Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Links to Sancho and Varane have intensified today. I’m 99% sure Sancho will be done but still can’t see us pulling off any deal with Varane. Especially with Ramos likely to leave I dont think Madrid can afford to lose him. It probably will result in him just getting a new contract and pay rise.

Suggestions that we may be in for Trippier too, would be a cheap deal for us as he has a year left on his contract but I can’t see him coming here to be a backup to AWB.

No links to any midfielders which is really worrying.
I read somewhere that Real Madrid would be prepared to let Varane leave and replace him with Kounde from Sevilla

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to get Sancho done quick. You've got the money, make it happen. Otherwise later in the window teams like Liverpool might actually have money or teams like Chelsea may miss out on their first or second target and settle for Sancho.

Varane. I don't know enough about him tbh. Clearly you need a CB and you need experience. He seems to be what you need but is he your long-term solution there?
on its face, Varane is a very good fit... highly experienced, highly successful, late 20's and still should have 3-4 very good years, one year left on his contract and so Real may be desperate to sell and not watch him leave next year for free etc.

the problem I have with Varane is that he has looked shaky when he did not have Ramos next to him

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
on its face, Varane is a very good fit... highly experienced, highly successful, late 20's and still should have 3-4 very good years, one year left on his contract and so Real may be desperate to sell and not watch him leave next year for free etc.

the problem I have with Varane is that he has looked shaky when he did not have Ramos next to him
Personally think it'd be risky for them with Ramos most likely leaving? Worst time for Madrid to change manager for United. Will mean things won't happen quickly and the price will only go up

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same every year
Linked to every man and dog, sign 1 player
Typical glazers

Look at Chelsea squad and what they spent last year
240mil
Win the champions league and are now rumours of 200 mil net spend
That’s without selling anyone
Crazy
They'll sign Sancho to appease all casuals which is the majority and that'll be it, maybe Trippier too.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The telling thing this year is that the transfers are to be done within 2 weeks of the window opening.

Window opens 9th June.

Expected that United immediately get Sancho done, Varane next (within 2 weeks), Trippier is being explored for cheap not only as back up but rotation option, and then a midfielder (it's very quiet on the Declan Rice front so may not be him).

But if business isn't conducted early on, it looks like another screwed up window.
Signing that DM is so so important for us but I'd rather we not pay the quoted 80-90 million for Rice. He does the basics right but he is hardly worth half that price.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Need to get Sancho done quick. You've got the money, make it happen. Otherwise later in the window teams like Liverpool might actually have money or teams like Chelsea may miss out on their first or second target and settle for Sancho.

Varane. I don't know enough about him tbh. Clearly you need a CB and you need experience. He seems to be what you need but is he your long-term solution there?
I've watched Varane play at least 60-70 times, I used to watch Madrid play every weekend because I used to love the way they played. He is a rolls royce defender, very quick, good on the ball and good on the air, but he needs a leader next to him. Which blends perfectly with Maguire who is our captain anyway.

From what I remember, Ancelotti used to start Pepe over Varane regularly and they never seemed to get on.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Real Madrid would be prepared to let Varane leave and replace him with Kounde from Sevilla
We've been linked with Kounde since January as well. Good on the ball and quick but he stands at only 178cm tall, Sevilla are demanding around 50m for him which is too much of a risk with his height, seems to have a good leap on him so he does win his fair share of headers but I can just imagine him getting bullied by some of the strikers in the EPL.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They'll sign Sancho to appease all casuals which is the majority and that'll be it, maybe Trippier too.
I’m afraid u will be right
Every transfer window we slip a step behind other teams
U watch ole get thrown under the bus this transfer window

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Winks from Spurs to your lot. Good signing? Worrying in one side when Levy seems to have agreed to quickly to the sale as he never does that so smells like bullshit

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m afraid u will be right
Every transfer window we slip a step behind other teams
U watch ole get thrown under the bus this transfer window
Already rumours that we cant go over 35m for Varane if we sign Sancho. Very worrying.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone see diallo free kick for Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) in the 96th minute to win the game
Cracker

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Come across this video
Lol he literally couldnt of ragged us at a better time
Look at the 2 teams about to play

I must find the video after the game and see what his saying bahahhaha

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Following video directly after United’s loss to Spurs