Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favs? Yeah right
De bruyne out do you know with his busted beak etc?
I read that Dr Bruyne suffered facial fractures but that is all I saw

the bookies have England as favorites as of yesterday... for me, it's France but hey

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

the bookies have England as favorites as of yesterday... for me, it's France but hey
Some good teams there
That group F is the group of death surely

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some good teams there
That group F is the group of death surely
Kind of crazy that Portugal, Germany and France are all in the same group, but they probably will all progress to the quarters as the Euros allows for some of the third placed teams to progress. Portugal won it in 2016 after finishing third in their group.

France have the most talent by far, but Portugal have stars in Ronaldo, Bruno, Dias, Bernardo Silva, Jota, Felix and Cancelo.

England have a talented side but a lot hinges on the health of Henderson and Maguire.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kind of crazy that Portugal, Germany and France are all in the same group, but they probably will all progress to the quarters as the Euros allows for some of the third placed teams to progress. Portugal won it in 2016 after finishing third in their group.

France have the most talent by far, but Portugal have stars in Ronaldo, Bruno, Dias, Bernardo Silva, Jota, Felix and Cancelo.

England have a talented side but a lot hinges on the health of Henderson and Maguire.
Personally won't watch any of it but if England are relying on Maguire and Hendo being fit they're in trouble imo

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

England are favourites? Really?

Damn. I personally think England have no chance. But I'm wrong about a lot

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
England are favourites? Really?

Damn. I personally think England have no chance. But I'm wrong about a lot
I have often gotten a lot of enjoyment out of England bombing at a tournament (eg. vs Iceland at Euro 2016)

but there is so much talent in the English squad at the moment (eg. Maddison did not even make the preliminary 33 man squad)... only really goalkeeper and CBs are an issue... you have to think they will be contending for a major trophy soon

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have often gotten a lot of enjoyment out of England bombing at a tournament (eg. vs Iceland at Euro 2016)

but there is so much talent in the English squad at the moment (eg. Maddison did not even make the preliminary 33 man squad)... only really goalkeeper and CBs are an issue... you have to think they will be contending for a major trophy soon
Honestly? Feels like every tournament is the same. England have had some incredible players for them over the years. But always bottle it. Absolutely mental.

I don't understand the favouritism just based on that.

More so they've got average keepers and central defence. Just can't see them doing anything and will take great joy in watching them bottle it again

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I just always expect the to choke, maybe choke not the right word with the talent pools of other country’s
But I can never bring myself to back em
You know a loss is around the corner lol

Plus it never gets old seeing the poms lose

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just always expect the to choke, maybe choke not the right word with the talent pools of other country’s
But I can never bring myself to back em
You know a loss is around the corner lol

Plus it never gets old seeing the poms lose
You always just feel like England are gonna lose to some shit house team

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You always just feel like England are gonna lose to some shit house team
Yeah never have the confidence in them, always something in the back of your head thinking they can’t do it

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 24959

His been very good for us since arriving
Doesn’t get much praise
He has been so good since arriving. Had the most starts out of everyone in Europe this past season, started 54 games in a condensed season.

I think the majority of fans don’t acknowledge the improvements he has made in his attacking play, got a couple more goals and assists this season compared to last and his crossing has improved. We don’t have a proper right winger, so AWB is basically our whole attack and defence down that side.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Tottenham are close to signing Conte and former Juventus director of football Fabio Paratici. They are both world class in their roles and if Spurs are able to pull that off then they will be a big threat going forward.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Tottenham are close to signing Conte and former Juventus director of football Fabio Paratici. They are both world class in their roles and if Spurs are able to pull that off then they will be a big threat going forward.
just how do you think Conte and Daniel Levy are going to get along?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly? Feels like every tournament is the same. England have had some incredible players for them over the years. But always bottle it. Absolutely mental.

I don't understand the favouritism just based on that.

More so they've got average keepers and central defence. Just can't see them doing anything and will take great joy in watching them bottle it again
this is England's most talented squad since their so called Golden Generation in the noughties with Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Beckham, Campbell etc.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this is England's most talented squad since their so called Golden Generation in the noughties with Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Beckham, Campbell etc.
Yup squad is very very good
Just need to put it together

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be supporting my fellow Dutchmen at the Euro's.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Feel they're lacking in experience tho. Big game players. Especially in midfield. Plenty of talent but ...