The Manchester City Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** hargreaves the twunt, first he blames bayern now us.

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
LMAO @ Tevez refusing to come on.

Speaking to SkySports about the situation, Mancini said: "I brought De Jong on for Dzeko because I wanted to calm everything down for five minutes, not concede a third goal and then afterwards put Carlos Tevez on the pitch.

“Then he refused to go in, he refused to come onto the pitch. For me it’s a bad situation because it is impossible for a player to refuse to play and help the team.

“He was disappointed that he didn’t play but we play with 11 players. To do that is just impossible.

“Tonight, in this game, we had a problem. Before we never had a problem - we started the season very well - all the players played but I can’t accept that one player refuses to go in.

“I cannot accept this.

"Edin Dzeko was disappointed to come off, but I believe the manager can do what he thinks is right.

“I thought it was important to do this - we play every three days - one player cannot play well every time so I thought it would be better to make this change.

“So with Edin [Dzeko], I need to speak with him.”

In his post-match press conference, Mancini’s comments all but spelt the end for Tevez and his time in Manchester as the former Inter seems to have finally lost all patience for the striker.

He added: "He is finished for me. If I had my way he’d be out of the club.”

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Oh dear... That would have been embarrassing for mancino and carloth teveth

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont blame Tevez..... I wouldn't want to play for them either hahahaha

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Man City are officially in crisis
Roberto Mancini says Carlos Tevez is finished at Manchester City if he has his way after the striker refused to come off the bench in Munich.

Last Updated: 27/09/11 at 23:12 Post Comment

RSS Feed Bookmark with del.icio.us Save to iGoogle Save to My Yahoo Submit to reddit Share on StumbleUpon Tevez: Refused to go on
1 of 1

Edin Dzeko was replaced by Nigel de Jong in the second half of the 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich and soon after the City boss asked Tevez to warm up, but Mancini claims he refused to do as he had been asked.

Mancini now believes Tevez's position at the club is untenable.

Asked if Tevez was finished at City, Mancini said: "I don't decide this, but if I did, then yes.

"I helped Carlos for two years but I cannot accept this behaviour."

Tevez, speaking through an interpreter, gave little away. In an interview with Sky Sports News he said: "I have been professional during all my time here.

"Last season I was the top scorer and I wanted to leave for family reasons - but I keep trying to do my best."

Tevez has had a tempestuous couple of years at City but this marks a new low. Mancini is clearly fuming and it is difficult to see how there can be any way back for the 27-year-old now.

"He just refused to go on. I don't know why," said Mancini.

"I cannot be happy with this situation. Would something like this happen at Bayern Munich, AC Milan or Manchester United?

"I am the manager. I decide everything.

"I have helped him every time for two years, he has wanted to leave but I still picked him.

"The thing is there were still 30 minutes until the end of the game. We could still change it.

"Carlos didn't play at the start of the season because he has not had a pre-season for three years. He was not ready to play.

"If it was another player may be this could happen but for a player to refuse to go on in an important game like this is not right."

This would have been bad enough had it been the only problem Mancini had to deal with.

However, there was also the problem of striker Edin Dzeko shaking his head at Mancini as he was replaced by Nigel de Jong 10 minutes into the second half.

It was that change that angered Tevez, who was left on the bench throughout his side's Premier League win over Everton on Saturday, and it appeared Dzeko was equally annoyed.

"He was disappointed but he played a bad game," said Mancini.

"I wanted to keep the score down and not concede a third goal.

"It is the last time any player at this club does that."

Amid the carnage, City were fortunate their defeat was contained to just two first-half strikes from Mario Gomez.

It could have been far more. But the aftermath will be dominated by Tevez and assistant manager David Platt insists Mancini is the right man to deal with it.

"We are not going to lie. What happened happened," said the former England skipper.

"Roberto will sleep on it and look at it and dealt with it in the way he sees fit."

Tevez later told Sky Sports 2 via an interpreter: "I have been professional during all the time here.

"Last season I was the best scorer and put my opinion through that I wanted to leave because of family reasons.

"But I keep trying to do my best."

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol both their strikers (Aguero and Dzeko) are in the top three highest premier league goal scorers so far this season, Aguero being on double what fourth is on, and they're supposedly in crisis?

Tevez having another dummy spit is nothing to be concerned about as it's become very common with him nowadays. I mean people would chew off an arm and a leg to play for the likes of Man U and Man City and he's doing the same to leave there. I say good riddance and i'm glad Arsenal didn't sign him :p

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good on Mancini for finally saying "f**k off, we've had enough of your sh*t and we don't need you anymore".

Now he can sit on the bench and not play for another 3 months. Serves him right. He acts like a child all of the time and will now be treated like a child.

Like Mancini said, he's been very patient with him, played him despite his behaviour and carrying on for two seasons and this is how he repays him? He's not worth the hassle and especially considering how Aguero has filled in, we're in no need anymore for him to play. So we hold all of the cards Mr. Tevez and I hope you're happy now not playing at all.

Against Bayern we started well but Dzeko since his four goals at Spurs has looked as bad and awkward as he did all of last season and Yaya is just so f**king lazy in defence it kills me. The amount of times he's two metres away from a player in shooting range and refuses to even try and close him down is alarming.

That's why they scored the first goal because he just let Ribery shoot from just on the box. Then Kolo refuses to get on the right side of Gomez just in case and he knocks in a second from 1 yard out. After those goals, the response was bad from the team and we'll never do anything in the league or CL with that mentality. We can't always play from in front, have things our own way and expect an easy time.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
dont think Tevez cares if he plays or not. He's getting paid and he wants to leave, now in the next transfer window he will get his wish.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
According to carloth teveth... He denies that he refused to play and claims there were confusion on the sidelone

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silva had a 10/10 game against the Mancs...that volleyed through ball for Dzeko between two United defenders was phenomenal

Aguero will be the buy of the season,and Balotelli finally looks like reaching his potential...

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
City were the better team and they deserved the win, they really hammered us in all aspects.

Good game.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
MAJOR Lols @ Balotelli's under garment: "Why always me?".

:roflol: :roflol:

Malla

Reaction score
We're chasing Reus who is in fine form for the Borussia M's. Hope we finally give Tevez the flick .. we don't need him.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how good is balotelli ? deadset, his goal for italy was a little finesse and he scored as if it was nothing. he has the potential to be one of the best players in the world imo

Malla

Reaction score
how good is balotelli ? deadset, his goal for italy was a little finesse and he scored as if it was nothing. he has the potential to be one of the best players in the world imo
that was amazing, made the ball dip right after it passed the keeper almost to the point where it hit the ground before it hit the net .. great player, needs to stay focused .. on the field, off the field he's a goon but who cares

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of my relatives is a scout for the mighty Hull City. Head over there and I'll try get him to hook you up lol

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill be a scout for any pro team srs, then i could get in with sir alex tell him all the hot prospects ive found instead of telling the team that has me employed.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill just look up my scouts recommendations on football manager if i was a scout tbh

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Im just wondering...

If they are looking at expanding the City of Manchester stadium to 60k, how are they going to fill it up when they cant even fill 40k?

Status
Not open for further replies.