News The Mole: Father's ploy to lure disgruntled Bulldogs playmaker Kyle Flanagan to rival club

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly assistant coach Shane Flanagan is trying to get son Kyle to the Sea Eagles in 2024 in a bid to revive the halfback's career.

Flanagan, 24, is coming off contract with the Bulldogs at the end of the season and is unlikely to be re-signed.

The Sea Eagles are considering bringing him in and moving veteran Daly Cherry-Evans to five-eighth, then shifting the giant Josh Schuster to backrow or centre.

Kyle played his best football under his dad early in his career at Cronulla, where he debuted in 2018 and looked the goods.

He has lost his way in recent seasons at the Roosters and Bulldogs but his father believes the playmaker still has plenty to offer if used the right way.

This season, Kyle has yet to score a try or come up with a try assist after eight rounds with the Bulldogs.

Schuster has had a mixed year at five-eighth for Manly - on Sunday in the narrow win over the Tigers, he had eight runs for just 47 metres, missed five tackles and made four errors.

Both Flanagans will deny all this - but it has been discussed very seriously in the corridors of power at Manly.

brockodore

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But isn't Shane Flanagan in contention for the Dragons coaching job ? Why would he take Kyle to Manly just to leave for the Dragons ?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nepotism isn't a good thing in professional sports. I can't imagine how having a sub standard attacking half being given the keys to the attack with very little chance of being dropped will make for a healthy club.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe Luke Brooks cops it day in day out, yet this flop Flanagan escapes any sort of scrutiny.

And Ciraldo needs to stop with the bullsh1t excuses that the spine is only 8 games old…. The Warriors spine is 8 games old and they ain’t missing a beat, the bloody Dolphins spine is 8 games old and continue to score/win games

We’ve carried this flop for 2.5yrs now & with the exception of his first ever game vs Knights when he threw a cut out pass for a try, he’s done f#ck all since.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Never understood the hype around schuster, but I have no doubt that flanges skills as a HB would unlock schuster and if I where the manly club I would be getting kyle there this year, its a must if they want to play finals football, kyle is a gun halfback that has been hampered by string of poor coaches and talentless team mates, with daddy's help they will "MAKE MANLY GREAT AGAIN".

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nepotism isn't a good thing in professional sports. I can't imagine how having a sub standard attacking half being given the keys to the attack with very little chance of being dropped will make for a healthy club.
Surely Manly are smarter than that.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This was the exact reason I never wanted flange snr at the dogs, it would have been a fucking disaster.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flan snrs only hope of turning Flan jnr into a first grade quality player is to pump him full of peptides and turn him into a front rower.