Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He did that in the biggest game of the season so far aginst Man City. I'd prefer a front 3 and just rotate the 4 from game to game. Literally every game a different person rests.
Agree with the front 3 and rotating.

This year is going to be decided by the squad, and I think if we maintain our form till the new year we're going to be very hard to beat. Prob is that we'll have more injuries coming up. No way players like Gini, Mane, Jota etc. can keep up their fitness on the back of internationals, plus no rest. We desperately need to rest some players but ... ?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The next 6-8 weeks are crucial. We can't be dropping points against anyone and we play Tottenham twice in almost 8 weeks

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree with the front 3 and rotating.

This year is going to be decided by the squad, and I think if we maintain our form till the new year we're going to be very hard to beat. Prob is that we'll have more injuries coming up. No way players like Gini, Mane, Jota etc. can keep up their fitness on the back of internationals, plus no rest. We desperately need to rest some players but ... ?
We play 6 EPL and 2 UCL games just in december.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The next 6-8 weeks are crucial. We can't be dropping points against anyone and we play Tottenham twice in almost 8 weeks
We can afford to drop points because everyone will be dropping points. It's not like other years.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. Yeah, true. Just surprised with liverpool doing so well there isn't more talking about them ...

Chelsea are doing alright? Thought Werner would've hit form sooner, but he'll get there. Ziyech has been in pretty good form.

You just need to hope you keep lampard long enough to provide some stability for the club. You guys will go ok this year.
Yeah man, Werner has been enormous, his work off the ball is unbelievable and throw in his pace and he is a beast in the making in the PL.

The key though has been Silva and Mendy, calmness at the back and Silva marshalling the defence.

Great to see Rudiger back on the weekend also, don’t get the hate he cops, he’s a great defender....

Your boys looked strong again, sadly they‘re not fading away like I’d hoped :weary:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree with you on this. This time to the new year will decide the season. We stay in the race till the new year I think we'll run away with it.

Concern now is getting more injuries. Either Fabinho or Matip getting injured now and we're fucked. Like proper fucked.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah Tottenham will get on a roll.
Even though Spurs actually have a pretty decent squad, an injury to either Son or Kane and they'll be in trouble. Can this keep this up for the whole year? I've got my doubts, but this is their BIG chance to win it imo. Any other year and Liverpool would've run away with this already.

Crucial that we stay with Spurs, and beat them too. We play them twice in the EPL? Fuck. That's a massive game with those guys. Just as it is with the other top 6.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though Spurs actually have a pretty decent squad, an injury to either Son or Kane and they'll be in trouble. Can this keep this up for the whole year? I've got my doubts, but this is their BIG chance to win it imo. Any other year and Liverpool would've run away with this already.

Crucial that we stay with Spurs, and beat them too. We play them twice in the EPL? Fuck. That's a massive game with those guys. Just as it is with the other top 6.
I think we will be sitting pretty on-top of the league come the new year but just need to get there first

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we will be sitting pretty on-top of the league come the new year but just need to get there first
Missed your positivity mate! Agree.

Leicester game was a massive massive yardstick. The fact we went into that game with 6 regular 1st teamers and our best players out, but still absolutely fucking bossed the game ... says a lot. Said before if we won we'd go onto win the league, and I still feel that.

In my opinion, the only thing stopping us from getting another title are more key injuries. Hopefully they'll re-inttroduce the 5 sub rule which I think will make a difference. Hopefully Klopp's rant(s) on scheduling finall bears some fruit, but I doubt it!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watched that game back again. Really impressed with Jones the 2nd viewing. I think I was a little harsh watching live as for the few chances Leicester had in the first half, I felt that he wasn't disciplined enough with his positional play, but even though this might've been true I think by and large he was exceptional actually. Very calm on the ball and didn't panic. Looks a proper player which is especially great for us in this time when there are so many injuries. Expect to see a lot of him over this Christmas period.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's your lineup for tomorrow lads?

Seem as though Hendo, Shaq & Thiago definitely won't make it. Gotta rest some players though hard to know who?

Allison; Neco, Rhys, Matip, Tsimikas; Milner, Gini, Jones; Jota, Taki, Salah

And then against Brighton on Saturday
Allison; Milner, Fab, Nat Phillips, Robbo; Thiago, Hendo; Mane, Bobby, Jota; Salah

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What's your lineup for tomorrow lads?

Seem as though Hendo, Shaq & Thiago definitely won't make it. Gotta rest some players though hard to know who?

Allison; Neco, Rhys, Matip, Tsimikas; Milner, Gini, Jones; Jota, Taki, Salah

And then against Brighton on Saturday
Allison; Milner, Fab, Nat Phillips, Robbo; Thiago, Hendo; Mane, Bobby, Jota; Salah
Something like that..but I think Fabinho will start tomorrow because we might be scared of Matip breaking lol.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wish I could predict a line up for tomorrow but who knows wtf Klopp is thinking atm
Imagine he's cursing at the fixture pileup! lol

Without doubt he'll be looking to rest a number of key players. Matip. Fab. Robbo. Gini. Mane. Jota. Firmino. He needs to rest these guys over the next two games.

I'd say there's a possibility one or two Liverpool players will only be playing 45 mins today with the 5 sub rule in Europe. Maybe Fab half and Matip half? Possibly also Robbo only half too?

Really gotta be careful with Gini as he's played A LOT of football

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mane playing again and Origi starting? Hmmm

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've been pretty ineffective if I'm being honest. Just lacking the quickness, sharpness that we're used to but I guess it's to be expected considering how many changes have been made.

First change I'd make is Origi off. Been just off the pace. Looking forward to this second half, and hopefully ... a better performance.