The Manchester City Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be honest, yeah you guys can rub it in about us losing to United, and yes our position on the table right now is pathetic, but you know that this is a long term plan and it won't be until next season at the earliest, perhaps a year later until City are near where they aspire to be.

And with the money available, those aspirations will become a reality and we will see who is laughing then when none of the Big 4 can compete with the money we are throwing around and they are all complaining about the same thing they themselves have been doing to other smaller clubs in the EPL and all around the world for decades.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's doing with Kaka? BS media speculation or genuine interest?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's doing with Kaka? BS media speculation or genuine interest?
Probably a bit of both.

Who knows? He could be talking like this to try and get a bigger extension from Milan.

Either way, I don't think any club, no matter how rich, should spend the kind of money they are talking about on one player.

Way too much could go wrong with one player and if he injures himself, if he has a drop in form, if he doesn't adjust to the Premier League like many players don't...

All of those things are possible and are reasons why you don't pay 100 million for one player. Even if it is Kaka.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably a bit of both.

Who knows? He could be talking like this to try and get a bigger extension from Milan.

Either way, I don't think any club, no matter how rich, should spend the kind of money they are talking about on one player.

Way too much could go wrong with one player and if he injures himself, if he has a drop in form, if he doesn't adjust to the Premier League like many players don't...

All of those things are possible and are reasons why you don't pay 100 million for one player. Even if it is Kaka.
I was under the impression he just signed an extension with AC earlier this year anyway. I think it was 3 or 4 years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was under the impression he just signed an extension with AC earlier this year anyway. I think it was 3 or 4 years.
$$$$$$$$.

Players and their agents always want more of that.

When you get constant talk of 100million transfers about you, that usually drives up a players bargaining power and price, and changes the situation.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just assumed Serie A contracts meant more than the NRL ones is all....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just assumed Serie A contracts meant more than the NRL ones is all....
Haha, I'm sure they do.

I wouldn't mind settling for Lionel Messi as a consolation prize... :o

A

Al.Bundy

Thing with football contracts is that they have to be ratified by FIFA. And there is no real competing sport.

RL doesnt have a governing body and has a sport that players can walk into - RU.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
To be honest, yeah you guys can rub it in about us losing to United, and yes our position on the table right now is pathetic, but you know that this is a long term plan and it won't be until next season at the earliest, perhaps a year later until City are near where they aspire to be.

And with the money available, those aspirations will become a reality and we will see who is laughing then when none of the Big 4 can compete with the money we are throwing around and they are all complaining about the same thing they themselves have been doing to other smaller clubs in the EPL and all around the world for decades.
you'll be in the ****s if they reduce no. of foreigners in each team :D

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
THEY'LL be in the shts? Have you seen how many Poms we have in our squad? ONE!

LOL.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha, I actually don't mind that proposal tbh. And at least we have a great youth academy which produces players like SWP, Richards, Ireland, Hart etc. So in that regard we are better off than most Englsih clubs. Plus, if we have the biggest chequebooks, we can always but the next Rooney, Walcott etc like the big 4 always do.

THEY'LL be in the shts? Have you seen how many Poms we have in our squad? ONE!

LOL.
Haha, the Gunners would have to relocate to Valenciennes!

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
would they bother staying if they can't throw their giant checkbooks around?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
would they bother staying if they can't throw their giant checkbooks around?
Perhaps not. But they still could to an extent. They could still buy a great deal of Foreign players who are high profile. And then they could still sign the best English talent available by throwing their chequebooks around while beating every other club by signing the next big English youngsters from other Championship and Premier League clubs.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
imo throwing big money at youngsters so early will not be good, will become big headed and greedy.that being said, bout time city will actually match the top 4, too easy to gloat xD

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
imo throwing big money at youngsters so early will not be good, will become big headed and greedy.that being said, bout time city will actually match the top 4, too easy to gloat xD
Hey, we won two derbies last year baby!

And all of that already happens with youngsters.

United spent a tonne on Rooney from Everton, likewise Arsenal and Walcott with Southampton, same with Rio Ferdinand and players like Lampard, Cole, etc that were all bought from the Hammers and so on and so on.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
we still won comp and euro, unlike city :P our academy is still strong, united have always had most of their team filled with brits even with money throwing around

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we still won comp and euro, unlike city :P our academy is still strong, united have always had most of their team filled with brits even with money throwing around
Haha, someone has to hold those trophies until City claim them for the next decade! :o

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Haha, someone has to hold those trophies until City claim them for the next decade! :o
*hands you a feather duster* ya cabinet needs some dusting, city will win nothing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.