Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
just how do you think Conte and Daniel Levy are going to get along?
With Levy going for Mourinho and now Conte I think he is so desperate for silverware that he will slightly and only temporarily change his ways. Plus Conte never gets along with the club he is at, but he has a way of squeezing the best out of his players and thats what matters.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Levy going for Mourinho and now Conte I think he is so desperate for silverware that he will slightly and only temporarily change his ways. Plus Conte never gets along with the club he is at, but he has a way of squeezing the best out of his players and thats what matters.
Conte demands money be spent in the transfer market, on proven veterans, plays either a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, is himself very expensive, quickly ostracises players from the first team if they do not fully buy in, is quickly frustrated if money is not continually spent on the squad etc.

he and Levy are a bad fit beyond both wanting to win

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they might give manager of the season to Moyes.

Kane will probably get the Player of the season but I can see them giving it to Dias and giving Foden the young player.
I am not necessarily his biggest fan but I think Leicester's good season deserves a reward with Rodgers getting the coach award

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Top top talent that. Was right move for him to reject Man U when he did

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TAA injured for England
Prolly helps England with his defending shotty at best

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top top talent that. Was right move for him to reject Man U when he did
Dortmund is a great club to sign for for young players to develop, to play week in week out, and then when you have 2-3 years of first team football, you can write your own cheque

you can see a 20 year old Bellingham coming back to England for Man U or Liverpool for £70+ million to be a dominant starting box to box midfielder

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TAA injured for England
Prolly helps England with his defending shotty at best
TAA is a loss for England for his crossing and attacking output... then again, if England were to have an injury, to RB will be least felt

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Conte demands money be spent in the transfer market, on proven veterans, plays either a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, is himself very expensive, quickly ostracises players from the first team if they do not fully buy in, is quickly frustrated if money is not continually spent on the squad etc.

he and Levy are a bad fit beyond both wanting to win
If Kane does leave he may get the 130 million plus the initial transfer budget to build his squad.

Otherwise, if he can convince Kane to stay then I dont think this tottenham team needs more than 90-100 million to start competing again. Conte doesnt need the best players to compete, he just needs players that can work in his system.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love watching the Dutch play
Always have, love their style of football
Love watching them play too. It's annoying though when you support them in the world cup (once we're usually out early) and then the Dutch always lose in the semi finals or even the final.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love watching them play too. It's annoying though when you support them in the world cup (once we're usually out early) and then the Dutch always lose in the semi finals or even the final.
It is annoying, being a Dutchman and seeing them get so close yet so far. They hold the record for most final appearances without winning the world cup. Still, I will enjoy watching them during the Euros.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Links to Sancho and Varane have intensified today. I’m 99% sure Sancho will be done but still can’t see us pulling off any deal with Varane. Especially with Ramos likely to leave I dont think Madrid can afford to lose him. It probably will result in him just getting a new contract and pay rise.

Suggestions that we may be in for Trippier too, would be a cheap deal for us as he has a year left on his contract but I can’t see him coming here to be a backup to AWB.

No links to any midfielders which is really worrying.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Links to Sancho and Varane have intensified today. I’m 99% sure Sancho will be done but still can’t see us pulling off any deal with Varane. Especially with Ramos likely to leave I dont think Madrid can afford to lose him. It probably will result in him just getting a new contract and pay rise.

Suggestions that we may be in for Trippier too, would be a cheap deal for us as he has a year left on his contract but I can’t see him coming here to be a backup to AWB.

Same every year
Linked to every man and dog, sign 1 player
Typical glazers

Look at Chelsea squad and what they spent last year
240mil
Win the champions league and are now rumours of 200 mil net spend
That’s without selling anyone
Crazy

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Same every year
Linked to every man and dog, sign 1 player
Typical glazers

Look at Chelsea squad and what they spent last year
240mil
Win the champions league and are now rumours of 200 mil net spend
That’s without selling anyone
Crazy
The telling thing this year is that the transfers are to be done within 2 weeks of the window opening.

Window opens 9th June.

Expected that United immediately get Sancho done, Varane next (within 2 weeks), Trippier is being explored for cheap not only as back up but rotation option, and then a midfielder (it's very quiet on the Declan Rice front so may not be him).

But if business isn't conducted early on, it looks like another screwed up window.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

You've done all the groundwork on Sancho already, so you've gotta imagine it'll be done pretty quick. Actually surprised you haven't signed him yet?

Apparent biggest competitors for his signature is ... Liverpool so you know he's in the bag then as no way we'll stump up the required dough to get him. We won't even pay the 50m for Rafino how we'd afford paying 80m plus for Sancho.

Varane is a strange one. Maybe with anchelotti coming back he'll stay?

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Varane is a strange one. Maybe with anchelotti coming back he'll stay?
Just another Madrid player linked with United only thing going for it he struggled under anchelotti last time

sancho let’s see if they can stitch him up quick it I can’t see a lot happening during euros

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just another Madrid player linked with United only thing going for it he struggled under anchelotti last time

sancho let’s see if they can stitch him up quick it I can’t see a lot happening during euros
Need to get Sancho done quick. You've got the money, make it happen. Otherwise later in the window teams like Liverpool might actually have money or teams like Chelsea may miss out on their first or second target and settle for Sancho.

Varane. I don't know enough about him tbh. Clearly you need a CB and you need experience. He seems to be what you need but is he your long-term solution there?