The Mole: Klemmer eyeing club change and Bulldogs may fit bill (and Vaughan news)

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd take him at 400 if knights were willing to pay half. He's better than Atoni, Ogden. Considering Hetherington and TPJ will be suspended at different times throughout the season it would make our front row depth pretty strong. While I think Atoni and Ogden have upside I think it's more wishful thinking than reality. They have both been disappointing with the chances they have had. If they were asking for 350 I'd rather pay the extra 50 for Klemmer.

If comes back with his tail between his legs and finds the form that made him a rep player on half of what we were willing to pay him before he left than its not a bad business decision.

8. Vaughan
9.Jmk/BBO
10. Klemmer
11.TPJ
12.Jackson
13.Thompson

14.Jmk/BBO
15.Ava
16.Elliot
17.Hetherington

Considering the new backline. That pack doesn't look half bad. Much stronger than years past.

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only person we add to the pack is either Smith or Grant , even if it’s for 23

Thompson
Smith
Vaughan
TPJ
Hethrington
Jackson

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I thought he was moving to Newcastle on compassionate grounds? Why would sitting on the bench change his families need for... family? On a side note, i wonder if he's a relative of dominic toretto? #family
Can go back to Sydney and not have to worry about his family due to the covid bubble that will last for ages lol

Die For The Badge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The club won't take him back. His days are over and the game has changed compared to when he was "good". We need agile mobile players now as the 6 again rules are killing us. Plus he left the club to make his wife happy

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
No way can this be allowed to happen. This is the bloke who told us of his Mark O’Meley doona cover, of his love for the club, who was so good he started for NSW… And didn’t we just love him playing for us. But then, when he found out he could make more (at the time was making 200k less than Greg Eastwood) he threw his toys out of the pram and agitated for a move. Fair play that James Graham and Grubby got moved on and he felt disillusioned with the club’s direction, and he wanted more money, but whe way he did it was gross. We were at our lowest ebb and he bounced. Heroes don’t do that.

send Klemmer to hell where he belongs
&
all Hail Josh Jackson

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Player ability he is better than all FRFs at our club right now.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Klemmer was a junior here he had so much promise & I was so excited when he got rookie of the year. Then Des got to him & he stopped offloading. He has never rectified that part of his game plus he has now gone into his comfort zone & doesn't do the 1%'s anymore. I don't even think he has decent post contact meters. Add to that he is a prickly character off the paddock who left us because we were struggling and had a hand in 2 coaches being sacked and I am voting a massive no.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Klemmer closed the door when he abandoned us, and left with a bitter spray at the Dogs.
He does not deserve a place in our squad, when we are looking for players who can bring fresh energy into a lethargic team of forwards.
We don't need a has been on big money who can't get a spot in a side like the Knights.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'd be for half price, similar to Vaughan (Knights chipping in, I guess could say similar to Lodge). If the choice is Klemmer or Vaughan there isn't much between them imo.
Lets hope thats not the only choices...id say a big no to both but would have Vaughan over Klemmer for sure....Klemmer would never go back anyway and im pretty sure we wouldnt want him atvall

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if Knights big bopper David Klemmer looks for a change of clubs over the summer.

Klemmer has two years to go at the Knights on around $800,000 a season but the former NSW Origin and Test prop isn't happy that he has been named on the bench in recent weeks.

With the Saifiti twins signing long term deals last week and coach Adam O'Brien starting the pair to good effect against the Cowboys a few weeks back, Klemmer feels on the outer.

The tough prop actually started against the Storm last weekend when Daniel Saifiti pulled out but had an unhappy night, making just four runs for 32 metres before a concussion forced him from the field.

Several clubs would be interested in the aggressive middle man, not the least his former club Canterbury, who are desperate for more grunt up front.

Newcastle's David Klemmer could be on the move for the 2022 NRL season. (Getty)SHARKS, RAIDERS COULD GIVE BROOKS FRESH START
If there's one player in the NRL that could benefit with a sea change in 2022, it's Luke Brooks.

The talented halfback was touted as the next big thing when he burst into the top grade at the Tigers as a teenager in 2013.

He was named Dally M Halfback of the Year in 2018 but his career has plateaued since then.

With Jackson Hastings joining the Tigers next season and Adam Doueihi finding his feet at five-eighth, Brooks could be squeezed out of the top side.

But at 26, he still has plenty to offer and I've heard that both Cronulla and Canberra have shown some interest in his services.

Only yesterday, it was revealed that the Tigers are shopping Brooks around so it appears just a question of where he will land in 2022.

Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks. (Getty)ENGLAND MAY BE TAYLOR'S ONLY OPTION
Rival NRL clubs are shying away from Ash Taylor and it now appears the Titans' million-dollar man may have to go to England to save his career.

Taylor has been a bitter disappointment at the club over the last couple of seasons after signing for massive money from the Broncos three years ago.

Despite the fact that several clubs are desperate for a class No.7, Taylor has shown little to attract any offers.

He is off-contract at the Titans, who have extended Jamal Fogarty and promising youngster Toby Sexton in recent times.

While Sexton is untested at the top level, he appears the man destined to wear the No.7 jumper on the Goldy next season - at a significantly cheaper price than Taylor, who has had issues on and off the field.

Taylor has talent on his day, and at 26, still has time to rebuild his form and confidence in England for a couple of seasons before a possible return to the NRL.

Ash Taylor of the Titans. (Getty)BULLDOGS' INSIDE RUNNING FOR VAUGHAN SIGNING
The Bulldogs have an ace up their sleeve in the race to sign former Dragons bad boy Paul Vaughan.

Several clubs are chasing Vaughan after he was sacked by the Dragons for THAT now infamous barbecue.

But Canterbury has an edge in assistant coach David Furner.

It was Furner who handed the 30-year-old forward his debut in the NRL at Canberra in 2013, with Vaughan going on to be named the Raiders' Rookie of the Year.

The pair have maintained a close relationship and the Bulldogs are certain to use that as they attempt to lure Vaughan to Belmore.

Having signed several top-notch backs for next season, the Bulldogs now need a couple of experienced forwards and Vaughan would fit the bill nicely.

For a daily dose of the best of the breaking news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports, subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here!
Yeah right we want Klemmer back bahaha

Hope nobody is interested in him so that
1 He's stuck in Newcastle on the bench
2 He continues to chew up $800k of the Knights' cap
3 Khloe is stuck in Newcastle with a husband who plays on the bench or in reserve grade