Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly as you said. Will be interesting in that midfield.
It all depends on Keita in this game I think. If he can maintain structure, and shape then we'll have a good chance of winning. They pull himout of position, and the other half being Jones .... I think we could struggle.

Going to be an interesting one to watch for sure!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Actually. Probably would've played SHaq in front of Jones personally but he's out injured too. Forgot about him. Anyone know how long he's out injured for?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Doign OK so far. 2-0 up at halftime. Take that.

Again the decision making of Mane has been a little off. Could've easily have had 1 or 2 more. Leicester haven't done much, but we're still giving them a little too much space in the middle.

Milner has been great at RB so far. Gotta have Gini, Keita and JOnes tighten up that middle though. Too much space.

Half to go. Let's get an early one to push us further in front. Not sure it'll happen though. Expect a really really tough second half.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Doign OK so far. 2-0 up at halftime. Take that.

Again the decision making of Mane has been a little off. Could've easily have had 1 or 2 more. Leicester haven't done much, but we're still giving them a little too much space in the middle.

Milner has been great at RB so far. Gotta have Gini, Keita and JOnes tighten up that middle though. Too much space.

Half to go. Let's get an early one to push us further in front. Not sure it'll happen though. Expect a really really tough second half.
Dude ok is a bit of a harsh summation. We have been pretty dominant. Leicester have really only had 1 clear cut chance otherwise they have barely got a look in!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dude ok is a bit of a harsh summation. We have been pretty dominant. Leicester have really only had 1 clear cut chance otherwise they have barely got a look in!!
Ha. Yes, of course. Sorry. It was a harsh summation. But I stick to it in that I think we should've scored a few more. High expectations of this team ;)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should be up 7-0.
What an awesome performance from a fantastic football team.
They are a joy to watch.
YNWA
That was some performance considering the players out, and the lack of rest a majority of them had from international duty. Absolutely outplayed, and outclassed one of the form teams of the EPL atm.

Keita's injury is a big blow ... fucking hell that guy is forever injured. Imagine he's out for a good 2-3 weeks at least now!

Credit to that team tho. Fucking mentality monsters.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How the fuck Bobby didn't score before that header though. FUcking hell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just finished watching the game, very good performance. Jota is basically our front 3 combined at this point lol, Cujo, Gini and Naby we're very strong in midfield for the most part... unfortunate about Naby, physically he looks good and makes some great runs and then bam he goes down...

Bobby looked miles better and was linking up much better with the midfield and frontline, Robbo gives me a stiffy while Fabinho just slots into CB so easily, is he even a DM playing CB or is he a CB that played DM?!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just finished watching the game, very good performance. Jota is basically our front 3 combined at this point lol, Cujo, Gini and Naby we're very strong in midfield for the most part... unfortunate about Naby, physically he looks good and makes some great runs and then bam he goes down...

Bobby looked miles better and was linking up much better with the midfield and frontline, Robbo gives me a stiffy while Fabinho just slots into CB so easily, is he even a DM playing CB or is he a CB that played DM?!
Yeah Fabinho needs to be a CB from now on who plays a little DM when needed.

Keita hadn't played for 5 weeks and then his international coach plays him 2 full games the past 10 days. That's why he got injured again.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Teah Fabinho needs to be a CB from now on who plays a little DM when needed.

Keita hadn't played for 5 weeks and then his international coach plays him 2 full games the past 10 days. That's why he got injured again.
It will be interesting to see what Klopp does when everyones back, though we probably won't see that for a while lol. Happy for him to play either role.

International break always fucks him, same as Shaqiri. It's like the club needs to monitor them 24/7 and if they don't something almost always goes wrong.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what Klopp does when everyones back, though we probably won't see that for a while lol. Happy for him to play either role.

International break always fucks him, same as Shaqiri. It's like the club needs to monitor them 24/7 and if they don't something almost always goes wrong.
We were overloaded in midfield at the start of the season.

Currently we've got Gini, Jones, Milner (who'll be playing right back most of the time) and potentially Minamino.

That's Hendo, Thiago, OX, Fabinho (CB), Shaq, Keita all out. Madness.

We had Trent, Gomez, VVD, Thiago, Hendo, and Salah all out last night. 6 who would've been starting the game if fit. And we still got an incredibly impressive win.

Going by Klopp's comments after the game (fuck he gave it to the TV broadcasters), it seems as though he's going to make mas changes for the Brighton game on Saturday. They've gotta rest both CBs soon. I'd say one per game. Plus Gini. He's just come back from internationals (3 I think).

Minamino really needs to step up I think. Absolute shame about Shaq as he would've got alot of game time. Hope he's fit soon! Anyone know about his injury?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
At full strength our best lineup would be 1 of these 3:

A)

Alisson

TAA
Fabinho
VVD
Robertson

Henderson
Thiago

Jota
Firmino
Mane

Salah

B)

Alisson

TAA
Fabinho
VVD
Robertson

Henderson
Thiago
Wijnaldum/Keita

Jota
Mane
Salah

C)

Alisson

TAA
Gomez
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago

Jota
Mane
Salah

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At full strength our best lineup would be 1 of these 3:

A)

Alisson

TAA
Fabinho
VVD
Robertson

Henderson
Thiago

Jota
Firmino
Mane

Salah

B)

Alisson

TAA
Fabinho
VVD
Robertson

Henderson
Thiago
Wijnaldum/Keita

Jota
Mane
Salah

C)

Alisson

TAA
Gomez
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago

Jota
Mane
Salah
Gotta have Fabinho in the midfield though, surely?

Will be interesting seeing how he goes about the midfield as I think the back 4 and front 3 are pretty much decided? On form you'd have to start jota over Firmino.

So how does he go about the midfield? Or he changes formation, as you've done above, and goes with a front four?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gotta have Fabinho in the midfield though, surely?

Will be interesting seeing how he goes about the midfield as I think the back 4 and front 3 are pretty much decided? On form you'd have to start jota over Firmino.

So how does he go about the midfield? Or he changes formation, as you've done above, and goes with a front four?
He did that in the biggest game of the season so far aginst Man City. I'd prefer a front 3 and just rotate the 4 from game to game. Literally every game a different person rests.