Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe asking for consistency

I'm still reply banned from the Liverpool thread because I responded to being tagged in other people's posts . I'm not asking for the reply ban to be rescinded (let it stay as a permanent ban from the Liverpool thread), however I am asking for consistency where this attempt at trolling (mocking post of when we scored to mock at our manager being safe from being sacked) should be met with permanent reply ban from the United thread.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm still reply banned from the Liverpool thread because I responded to being tagged in other people's posts . I'm not asking for the reply ban to be rescinded (let it stay as a permanent ban from the Liverpool thread), however I am asking for consistency where this attempt at trolling (mocking post of when we scored to mock at our manager being safe from being sacked) should be met with permanent reply ban from the United thread.
Your ban was meant to be 24 hours. It's expired now.

24 hour reply ban for Tassie for balance.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Good win last night bro. 3-0 was a strong result.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By the sounds of it spurs weren’t crash hot tho
But I did like the formation etc looking at it this morning
Nah bro, Man U were dominant. You guys didn't let Tottenham play their game. You came out with a good attitude and were not the same team that played a week ago. Good signs.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was nothing more than a stabilising performance.

Maguire is out of form, still not convincing

Shaw is out of form

Fred turned up first 20 minutes then went haywire but at the same time mctominay was invisible first 20 minutes but then became involved (just because he got involved doesn't mean he was good, it was average). Neither were impressive.

Looks like Bruno was finally instructed to be disciplined and provide the extra man in midfield.

Varane was a welcome commanding addition to the defence, the side really needed him

AWB was good.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Shaw is out of form

Fred turned up first 20 minutes then went haywire but at the same time mctominay was invisible first 20 minutes but then became involved (just because he got involved doesn't mean he was good, it was average). Neither were impressive.

Looks like Bruno was finally instructed to be disciplined and provide the extra man in midfield.

Varane was a welcome commanding addition to the defence, the side really needed him

AWB was good.
I think you’re being hard bro, you played a quality team and to finish 3-0 takes some work.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you’re being hard bro, you played a quality team and to finish 3-0 takes some work.
It's a big step in the right direction and at any other time the result and performance would be well received by the whole fan base.

The team is struggling from a lack of confidence and cohesion, it's no where near the finished product.

Last night's performance was merely to show that the building blocks are there and they've yet to come together in a proper fashion.

And yes I agree, tottenham weren't allowed to play rather than it just being spurs being "shit"

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a big step in the right direction and at any other time the result and performance would be well received by the whole fan base.

The team is struggling from a lack of confidence and cohesion, it's no where near the finished product.

Last night's performance was merely to show that the building blocks are there and they've yet to come together in a proper fashion.

And yes I agree, tottenham weren't allowed to play rather than it just being spurs being "shit"
Question is, why are we struggling from a lack of cohesion.

Ole has had almost 3 years.

Only Ronaldo and Verane are new to the side and they are both world class vets. It shouldn't be this hard.

Are we now going with 3 at the back? If so what about Sancho? We chased him for two years. Does he become another DVB?

In my opinion we are a shambles as a club, not just Ole.

Honestly i am not trolling, i am genuinely confused as to the direction of our club.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Only Ronaldo and Verane are new to the side and they are both world class vets. It shouldn't be this hard.

Are we now going with 3 at the back? If so what about Sancho? We chased him for two years. Does he become another DVB?

Honestly i am not trolling, i am genuinely confused as to the direction of our club.
I think there's a number of reasons for lack of cohesion

Not a single one of our midfielders is capable of doing the required job consistently across a season. IMO that falls down mostly to ability, there's also aspects of tactical instructions which impact it but I put it more down to ability.

Maguire and Shaw have been massively out of form and that just hasn't helped us at all, as Shaw was an outlet from the back for us last season.

Varane brings a long passing game (from the back) to our team, which will keep the opposition in doubt about where they are to press (e.g. VVD ball to Salah for Liverpool's first goal vs Brighton). Before Varane we didn't have that from our central defenders. But varane hasn't been available all the time and he's still settling into the premier league

Last season we had a mixture of performances, they weren't all shit. Eg when we played tottenham away last season, the team fired up 2nd half because we had a bullshit decision go against us. That half the team played amazing football and it was a genuine joy to watch, winning 3-1.

