Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We were unlucky with injuries this year but Klopp for whatever reason struggled also. Hard year for him but have to be honest and think we could've done better
I think Klopps style wears down not only your players but also himself. He is an emotional character, similar to Pep in that case and I think it becomes hard for them to stay motivated for long periods of time. Expecting him to bounce back.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Klopps style wears down not only your players but also himself. He is an emotional character, similar to Pep in that case and I think it becomes hard for them to stay motivated for long periods of time. Expecting him to bounce back.
Think he will. As will Liverpool. And Chelsea. And city will continue to dominate.

Most important transfer window for your lot

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Player of the Season: De Bruyne, Ruben Dias, Bruno Fernandes, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Mason Mount, Mohamed Salah, Tomas Soucek

Manager of the Season: Marcelo Bielsa, Pep Guardiola, David Moyes, Brendan Rodgers, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Goal of the Season: Maddison v Man City, Lanzini v Spurs, Aina v West Brom, Haller v Palace, Salah v West Ham, Bruno v Everton, Lamela v Arsenal, Lingard v Wolves, Cavani v Fulham

Young Player of the Season: Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Ruben Dias, Phil Foden, Illan Meslier, Mason Mount, Marcus Rashford, Declan Rice, Bukayo Saka

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Player of the Season: De Bruyne, Ruben Dias, Bruno Fernandes, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Mason Mount, Mohamed Salah, Tomas Soucek

Manager of the Season: Marcelo Bielsa, Pep Guardiola, David Moyes, Brendan Rodgers, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Goal of the Season: Maddison v Man City, Lanzini v Spurs, Aina v West Brom, Haller v Palace, Salah v West Ham, Bruno v Everton, Lamela v Arsenal, Lingard v Wolves, Cavani v Fulham

Young Player of the Season: Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Ruben Dias, Phil Foden, Illan Meslier, Mason Mount, Marcus Rashford, Declan Rice, Bukayo Saka

Can't believe that Allison's goal isn't in Goal of the Season!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Young player of season I'll say it's Mount but they'll prob give it it Dias.

Manager obviously Pep.

Player should be a City player but because it's split imagine Bruno will get it? Truth be told think he had more influence than other nominees. Fantastic penalty taker

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rashford shouldn’t be there either
His carrying some sort of injury I’m sure off it
Rashford probably won't start which should spare him a bit... and you don't want players to miss out on a chance to go deep in a big tournament for their country and England is the favourite according to the bookies

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its so stupid that Rashford is in the running for Young player of the season, the guy has been a pro for 6 years, has over 270 senior club appearances and 40 caps for his country.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Young player of season I'll say it's Mount but they'll prob give it it Dias.

Manager obviously Pep.

Player should be a City player but because it's split imagine Bruno will get it? Truth be told think he had more influence than other nominees. Fantastic penalty taker
I think they might give manager of the season to Moyes.

Kane will probably get the Player of the season but I can see them giving it to Dias and giving Foden the young player.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was mainly once we secured top 4, the players seemed to drop their heads and have their eye on the Euros, some really poor performances from some of the boys.
You'd think this was plainly obvious but obviously not.

Our season drops in form can be broken into 3 segments

No pre-season resulted in a slow start to the season for us
Mid-season our drop in performance coincided with losing Pogba to injury and us not having an adequate replacement for Pogba.
We clocked off with about 4 or 5 games to go

2 out of 3 are reversible with this current squad and the drop in form when we lost Pogba is reversible with new signings

To think we haven't progressed? LOL

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You'd think this was plainly obvious but obviously not.

Our season drops in form can be broken into 3 segments

No pre-season resulted in a slow start to the season for us
Mid-season our drop in performance coincided with losing Pogba to injury and us not having an adequate replacement for Pogba.
We clocked off with about 4 or 5 games to go

2 out of 3 are reversible with this current squad and the drop in form when we lost Pogba is reversible with new signings

To think we haven't progressed? LOL
Sounds like excuses to me Liverpool have 10000 injuries but it's an excuse to point that out, you've got an injury to Pogba and it's a reason why you drop do many points.

Completely agree that his loss meant you lost more points. Just be consistent with your analysis and leave the tribalism at the door

Don't think many people have said you haven't progressed. Obviously coming 2nd is progress, but is it enough in the current climate and conditions. That's what I think most people are trying to point out.

Considering your faltering competition and your relatively fit squad you should've done better. That's all.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Kane will probably get the Player of the season but I can see them giving it to Dias and giving Foden the young player.
Shit. Forgot about Kane. You're right. Foden is a class player. Got some good youngsters coming through. Mason. Mount. Foden

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rashford probably won't start which should spare him a bit... and you don't want players to miss out on a chance to go deep in a big tournament for their country and England is the favourite according to the bookies
Favs? Yeah right
De bruyne out do you know with his busted beak etc?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like excuses to me Liverpool have 10000 injuries but it's an excuse to point that out, you've got an injury to Pogba and it's a reason why you drop do many points.

Completely agree that his loss meant you lost more points. Just be consistent with your analysis and leave the tribalism at the door

Don't think many people have said you haven't progressed. Obviously coming 2nd is progress, but is it enough in the current climate and conditions. That's what I think most people are trying to point out.

Considering your faltering competition and your relatively fit squad you should've done better. That's all.
So you think we should of won the premier league against that city squad and their good fortune with little injury ?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Foden a shoe in surely