Reaction score
we'll open a can of whoop as on yas, and release our fists of fury.. err feet

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Manchester City offer $295m for Real Madrid keeper Iker Casillas

From correspondents in Madrid, Spain
December 03, 2008

REAL Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas has rejected a move to big-spending Manchester City, which was ready to pay a world record €150 million ($295m) for the Spanish international, Spanish media said.

Under the deal, Casillas would have received $26 million a year to play for the English Premier League side, bought in September by the Abu Dhabi United Group.

Private Spanish radio station Cadena Ser, which is usually well-informed, said Manchester City made the written offer to the player's agent Luis Garcia Abad.

It was not forwarded to Real as Casillas immediately rejected it, the radio said.

The offer would dwarf the current world record 76 million euros paid by Real Madrid to Juventus for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

Casillas, 27, nicknamed Saint Iker in Spain, is one of the world's best goalkeepers and played a leading role in Spain's Euro 2008 victory.

Seen as very loyal to Real, he currently receives around six million euros per year at the Spanish champions, and his contract with the club was extended last February through the 2016-17 season. The buyout clause in the contract is $295 million.

Manchester City's new Arab owners have shown they are ready to pay huge sums to attract international stars to the club.

Italian newspaper Gazetta dello Sport recently reported the club made an offer to sign Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon for $148 million.

Manchester City last summer acquired Brazilian striker Robinho for British record transfer fee of $82 million.

Spanish media said Wednesday Robinho has asked the club's owners to sign more big names, such as AC Milan's Kaka or Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo, winner of the 2008 Ballon d'Or award.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stupid, stupid amounts of money being talked about.

I must say, despite being a City fan, I'm not happy hearing about these reports and the astronomical, over the top fees being mentioned.

It won't be good for the game as a whole and certainly won't be good for the rest of Premier League if we start spending billions and assemble some fantasy all-star team full of superstars in every position.

This is Chelsea under Abramovich times 20.

I am excited about City signing star players and becoming a force, but the measures being taken and the transfer fees and wages being mentioned, well I hope they are merely tabloid hyperbole and nothing else.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
$295 million thats a spicey meatball, with these owners, it will soon be a joke, the gap between the richest teams and the poorer teams will be enormous, if they don't reduce the foreigners they might have to put a cap into play, something not outragously low, i mean the money being thrown to play a sport geez, money would be better off going somewhere where it makes a difference

A

Al.Bundy

This if true is also making citeh into a laughing stock (well more so than they all ready are - if that is possible :p). All that money and so many knock backs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This if true is also making citeh into a laughing stock (well more so than they all ready are - if that is possible :p). All that money and so many knock backs.
I'm sure even if we did pay 150 million Euros for a player it would still be much better value than the 30 million odd United paid for Berbatov! :D

By the way, did you see that your boy Huntelaar has a transfer with Real organised for January?

A

Al.Bundy

I'm sure even if we did pay 150 million Euros for a player it would still be much better value than the 30 million odd United paid for Berbatov! :D

By the way, did you see that your boy Huntelaar has a transfer with Real organised for January?
Yeah, not happy Jan. Guess we'll settle for David Villa

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

FFS Real piss off, stop taking our players u ****S

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My goodness. Another loss at home. Another loss fullstop.

I can't remember the last win we had in the Premier League aside from that Arsenal game.

We are now two points above the drop zone and every time after a loss Hughes seems way too calm and positive for my liking.

The form we have been in, surely he would have to fire a rocket up the team and blast them for their performances and try and get them to respond? Because the way he is communicating with them they sure as hell aren't responding!

I said we never should have fired Sven. At this time last year we were something like 16-20 points better off than we are now.

Hughes surely has to be on the hot seat and if he doesn't think he is he better wake up and realise the expectations there are at the club.

Actually even if we didn't have these owners and all of these high hopes, he would still be under fire to keep his job because we are two points above the drop zone!

Keegan, Pearce and Errickson all had worse teams and got much, much better results.

We have Blackburn, Hull and West Brom coming up. Blackburn and West Brom will both be absolutely desperate for results and won't be easy games. If we don't get at least 6 points from those three games though we could find ourselves in the drop zone and Hughes should find himself out of a job.

K

kennyy

Ah well thats what u get for supporting any little brothers lol

PS Death to Manchester, red and blue

K

kennyy

Ah well thats what u get for supporting any little brothers lol

PS Death to Manchester, red and blue

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
ahhhhhhh lost to west brom ... in the relegation zone ahhhhhhhh :grinning:

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
LOL 3-0 loss to nottingham

things are certainly moving on up for citeh

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FFS, losing 3 nil at home to Nottingham Forest.

How much worse can we go before Hughes loses his job?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i heard marcelo Lippi is the next best man for the job

Status
Not open for further replies.