Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wanted him gone 6 weeks after he signed his first contract. Absolute FRAUD of a manager. Not even championship level. Managed to get Cardiff relegated and yet somehow finds himself at the helm of one of the biggest clubs in the world. STAGGERING incompetence from United.

The narrative goes he made progress ..... He was backed to the tune of 450 million. Who couldn't change things with that kind of money ??

It's highly debatable if that money has been spent wisely. For a start 100 million didn't even play against Liverpool in Sancho/DVB. The 130 million spent between Maguire/ Wan Bissaka could have yielded so much more. And then we have the CDM fiasco. I could go on.

Finishing second last year was only because Chelsea and Liverpool had legitimate reasons for down seasons. Only an Ole fanboy could say we are better than those teams.

Tan Hag would be my first choice as his football is superb and i feel the youth players would really benefit. Hard to see him walking away from Ajax at this point of the season though.

Initially i was against Conti but i am firming by the day. The guy is a serial winner with stacks of charisma. His antics on the sideline would be a welcome change from the vacant stares and group talk we currently witness. With Conti we could go into matches against the big three on a somewhat level field in a managerial sense.

I am pretty sure he will handle the dressing room and is available now.
One thing about Conte is he'd have much more experience in handling the egos and working at big clubs. In any sport you can generally tell when the players have lost faith in the coach/manager and that's happening now at United. It seems like Ole will be gone soon and the only thing delaying an announcement is that they're waiting to sort out his replacement.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
United's shape, pressing, selections, and some individual performances are substandard

CR7 does not press and doesn't even provide nuisance value by positioning himself between the opposition CBs... Greenwood is too one dimensional in attack and defence and that really exposes Wan Bissaka's flaws and positionally... Fernandes works hard but not in coordination with anyone else... Rashford doesn't track back... McFred are not good enough

I am trying to work out whether Maguire is still injured, badly out of form, or just terrible... pretty much every goal LFC scored was as a result or contributed to by Maguire's poor play

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One thing about Conte is he'd have much more experience in handling the egos and working at big clubs. In any sport you can generally tell when the players have lost faith in the coach/manager and that's happening now at United. It seems like Ole will be gone soon and the only thing delaying an announcement is that they're waiting to sort out his replacement.
Never thought Conte would be a good fit for United but this projected lineup according to his tactics may work? Issue I'd have is with Pogba and Bruno putting in the midfield shift, but having 3 at the back they shouldn't need to track back as much?

Didn't think Conte was the right fit but think this would work a lot better for United and you'd be able to work to your strengths.

FCsiekWWYA8z5XJ.jpg

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
United's shape, pressing, selections, and some individual performances are substandard

CR7 does not press and doesn't even provide nuisance value by positioning himself between the opposition CBs... Greenwood is too one dimensional in attack and defence and that really exposes Wan Bissaka's flaws and positionally... Fernandes works hard but not in coordination with anyone else... Rashford doesn't track back... McFred are not good enough

I am trying to work out whether Maguire is still injured, badly out of form, or just terrible... pretty much every goal LFC scored was as a result or contributed to by Maguire's poor play
Add to that to the Leicester game where 3 out of the 4 goals can be directly attributed to him. It'll be interesting seeing how United line up against Spurs. Surely they'll go with 3 at the back and focus on counter attacking football?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Never thought Conte would be a good fit for United but this projected lineup according to his tactics may work? Issue I'd have is with Pogba and Bruno putting in the midfield shift, but having 3 at the back they shouldn't need to track back as much?

Didn't think Conte was the right fit but think this would work a lot better for United and you'd be able to work to your strengths.

View attachment 32563
It's too early to talk what his tactics would be when Ole hasn't even been fired yet and Conte might not be appointed. Whoever takes over will probably make an impact for the first few games just from the players lifting their performances because there's no scapegoat anymore. As much blame as Ole deserves, there's no question some United players need to play better.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 32563
I think Shaw would be part of a back three at the expense of Wan Bissaka, with Telles the wing back. Telles is an excellent crosser of the ball which would play to Ronaldo's strength in the air. I also prefer Fred over Mctominay, although i would love to see DVB get a shot as he has played in the six before, and most importantly he can actually pass the ball unlike McFred. Rashford instead of Greenwood and maybe even Sancho over Dalot.

I am probably way off, but we certainly have some options.

Exciting times ahead i hope.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's too early to talk what his tactics would be when Ole hasn't even been fired yet and Conte might not be appointed. Whoever takes over will probably make an impact for the first few games just from the players lifting their performances because there's no scapegoat anymore. As much blame as Ole deserves, there's no question some United players need to play better.
Too early? I guess I'm more commenting based on what most United supporters I see say.

