The Mole: Klemmer eyeing club change and Bulldogs may fit bill (and Vaughan news)

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods huge No! Don’t know why we signed him before so don’t know why we would make same mistake twice??
Klemmer I only remember one game as a standout from him (v Melbourne) when he ran from the back fence….. he never did it again. He didn’t like having an old bulldogs player allegedly tell him he didn’t try in club games and saved himself for rep games… So what does he do now? No for him also. No offload no ball skills and as stated before so slow in post contact that the defence gets back and sets for next tackle quickly

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you take out the amount of tax Klemmer would get on that $800k plus missing out on rep match payments he wouldn’t be that much better off financially at the Knights. It’s such a shame it didn’t work out for Klem isn’t it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He can stay there and play Reggies. Left our club on the enticement of his good mate Mitchell Pearce for a better life and career so David you are very welcome to it.

You know that saying "The grass is always greener"?

Definition: When someone is not satisfied with their own lot in life and always assumes that there are better things in other places. This idiom encapsulates the human quality of always wanting something different than what you have.
Perhaps he should have thought that one out a bit better and maybe just suck it up....

Shootermc

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sign Klemmer”s missus she has bigger balls then him, games to fast for poor Klem now

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would like the club to pursue Taylor if it is possible financially with our cap. If he comes and he fires he would make a great combo with Burton. If he holds his own it will allow Burton to at least play his natural game. If he is average Burton can carry him at least? I think on 300-400 it's worth the risk but we'd have to unload Flanagan and Wakeham.
Mate if we could unload Flanagan and Wakeham I'd be all for it.... I'd even prefer to release both them and keep Lewis.... Although there is a bigger picture and I wouldn't Wana be blocking Baileys path atm.... Think the guy has more potential than all them 4 mentioned.....

Reactions: DT

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer went backwards as soon as Des coached the offload out of him. From there his impact on a game turned into stats only. As much as it pains me to say I would rather have Tolman back than Klemmer

Reactions: DT

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suspect hes on more than $800k as well tbh was on $700k ish with us no manager fees couldn’t wait to break the contract lots of talk back then over $900k no thanks traitor

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I suspect hes on more than $800k as well tbh was on $700k ish with us no manager fees couldn’t wait to break the contract lots of talk back then over $900k no thanks traitor
It'd be for half price, similar to Vaughan (Knights chipping in, I guess could say similar to Lodge). If the choice is Klemmer or Vaughan there isn't much between them imo.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Vaughan for tree fiddy a year or Klemmer for 500 a year(if lucky)

You cant have both. not if you want a hooker above 150k.

Pick one or the other.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klemmer went backwards as soon as Des coached the offload out of him. From there his impact on a game turned into stats only. As much as it pains me to say I would rather have Tolman back than Klemmer
On the fourth??????? Well at least Tolman does something, anything, even if it is only on the fourth..........Klemmer only does what Chloe tells him to these days....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the signing of Gus finaly tipped scale in our favor and I reckon alot of players will now want to come to the Bulldogs.

Take out all emotions and look at it from a pure football perspective.

Klemmer is not happy on the Knights and in no postion to command big dollars given his form. He would have to take a significant pay cut on a minimum 2 year deal. Say 300k and comes off the bench. Still a big body and better than Hetherington and Napa.
i dont think its realistic he takes a half a mil paycut a year voluntarily.