The Manchester City Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sick of the style we play. Mancini is far too negative to pick up 3 points every game. The same thing as last year will happen. Even in games against weak oposition we struggle to dominate posession and assert dominance. Anything we ever do is on the break. It's quite hard to win a title that way creating a few legit chances per game.

United were all over us the opening 30 minutes and the whole game. Their width and passing was great and we couldn't even keep possession. Balotelli just infuriates me. You so rarely see the talent he has that it's nowhere near worth even playing him in more than a game against lesser opposition. He can't be trusted. His lack of work ethic is astounding. Dzeko doesn't exactly close people down or fight for the ball either. Plus, I still have heart palpitations every time Lescott is on the field.

Why we don't go after a proven centre defender astounds me. We have Kompany and that's it. Richards doesn't exactly fill you with confidence with his stupid challenges either.

How people talk us up for the title is beyond me. Until we get a great creative mid, another centre back at least and start playing Johnson ahead of Balotelli we'll be lucky to match the 3rd place of last year.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dzeko is overrated imo. Has done pretty much nothing for City since being there, and even though its a new adjustment and that crap, he doesn't look like he has the speed or technical ability to do well in a league like the epl. Balotelli on the other hand, ***ing crazy talent but no brains !

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its amazing what happens when you dont use negative tactics..

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What was I saying about Dzeko again? Something about giving him time to adapt because he is a quality striker with all the attributes to dominate in the PL?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What was I saying about Dzeko again? Something about giving him time to adapt because he is a quality striker with all the attributes to dominate in the PL?
When I was watching our game against Bolton, even Swansea and especially Spurs obviously I thought about what you said and how right you were.

His hold up play has been first class, his layoffs and touches to the likes of Silva, Aguero and now Nasri have been perfect and his finishing with true poachers goals have been great. What we've always needed, even with Tevez, was a tall target and true physical, aerial threat that could hold play up. Instead we always had a bunch of midgets who would have to play from deep inside their own half.

Now, with Dzeko, we can hold the ball up and get numbers forward really quickly. And with Aguero, Silva and Nasri lurking about, we give every team massive headaches and teams just won't be able to handle us.

With the latest two signings and the way we're playing, I now think we're really going to challenge and have a huge few years. And thankfully Mancini is being proactive and positive for once. Hopefully he does that in the biggest games against United and Chelsea etc.

My only remaining worry is central defence. Kompany is one of the best in the world IMO but Lescott gives me heart attacks. Why we haven't gotten another world class centre back to go with Kompany to truly complete the team is beyond me.

And, oh yeah, I think the Clichy signing is a steal. He offers so much going forward and is so much faster and more skilled than Kolarov that he's making us even deadlier on the counter. And as much as Clichy cops it for being out of position, he's still a better defender than Kolarov.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont see how de jong and barry are gonna get back into the team.

(i dont watch city so i have nfi if they played the last match)

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Barry has played alright so far this season and De Jong is injured

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
dont see how de jong and barry are gonna get back into the team.

(i dont watch city so i have nfi if they played the last match)

Barry has started all 3 games and has actually played really well as one of the two defensive mids with Yaya.

I have always felt Barry has offered very little since coming to City but since not having to do anything attacking wise, he's closed the gaps in defence and helped the defenders a lot.

De Jong is always in the running because of how much energy he brings and his work rate.

I just hope that in the big games Mancini doesn't play all three of Barry, De Jong and Toure like in the past.

Although, with huge names like Silva, Aguero and Nasri now all playing well, you would like to think he'd keep the midfield as is.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
with a midfielder like yaya toure you only need him +1 in midfield, shouldnt need three.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
with a midfielder like yaya toure you only need him +1 in midfield, shouldnt need three.
Yeah exactly. I think Barry and De Jon will rotate as being the other and sometimes both will play with Toure getting a rest.

Again, now with Nasri, Aguero, Silva, Tevez, Dzeko, Toure, Barry, De Jong etc as the main guys and Balotelli, Milner, Johnson etc as backups in the striker/midfield departments, we really are finally looking deadly and have the right balance to potentially win it all.

Two weeks ago before getting Ageuro and Nasri I thought we'd finish third at best. Now that we keep Tevez as well and with Dzeko finding great form.... It's a crazy team.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Richards Lescott/Toure Kompany Clichy
Nasri Toure Silva
Aguero Dzeko Tevez

That line up is deadly considering at least six of those players have been showing devastating form. Mancini really has the squad to win it all, let's see if he can get them to play as a team and performing consistently.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha. He's only signing as backup for Yaya when he goes to the African Cup Of Nations , would be on absolutely nothing and probably will never play but if he somehow does regain his fitness, confidence and shows some form then he could be a good signing as a rotation player for no money at all. No risk and medium reward signing.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Btrain, you are the only City fan I like thus far. :D Just thought I'd mention that.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Very positive first game for Hargreaves. Scored a goal from 22 yards out also.

Status
Not open for further replies.