Conte or Zidane.

While I agree with you that the players have a lot to answer, ultimately it's always going to be the manager that pays the price. Doubt it'll be different in this situation.

Reason I brought up Conte as I've seen it discussed that his approach wouldn't be good with the current United squad, but that lineup suggests that maybe it can work?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Shaw would be part of a back three at the expense of Wan Bissaka, with Telles the wing back. Telles is an excellent crosser of the ball which would play to Ronaldo's strength in the air. I also prefer Fred over Mctominay, although i would love to see DVB get a shot as he has played in the six before, and most importantly he can actually pass the ball unlike McFred. Rashford instead of Greenwood and maybe even Sancho over Dalot.

I am probably way off, but we certainly have some options.

Exciting times ahead i hope.
Dalot and Telles are hardly proven in the EPL, especially defensively. But, I'd imagine Conte would be able to get them in-line?

What do you do with Sancho though? Cost you 75m odd, right? And even under Conte he wouldn't have a position?

Just feel your squad is lacking, and you really need to bring someone in with a long-term vision.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
United are in the mud!

No matter the result vs Spurs there is going to be a reaction.

If Spurs lose it's Conte IN. If United Lose Ole is at the wheel and Spurs fans will be on board.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dalot and Telles are hardly proven in the EPL, especially defensively. But, I'd imagine Conte would be able to get them in-line?

What do you do with Sancho though? Cost you 75m odd, right? And even under Conte he wouldn't have a position?

Just feel your squad is lacking, and you really need to bring someone in with a long-term vision.
That's why i suggested right wing back. Probably wont happen, just throwing out some ideas. Same with Donny in the six.

Telles is much better going forward than defending but far from hopeless, just hasn't been given much of a chance, like many others.

Players have changed positions before with success, not impossible. Remember what Conti did with Victor Moses.

I have been doing a stack of reading today and it seems Ole is a dead man walking, with Conti the favorite to take over.

I am excited for the first time in ages.

Same applies with the BULLDOGS.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too early? I guess I'm more commenting based on what most United supporters I see say.

Conte or Zidane.

While I agree with you that the players have a lot to answer, ultimately it's always going to be the manager that pays the price. Doubt it'll be different in this situation.

Reason I brought up Conte as I've seen it discussed that his approach wouldn't be good with the current United squad, but that lineup suggests that maybe it can work?
Many United pundits that i rate very highly are all over Conti.

I don't think he would contemplate taking the job if he didn't like the talent available.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Many United pundits that i rate very highly are all over Conti.

I don't think he would contemplate taking the job if he didn't like the talent available.
Reading tonight Ole is definitely staying? Madness if true.

Don't think many people are questioning whether United have talent. No doubt you do. But it's individual talent not team talent, and who knows how long it'll take to turn it around?

Do you have good enough players to step in?

Don't know mate. Happy you're exciting as I know you're a massive United fan. Hope they get it right for supporters like yourself

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading tonight Ole is definitely staying? Madness if true.

Don't think many people are questioning whether United have talent. No doubt you do. But it's individual talent not team talent, and who knows how long it'll take to turn it around?

Do you have good enough players to step in?

Don't know mate. Happy you're exciting as I know you're a massive United fan. Hope they get it right for supporters like yourself
Thanks mate.

Excitement is waning already as the vibe has definitely changed regarding Conti.

Just watched Ole's press conference and he stated we need to be more like Tyson Fury !!!!

Fark me.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Managers last ten games with United post Sir Alex.

Moyes - 5 losses / 10 goals conceded.

LVG - 2 losses / 11 goals conceded.

Jose - 3 losses / 12 goals conceded.

Ole - 5 losses / 19 goals conceded.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks mate.

Excitement is waning already as the vibe has definitely changed regarding Conti.

Just watched Ole's press conference and he stated we need to be more like Tyson Fury !!!!

Fark me.
in truth, I thought you were trolling with that 'Tyson Fury' bit

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ole will more than likely be punted after the Man City, unless of course the football gods smile on us and he manages to jag a result.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Strangely enough I actually think you guys will get a result in the next 2 matches.

Spurs are playing terribly. Utter gash. Any team you want to come up against next it'd be them, so anything but a win is utter failure.

City? You'll play ultra defensive and pop a goal or two on the break.

It'll be lauded as a success but those who actually watch the games will know it's just a band-aid.

Gotta replace him. Just not with Rodgers.