't think Katoa is the answer at 9. Meaney isn't the answer at fullback, Hoppa doesn't have the pace. We either need to play Averillo in the halves and experience more pain while he develops or look for another half.

As a very long term supporter it's sad to see us as a team people feel sorry for like South's in days gone by or the tigers.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No doubt TBaz has his work cut out to turn us into at least a respectable side in 2021, quite frankly being nailed to the bottom of the ladder for such a proud club is embarrassing and simply unacceptable

Whilst, we have had a shit coach in recent years with a so so roster ..the most annoying thing for me has been areas such as our fitness ie not pushing up in support and line speed on D.

Guys like Foz and JJ two experienced campaigners always look out on their feet

We are weak as well which is ruthlessly highlighted by the metres we give up per set to opposition (plus inanity stop offloads) and more embarrassing is we struggle to make meters from own half

(There was one time second half we made 14m and only a penalty on the last saved our blushes)

We absolutely need an overhaul of our coaching system and the head trainer /conditioning guy gone !

When you lack class and X factors you can always work harder on things we can control like strength and conditioning

In terms of retention and recruitment
Get rid of everyone off contract bar Foran (basic/small contract) and Hoppa

We lack express pace in the back 5 so need another speedster to go with Cotric signing

I would be happy to persist with Katoa at 9 ...give him a full season and the fact he’s worked with Baz before helps too

We need another aggressive prop and or backrower and need a genuine 7 with a kicking game and ability to create points

More importantly we need a fkn system that has to be developed so we can sustain success and I think Baz gives us that

Fk it has been some lean years

Tide must be turning .....
My team for next year
1. Hines
2.DWZ
3.alex Johnston
4.hoppa (captain)
5. Cotric
6.Foran
7.wakeham
8.ogden
9.katoa
10.napa
11.mariner
12.Stimson
13.thompson
14.averillo
15.jackson
16.sue
17.chris smith

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
We aren’t unfit, we are just tanked from having to defend all the time due to schoolboy errors and a total inability to build momentum and pressure through repeat sets.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
If they can step up and if ... Topine can be added to top 30 he can move to 12 or Doorey can play there

... Jackson to Lock

One of the changes

indmand0707

Waterboy
Reaction score
Katoa has shown more in 3 games than JMK has in 3 years.
Jackson is a middle forward. Never to see an edge again.
Tolman either plays like Grimaldi did years ago - that is just defend and never touch the ball out attaching half, or he can F off.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
My team for next year
1. Hines
2.DWZ
3.alex Johnston
4.hoppa (captain)
5. Cotric
6.Foran
7.wakeham
8.ogden
9.katoa
10.napa
11.mariner
12.Stimson
13.thompson
14.averillo
15.jackson
16.sue
17.chris smith
We need to improve not implode

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My most urgent fix is... sack tolman, play thomson at prop and bring renouf into lock.. and replace lewis with anyone... id give cogger a shot..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If they can step up and if ... Topine can be added to top 30 he can move to 12 or Doorey can play there

... Jackson to Lock

One of the changes

Im surprised you're not abusing everyone who is saying lewis is fucking shit and should never play for us again

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My team for next year
1. Hines
2.DWZ
3.alex Johnston
4.hoppa (captain)
5. Cotric
6.Foran
7.wakeham
8.ogden
9.katoa
10.napa
11.mariner
12.Stimson
13.thompson
14.averillo
15.jackson
16.sue
17.chris smith
What makes you think Alex Johnston is a centre ?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Katoa has shown more in 3 games than JMK has in 3 years.
Its amazing how pay never even bothered with kotoa and brought jmk immediately back in at round 1 even though jmk only just came back from injury

And then to have morons like Paul kent defend pay because we wouldn't extend his contract.

The vast difference between kotoas performance and jmks best performance over 3 years is evidence enough pay was clueless and needed to go