News The Mole: Father's ploy to lure disgruntled Bulldogs playmaker Kyle Flanagan to rival club

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the first time you have mentioned nepotism in junior cricket!

let me take a wild guess - Georges River junior association!
Yes that’s correct Michael. Play there until i was 25 and then went to the Bankstown Association. Both as bad as each other. Some fathers just should not get involved in their kids sport.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Meh, off contract next year..who cares where he goes!

Would be nice to send a dud back Manly's way though. Ohh Harper lol

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Define parody :grinning: but there's still a few to clean out. When/if that happens will be the first time for 10 years that we haven't carried several dead weight.
In NRL terms, a parody is a person who does a good job of impersonating an NRL player.

The only people I would keep who are off contract this year are Hughes, Avo, and maybe Casey. The rest can go.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In NRL terms, a parody is a person who does a good job of impersonating an NRL player.

The only people I would keep who are off contract this year are Hughes, Avo, and maybe Casey. The rest can go.
OFF CONTRACT 2023
Jake Averillo, Fa'amanu Brown, Braidon Burns, Declan Casey, Brandon Clarke, Kyle Flanagan, Samuel Hughes, Joseph O'Neill, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Malachi Retchford, Josh Reynolds, Luke Thompson, Judda Turahui, Corey Waddell

Only retaining 3 Lord?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"Playmaker" yep there is truth in publishing ...not.....I was a defender of his but not anymore. Maybe will put in a good kick now and again and tackle but playmaker...play stopper more like it....

For a bloke who wanted to stand on his own two feet...following Daddy to Manly so he can once again be molly coddled...good move..

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes that’s correct Michael. Play there until i was 25 and then went to the Bankstown Association. Both as bad as each other. Some fathers just should not get involved in their kids sport.
Yes, I played in that association myself - I have a few stories of my own!!!!

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Think he will be great player in time we don't have the time. We need to keep Trotting good luck to him and his dad wish them both best of luck, now lets trot
Mmm…..not so sure. He strikes me as a similar pedigree to Mbye. Looked good in juniors, a lot of promise & secured initial contracts, based on this perceived promise.
However never quite delivered & spends his NRL life in a sort of transfer room limbo.
Also a bit like Brodie Croft, I think Flanno will look pretty good (a “great player”) if he grabs a contract in ESL. That’s his future imo. Accept it Shane…..

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OFF CONTRACT 2023
Jake Averillo, Fa'amanu Brown, Braidon Burns, Declan Casey, Brandon Clarke, Kyle Flanagan, Samuel Hughes, Joseph O'Neill, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Malachi Retchford, Josh Reynolds, Luke Thompson, Judda Turahui, Corey Waddell

Only retaining 3 Lord?
Jake Averillo, Fa'amanu Brown, Braidon Burns, Declan Casey, Brandon Clarke*, Kyle Flanagan, Samuel Hughes, Joseph O'Neill*, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Malachi Retchford*, Josh Reynolds, Luke Thompson, Judda Turahui*, Corey Waddell

The ones I have put in asterix are the guys I don't know much about. Are these any good?

I might keep Thommo and Patalo on one year deals max, but I wouldn't lose sleep if we lost them as they spend a lot of time on the sidelines rather than on the field.

Last edited:

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
OFF CONTRACT 2023

Only retaining 3 Lord?
Retchford & Turahui were both released about this time last year. O'Neill is on a development contract, the rest top30.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Jake Averillo, Fa'amanu Brown, Braidon Burns, Declan Casey, Brandon Clarke*, Kyle Flanagan, Samuel Hughes, Joseph O'Neill*, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Malachi Retchford*, Josh Reynolds, Luke Thompson, Judda Turahui*, Corey Waddell

The ones I have put in asterix are the guys I don't know much about. Are these any good?

I might keep Thommo and Patalo on one year deals max, but I wouldn't lose sleep if we lost them as they spend a lot of time on the sidelines rather than on the field.
You're keeping Casey? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

He'll finish his career with the only honour being the worst debut ever. Three dropped balls then knocked out cold. Just cannot beat that.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're keeping Casey? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

He'll finish his career with the only honour being the worst debut ever. Three dropped balls then knocked out cold. Just cannot beat that.
You threatening me master jedi? [emoji23][emoji23] read my post, I said maybe.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmm…..not so sure. He strikes me as a similar pedigree to Mbye. Looked good in juniors, a lot of promise & secured initial contracts, based on this perceived promise.
However never quite delivered & spends his NRL life in a sort of transfer room limbo.
Also a bit like Brodie Croft, I think Flanno will look pretty good (a “great player”) if he grabs a contract in ESL. That’s his future imo. Accept it Shane…..
Mmm… not many half backs around with actual first grade experience like his…as he ages he will naturally fill out and grow in confidence… Don’t really give a fuck how he strikes u pun intended. He is not what we need but dosnt need the shit he’s coping here.