Hence I think there is more to come from this group of players (regardless if Ole is there or not), they do seem to have started in really bad form (especially Maguire, Shaw, Fred and mctominay compared to last season). I think once they start hitting some form, there will be games where we switch back to flank wingers play, with the most likely pairing being rashford and sancho.

As far as coaching staff is concerned I agree they probably need some more quality to the coaching staff. There's definitely something wrong there. Coaching staff does not equal manager by the way.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Shaw is out of form

AWB was good.
Have to agree with this.

While it's true that Spurs really were terrible, just look at the form and attitude of Kane and the fact their manager is likely to be sacked soon, United went back to the basics and pulled out a win.

You did what you had to do, and overall did relatively well.

There were a few occassions tho that Spurs really should've punished you but just took some really bad options. Rather than United being great it really was Spurs just being utterly horrible.

No better team for your lot to play in all honesty but you can only okay who's in front of you.

If I were a United supporter tho, I'd still be questioning wtf my club is all about. After 3 years still no identity. Get results by laying 3 at the back and being ultra defensive.

Is this the 'United way'?

Wasn't Mourinho sacked for playing over negative football? What's this that Ole is doing now with 3 CBs?

Van de Beek and Sancho represent over 120m in investment. For what? To sit on the bench and not get a game?

The truth is that Ole has done it again and pulled a result out of the hat. Maybe you'll do well against Atalanta and even City? Why not? Said after result against Liverpool it was possible.

But, it just seems like you're papering over cracks again. Still lacking identity. A clear style of play.

As you say, nothing more than a stabilising performance so it's cool we agree on something mate! Who would've thought eh old pal?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It's quite bizarre tbh.

From the outside Ole has attempted to pay his own style this year, moving away from the counter attacking and perhaps negative approach that helped him be 'successful' in previous years. It seemed like he was really trying to put his stamp on the club, resulting in him 'going for it' against Liverpool (his words).

His signings seemed to reflect this new approach by bringing in and strengthening the attack, and also buying Varane who's that ball playing CB.

Finally Ole working towards his own vision of playing? Going back to the entertaining ways of United in the past?

Didn't work tho so back to 3 CBs and defensive approach to the game. Short-term fix which will get you results. Will save him his job tho.

But long-term?

As you say, what's going to happen to Sancho? One of the best young players in the world at Dortmund. Jealous as fuck that you got him. Top top purchase. .

What's going to happen to him? Where does he even fit in this side? Same can be said with DVB?

Smells of a desperate attempt to save his skin rather than play with a particular style or way United fans should truly be excited about.

People lauding a 3-0 win by playing counter attacking football with 3 CBs and wing backs against an absolutely atrocious Spurs team? Easily pleased imo and lacking true understanding of where United are at.

Always felt you'd get a result in this game. And will do the same against Atalanta and hopefully City. Just papering over the cracks

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clown fuckong takes
Eh? Just repeating what you said mate. Strange.

Put your hatred of me to the side and you'll see we're both see it the same way?

Strange. Oh well. Shame that you have to be this way. To be expected I guess?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happens to Greenwood btw? Best young talent coming out of your club but playing on the bench? Not where he needs or should be.

Maybe you guys should loan him out to ensure he gets same game time and continues to develop?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Eh? Just repeating what you said mate. Strange.

Put your hatred of me to the side and you'll see we're both see it the same way?

Strange. Oh well. Shame that you have to be this way. To be expected I guess?
I never said anything remotely close to the BS you spewed. Take your clown takes off to the Liverpool thread and worry about almost losing at home to Brighton

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never said anything remotely close to the BS you spewed. Take your clown takes off to the Liverpool thread and worry about almost losing at home to Brighton
We should've lost to Brighton in all honesty. We were shit the second half and were saved by Allison. Thank fuck for him!

"It's nothing more than a stabilising performance" is exactly what I think. Ole just had to get you guys to win, and to bring the team together.

Completely agree with you mate and exactly what I was saying? Not sure why you're getting defensive when we finally agree on something! You should be happy that I'm finally seeing things your way lol

I guess it's a pleasing result when players like Maguire and Shaw as you say are "out of form" which is what I've been saying for a while. You still got a result when certain players are well below par.

What I will disagree with you tho is when you say this is a big step in the right direction. I'm not sure it changes much in all honesty. You jagged a result but ...

But, it's all about opinions tho, isn't it?