The I’m sorry Jeremy Marshall King thread

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His only looking good cause we are winning, still makes dumb decisions especially on the last.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prolly like every other player we dumped in the past five years, trained them up, then released them.
Out recruitment has been so poor the guys we release are either in the reserves or out of the league all together because nobody wants them

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually would of been the perfect 14 for us . Could of given Mahoney a spell for 15 to 20 minutes per game and then played a roaming role

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a bit over the top. JMK has been much improved since Potter but he still takes a lot of bad attacking options and looks clueless in attack Mahoney is a thousand times better and these days every premiership winning team needs a gun no.9
100%

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Im not sorry. He had plenty of time to play like this. Under 2 coaches. It’s only when he signed with the dolphins he started playing like this. Fuck him
Umm if he put his best foot forward and started playing his best AFTER he signed a new contract to go elsewhere, that just proves he’s a bloke of hood character. He could have just played in cruise control knowing his future was sorted if he wanted.

The truth is he’s a talented player who has been hamstrung by a dud ciach snd shorty structures. He’s only going to get better.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s a bit over the top. JMK has been much improved since Potter but he still takes a lot of bad attacking options and looks clueless in attack Mahoney is a thousand times better and these days every premiership winning team needs a gun no.9
Mahoney has taken more than his share of bad options this year. His form has been patchy at best. I think he’s a very good player and look forward to him coming to Belmore, but it never ceases to amaze me how you guys overlook the flaws of those you admire and undersell the attributes of those you malign. Kiraz’ first try today was a direct result of a great bit of vision and game awareness from JMK. He has scored and set up plenty this year.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As good as he had been lately and yesterday he was class rather in all honesty I'd like to see what Mahoney could do with this style of rolling forward footy and upbeat defensive line before making judgement.

Still wish we kept him around the club as he is a typical bulldog.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Umm if he put his best foot forward and started playing his best AFTER he signed a new contract to go elsewhere, that just proves he’s a bloke of hood character. He could have just played in cruise control knowing his future was sorted if he wanted.

The truth is he’s a talented player who has been hamstrung by a dud ciach snd shorty structures. He’s only going to get better.
Just means he is excited to be elsewhere next season. And he needs to put his best foot forward for Bennett who loves a running dummy half in his teams.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry it took till the last weeks of his time with us

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mahoney has taken more than his share of bad options this year. His form has been patchy at best. I think he’s a very good player and look forward to him coming to Belmore, but it never ceases to amaze me how you guys overlook the flaws of those you admire and undersell the attributes of those you malign. Kiraz’ first try today was a direct result of a great bit of vision and game awareness from JMK. He has scored and set up plenty this year.

JMK's only strong attributes are his incredible defence and his running game, his service out of DH is mediocre at best and downright disgrace at worst, he can barely pass from left to right properly and looks clueless more often than not in the opposition 20. Take nothing away with how drastically he's improved but he is nowhere near Mahoney's level who at his best looks like an Origin No.9 and on his worst day is still a great deal better than JMK on his worst day.

It's the same thing with Flannagan, he has played out of his skin for a player of his talent level but we should never settle for good enough in our spine, you need absolute stars or potential stars in these positions and both Flannagan and JMK will never reach these heights (Happy to eat my words if JMK manages it with Bennett at the Dolphins) but going by what we have seen so far they are solid players at best.