The Mole: Klemmer eyeing club change and Bulldogs may fit bill (and Vaughan news)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nice.

But no to sour tart Klemmer, his numbers are great and all, but they don't make up for his negative effect on the team. Newcastle wanted him so badly, they can deal with it.
They can deal with it by paying half his contract and shipping him back to us. Makes me shudder thinking Hetherington will be playing for us next season earning close to 450k.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the signing of Gus finaly tipped scale in our favor and I reckon alot of players will now want to come to the Bulldogs.

Take out all emotions and look at it from a pure football perspective.

Klemmer is not happy on the Knights and in no postion to command big dollars given his form. He would have to take a significant pay cut on a minimum 2 year deal. Say 300k and comes off the bench. Still a big body and better than Hetherington and Napa.
I think if he came to us he would be nother Napa.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was sick of Klemmer before he left. He always played aggressive footy on the rep stage but never bought it back to club football. Seems that for the last few years he's become a massive sook about the fact that he's been found lacking and ohhrts have surpassed him.

I don't really want him back. Still an NRL quality prop. But he's not rep quality these days and doesn't deserve the money he's on. And if he did happen to return to form in our roster on a reduced contract, the question of whether he'd then start shopping himself around for big money again would make me uneasy.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They can deal with it by paying half his contract and shipping him back to us. Makes me shudder thinking Hetherington will be playing for us next season earning close to 450k.
I fear that the level of toxicity that he brings would mean Newcastle would probably jump at paying half freight. The bloke couldn't calm the farm in order to stay in the NSW Origin team, no one at the club is going to be able to manage him. He was tolerable and somewhat manageable as a youngster with blokes like Bupa telling him to keep his head down. These days he sees himself as a senior player. While he is at a club, that club isn't going to make a GF, let alone win one, even if he is doing 300m a week.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I fear that the level of toxicity that he brings would mean Newcastle would probably jump at paying half freight. The bloke couldn't calm the farm in order to stay in the NSW Origin team, no one at the club is going to be able to manage him. He was tolerable and somewhat manageable as a youngster with blokes like Bupa telling him to keep his head down. These days he sees himself as a senior player. While he is at a club, that club isn't going to make a GF, let alone win one, even if he is doing 300m a week.
I don't agree.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$800k to play off the bench , and he’s complaining, its like getting paid $120 an hour to sell tickets at the movies.i dont think he has played any rep footy since he left us either.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Traitor, no good for team morale (he's a f..king sulk) plus overrated / would be looking to be overpaid again. I wouldn't pay him half (400K) of what he's on (800K) and he wouldn't accept any less than 600K probably.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We only have 3 props on contract next year. You need 6 in the top 30. Hopefully Vaughan is 4th . We still need 2. If Woods or Klemmer come cheap I’m ok with it despite their history. We have made offers to Atoni and Ogden and they want more. Patalo is way short of NRL standard yet. Other options if our top 4 get injured .RFM or Pangai if he officially signs or Stimpson. That’s why Vaughan is a must at this stage. I don’t care about his misdemeanours as long as we win some games. You can put a lot of the 6 again calls against us because we have no go forward and are constantly on the back foot trying to slow down the ruck.
A powerful forward pack should ease tis problem. Instead of constantly working off our goal line we may start putting in some attacking kicks.

As we all know 2 more front rowers and offer Elliott up as a lock to Melbourne in a swap for the Cheese. There is no excuses about not having the cattle next year. It falls squarely on the shoulders of Baz and the players now.

Gizmo

Hero's r Zero's
Reaction score
I'd be happy to have Klemmer back if a good part of it is subsidised by the knights.
Klemmer is a bulldog at heart and I think any of us would have been disillusioned by the club under the same circumstances, which saw the club move on players like James Graham and Josh Reynolds who were the heart of the club at the time.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck Klemmer. He isn’t even a top 10 prop in today’s game.
Walked out on the club to play “finals footy”. Left us high and dry. And now when things start to turn he wants back in?

Hope The club doesn’t sign him. You get what you give klem boy. Your mrs will be pissed off once your current deal is done and you can’t bring the big bucks home anymore.

If he stayed at the dogs he would have been a 12 year player just like Jackson. Regardless of form. Sucked in chasing the money big boy. You should have learnt to offload when you were told 8-9 years ago.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I tried fucking the ground once, ends up that rabbits attack small snakes if they try to invade their burrow.
I have this as post of the week..only because Mutt's Hetho digs are getting old after just reading the 855th jibe in this thread lol..

As for Klemmer back to the Dogs fkn LOL
Stay where you are and keep raking in that cash your no longer worth ya pussywhipped motherfucker.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Walked out on the club to play “finals footy”. Left us high and dry. And now when things start to turn he wants back in?

Hope The club doesn’t sign him. You get what you give klem boy. Your mrs will be pissed off once your current deal is done and you can’t bring the big bucks home anymore.

If he stayed at the dogs he would have been a 12 year player just like Jackson. Regardless of form. Sucked in chasing the money big boy. You should have learnt to offload when you were told 8-9 years ago.
It's amazing how many good players turn to crap by chasing big money at other clubs. Maybe it's not the club he needs to change but his wife.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Klemmer can come back of he takes a fat pay cut and admits that his missus had his nuts and he shouldn't have left

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klem can go eat a big fat one. The prick wanted out at a time we were struggling so he can fuck right off if he thinks he can come back here now that the tides are changing and our club is about to rise from the ashes.
The very fact that he is salty for being benched, and is said to be pushing for a release, or at least agitating, speaks volumes for his lack of character!