Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
:o u went to the dark side Benjamin, not the light. why must u hurt me so?
Haha. It wasn't you Bobii, it was the lure of the old Division 1 back in the late 90's that drew me to City. How could I resist? :p

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
sorry guys benzema just signed with real madrid :(, article posted on its own and they are now after ribery

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Huntelaar, David Villa and Aguero

Which striker would you prefer???

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Welbeck and Macheda will get some more game time.

Hmmm, hows the progress of Davide Petrucci??? When will he be ready???

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Former Liverpool and Newcastle striker Michael Owen will have to take a 50% pay cut - to £50,000-a-week - and pass a stringent medical before making a shock move to Manchester United.
Full story: The Sun
Actually, Owen could be offered a basic wage of a paltry £20,000-a-week, with performance-related bonuses taking him close to the £110,000-a-week he earned at Newcastle.

Manchester United will make a £16m move for Sevilla's 28-year-old Brazilian striker Luis Fabiano, but face competition from AC Milan.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Former Newcastle striker Michael Owen in shock link to Manchester United

July 03, 2009
Manchester United are set to sign out-of-favour England striker Michael Owen on a surprise free transfer deal, according to reports in the British press on Friday.

Times Online reported the move could be tied up later on Friday (est) if Owen passes a medical.

Owen's contract with Newcastle, relegated from the English top-flight last season, lapsed on July 1.

It seemed the only clubs interested in signing the 29-year-old former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker were Stoke and Hull - both Premier League sides but teams for whom staying up was an achievement.

But they now appear to have been joined by United, who have seen forwards Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez both leave Old Trafford since the end of last season.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly planning to sign Owen, whose time at Newcastle was blighted by a succession of injury problems, on a pay-as-you-play deal.

Owen's weekly wage at Newcastle, for whom he scored 10 goals last season, was believed to be around £120,000 ($A247,626) but reports said he would take a substantial pay cut to sign for a leading current English Premier League champions.

The forward, who has scored 40 goals in 89 England appearances, has yet to persuade England coach Fabio Capello he has a future at international level.

But Owen's career could be rejuvenated by playing alongside the likes of England striker Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford.

United have yet to make a public comment about the proposed deal.

To read more on this story, our friends at Times Online have reported that Owen will sign with the Red Devils on Friday (est).

Agence France-Presse

not a bad a idea if it is infact pay as u play, could prove handy and not spending alot on him

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
wtf!!!

owen joining manure is almost committing apostasy (sp?) from your own religion.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has signed Michael Owen on a two-year contract. The striker was out of contract, so no transfer fee is involved.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Michael is a world class forward with a proven goalscoring record at the highest level and that has never been in question. Coming to Manchester United with the expectations that we have is something that Michael will relish.”

Michael Owen said: "I had just begun to talk to other clubs when out of the blue Sir Alex phoned me on Wednesday afternoon, invited me to have breakfast with him the next morning during which he told me that he wanted to sign me. I agreed without a moment's thought.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I intend to seize it with both hands. I am now looking forward to being a Manchester United player and I am fortunate that I already know so many of the players here. I missed pre-season last year and am pleased that I will be starting at Carrington from day one.

"I want to thank Sir Alex for the faith he has shown in me and I give him my assurance that I will repay him with my goals and performances.”

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope he can re-capture his outstanding perfomances when he was playing for Liverpool.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No offence but "LOL."

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it should benefit both Owen and our team as he will get paid on his performance and we didn't have to spend anything on the transfer fee.