News The Mole: Father's ploy to lure disgruntled Bulldogs playmaker Kyle Flanagan to rival club

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a bullshit story Schuster threatened to leave if he didn't play in the halves so they let Foran go can't see him being too happy

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nepotism isn't a good thing in professional sports. I can't imagine how having a sub standard attacking half being given the keys to the attack with very little chance of being dropped will make for a healthy club.
Nepotism is something that irks me both in sport and in working life.

Back in 2015 I was an assistant coach of a team in the Sharks juniors. My step son was the coach.

I had a phone call from one of my players who wanted his cousin of the same age to join our team. He was in a team in another district.

He had won the player of the year award 2 seaons prior, BUT a new coach came on board who had twin sons who played the same positions he could, they being half back and hooker. He basically sat on the bench for the entire year.

We gave him a trial and we could see he was a classy player.

We offered him a utility spot covering 6, 7,9 and 13. He started each game on the bench but was on after 20 minutes and stayed on for the rest of the game.

Handled every spot with aplomb.

He was also a left footed goal kicker. We were in front by 6 points in the decider when we received a penalty out wide on the right hand side. Up he stepped to take the kick and nailed it for an 8 point lead with 2 minutes to go.

I have always said the best type of coaches in junior sport are those that have no family members involved as players.

Nepotism is even worse in junior cricket, particularly when a father is umpiring from the end his son is bowling from.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now who from the kennel could we send over to Manly to sell them on how bloody brilliant KF is and if they want to be a premiership threat this year they desperately need to take him now !

They’d have to be someone who could tenaciously defend any objection Manly might have, someone who could sell his brilliance against overwhelming evidence and stats, someone who could continually go back at them all day and 1/2 the night and hang on no matter what till they got the deal done, they’d need to be an absolute gun [emoji848]

Do we have anyone like that ??

Any ideas ??

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What a bullshit story Schuster threatened to leave if he didn't play in the halves so they let Foran go can't see him being too happy
Yeah now they’re thinking fuck Schuster he can leave if he wants.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another parody bites the dust. Many more to come? Is this the last year we will be carrying parodies in our squad?

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid season swap for the guy who cuts the oranges would be a tad unfair, but I'm sure we can repay Manly at some stage down the track

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Deadset swap him for that kaeo weekes kid
looked good last i watched him

Come on big daddy come get your daughter

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could imagine my dad / father rescuing me if he saw me in a bit of strife… so not surprising here

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manly have Cooper Johns in waiting, why on earth would they go for Flanno?

but hey, if they’re interested, give us Sipley

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly assistant coach Shane Flanagan is trying to get son Kyle to the Sea Eagles in 2024 in a bid to revive the halfback's career.

Flanagan, 24, is coming off contract with the Bulldogs at the end of the season and is unlikely to be re-signed.

The Sea Eagles are considering bringing him in and moving veteran Daly Cherry-Evans to five-eighth, then shifting the giant Josh Schuster to backrow or centre.

Kyle played his best football under his dad early in his career at Cronulla, where he debuted in 2018 and looked the goods.

He has lost his way in recent seasons at the Roosters and Bulldogs but his father believes the playmaker still has plenty to offer if used the right way.

This season, Kyle has yet to score a try or come up with a try assist after eight rounds with the Bulldogs.

Schuster has had a mixed year at five-eighth for Manly - on Sunday in the narrow win over the Tigers, he had eight runs for just 47 metres, missed five tackles and made four errors.

Both Flanagans will deny all this - but it has been discussed very seriously in the corridors of power at Manly.
I'd say the sooner Kyle leaves our club the better., mine you if Flanagan snr get the Dragons job in 2924, what then.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Already looking at real estate, baby! Unlucky for you Bozos, they still have internet there.
With all the negative stuff you posted about our proven players who have a few ordanory games, I hope to God you go with him.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
With all the negative you posted about our proven players who have a few ordanory games, I hope to God you go with him.
Lol who are these proven players of which you speak?