Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There pressing is killing us
We've just been so slow across the park. So slow. Gotta step it up a gear the 2nd half, surely? They're there to be taken. We win this game, and we're through to the next round. I'd start taking some risks ...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We've just been so slow across the park. So slow. Gotta step it up a gear the 2nd half, surely? They're there to be taken. We win this game, and we're through to the next round. I'd start taking some risks ...
Yes we're very sluggish. Movement almost non existent.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bobby, Jota and Fabinho on?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wasn't Gini fouled before that goal? Ffs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klopp fucked up starting Origi, no idea why he got a run ahead of Taki.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp fucked up starting Origi, no idea why he got a run ahead of Taki.
HAve to agree with this. Really don't understand why he played him at all. Just did nothing if I'm honest, but looking at all of those '2nd string' players none of them took their chance.

Both goals were easily avoided, but bad defending let them in. We were thoroughly outplayed. No doubt about it.

In saying that, was always going to come. We looked cooked. Thoroughly done. None of that pressing. Intensity. Passion. We were a ghost of our usual selves. It's a worrying sign as we've got an incredible busy month and a half ahead of us. Hopefullly Thiago & Hendo coming back will bring some relief!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta hope that Hendo & Thiago are available on Saturday as our midfield looked absolutely shot. Mane also needs a rest. He was done.

Personally I'd go with:

Allison; Milner, Fab, Nat Phillips, Robbo; Thiago, Hendo; Jones, Bobby (Minamino), Jota; Salah

Though I've got a feeling that one of Thiago or Hendo won't start, so who knows who goes into midfield instead of them. Without those two and we're in trouble imo as Gini's fucked and can't do another game there.

Reckon Minimino will start also actually.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lucky you blokes arnt in the group of death
Otherwise you be concentrating on the PL

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We love to make it hard for ourselves. We di the same thing in the last CL campaign.
Our performance was very flat today, from the start of the match.
Our next CL game is home to Ajax and last matchday away in Denmark. Would have loved to mathematically qualified today but not to be.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We love to make it hard for ourselves. We di the same thing in the last CL campaign.
Our performance was very flat today, from the start of the match.
Our next CL game is home to Ajax and last matchday away in Denmark. Would have loved to mathematically qualified today but not to be.
Never the easy way with Liverpool :grinning:

Short-term it's obviously not nice to lose. NO matter what team we put on the paddock, there's a certain level we need to expect and we were far off it. Even though we lost 2-0, we weren't unbelievably outplayed and the goals they scored really came down to bad marking from our 2nd stringers. No excuse, but it's not the end of the world.

The concern is really why we had absolutely no penetration. Lacked anything in the final third. But I guess we really can't be surprised when there was no Robbo, Trent, Keita, Shaq, Thiago, Hendo, or OX in the team. All of who are the ones that create stuff in that area of the pitch, especially the fullbacks.

Thought the Greek fella went OK actually, apart from his lapse in concentation for one of their goals. The first one I think? Hopefully Thiago and Hendo get some game time on Saturday!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I thought Tsimikas wasnt that bad. Neco Williams seemed to struggle more but wasn’t subbed.
I thought Klopp would sub Williams and put Milner straight back .
Robbo came on on and he didn’t really fair much better.
the whole team looked flat.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I thought Tsimikas wasnt that bad. Neco Williams seemed to struggle more but wasn’t subbed.
I thought Klopp would sub Williams and put Milner straight back .
Robbo came on on and he didn’t really fair much better.
the whole team looked flat.
Yeah you're definitely right about neco etc. I would've made the subs like you said personall.

During the first half klopp apparently gave it continually to the greek lad. So guess he wasn't happy? His positional play, marking, and passing? I didn't hear it, just read a journo talking about it.

Just flat. You have those games, especially when the team is so depleted and tired. Not overly upset about the result tbh.

I'll be concerned if we don't see a reaction on Sat. We lose that one and I'll start to worry.

Don't think we will tho. Don't think we will.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hendo apparently back in full training. Too late to start on Saturday? Man. Where the fuck is Thiago though?