Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
David Villa and David Silva are our main targets at the moment.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Fergie has come out and said our summer spending is over. Plus i think Valencia will want 90 million plus for Villa.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,,25887604-12428,00.html

MANCHESTER United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar will be sidelined for up to two months after undergoing surgery on a broken finger and bone in his left hand.

The club said today that the 38-year-old Dutchman sustained the injury in a penalty shootout loss to Bayern Munich in last week's pre-season game.

United will have to turn to either Tomasz Kuszczak or Ben Foster as replacement goalkeeper in the opening stages of the English Premier League season.

United plays Chelsea in the Community Shield on Sunday, a week before its league opener against Birmingham.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
surely foster is our no.2 goalie and therefore should replace him

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
United top European attendances for 2008-09

By Martin Caparrotta 3:18pm UK, Thursday August 6, 2009 • 146 views

Manchester United may have topped the chart for average attendances in European football across the 2008-09 season, but the German Bundesliga has more clubs than the Premier League in the top ten.

United just pipped Real Madrid to the top spot with an average attendance of 75,304 for last season, with the Madrid side closely behind on 74,895.
The only other Premier League club in the top 15 was Arsenal in seventh place with an average of 60,040. Celtic and Rangers also both made it into the top 15.
German sides Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich and FC Schalke were all in the top ten, making the Bundesliga the best represented league in the standings.
Average Stadium Attendances 2008-09 – European Top 15
1. Manchester United – 75,304
2. Real Madrid – 74,895
3. Barcelona – 73,913
4. Borussia Dortmund – 73,802
5. Bayern Munich – 69,622
6. FC Schalke – 61,361
7. Arsenal – 60,040
8. Celtic – 57,670
9. AC Milan – 57,066
10. Inter Milan – 55,185
11. Hamburg – 54,744
12. Marseille – 52,376
13. Stuttgart – 51,340
14. Hertha Berlin – 49,695
15. Rangers – 49,533

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
well that's the club's fault. nou camp holds 98k and old trafford holds 76k

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would of thought Liverpool and Chelsea would be in the top 15.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Vidic set to miss start of Premier League season

Nemanja Vidic will miss the start of the Barclays Premier League season.

Vidic has been ruled out of the Community Shield showpiece against Chelsea on Sunday at Wembley and the following game with Birmingham because of a calf injury.

Wes Brown is also sidelined this weekend with a thigh problem but is expected back for the opening league match while Gary Neville is unavailable because of a groin strain.

Ferguson said: "Neither Wes or Nemanja have long-term injuries. I would expect Wes to be fit for the game a week on Sunday.

"As for Vidic he pulled his calf in the warm-up in Munich (against Bayern Munich) and is two weeks away.

"Gary is doing a little bit of training and coming on fine but I do not think he will make Sunday."

With goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar out for up to ten weeks with broken fingers, Ferguson has to choose between Ben Foster and Tomasz Kuszczak against Chelsea.

Both played a half in the game against Valencia in midweek and Ferguson added: "We have a selection dilemma as to who plays in goal on Sunday. It is not an easy one for me."

Man Utd (from): Foster, Kuszczak, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Anderson, Gibson, Nani, Giggs, Rooney, Owen, Berbatov, Macheda, Tosic, Fabio, Cleverley, De Laet.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=665654&sec=england&cc=3436

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ballack is a **** and the ref chris foy is a spastic.

- Apparently Nani dislocated his shoulder 3 - 4 weeks. zzzzz

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
he's a filthy krout what do you expect? anywho looking good for the season even after this loss

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey Bobii I didn't see the game, haven't seen the highlights or anything and I'm not saying this to stir or as a bias City fan (as you know, I'm fairly unbiased) but I think United might struggle this season (As much as United can) and the title race will be wide open.

Chelsea, Arsenal, United and Liverpoool and maybe, just maybe, City have an outside chance if they can get it right early on. (Which I doubt and will be very hard to do)

I just think United's midfield isn't that impressive, Berbatov had great supply last year and couldn't do much, how is he going to do with less quality chances?

Owen will be good I think (if and when he's ever fit) and will score goals in a quality side but without Ronaldo and Tevez I think to much pressure will be on Rooney.

Plus United always get injuries/suspensions to their back 4.

I think Liverpool wasted their chance last year and haven't bought at all, Chelsea have a chance but don't think will win and I think this could be Arsenal's year.

Do you have similar doubts about your mob? Or do you honestly think Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Valencia, Park etc will be good enough to win another title?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
dude ur taking so much out of a charity game lol. United always start slow. Nothing will change again. I wouldnt say united are favourites however Liverpool and Arsenal have their fair share of problems. If anything, Chelsea might hold a slender edge. Hopefully Hargreaves plays this year.