The I’m sorry Jeremy Marshall King thread

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely been playing well but still quite often takes the wrong option,reed is definitely what we need our backline will love the service he will provide

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
JMK's only strong attributes are his incredible defence and his running game, his service out of DH is mediocre at best and downright disgrace at worst, he can barely pass from left to right properly and looks clueless more often than not in the opposition 20. Take nothing away with how drastically he's improved but he is nowhere near Mahoney's level who at his best looks like an Origin No.9 and on his worst day is still a great deal better than JMK on his worst day.

It's the same thing with Flannagan, he has played out of his skin for a player of his talent level but we should never settle for good enough in our spine, you need absolute stars or potential stars in these positions and both Flannagan and JMK will never reach these heights (Happy to eat my words if JMK manages it with Bennett at the Dolphins) but going by what we have seen so far they are solid players at best.
JMK has literally been better than Mahoney for most of this year. I agree Mahoney is better at his best, but to say he is better at his worst than JMK at his best is just ridiculous hyperbole, bro. His service is nowhere beat as bad as you say . It has improved a lot this year and I’ll bet he will improve even more under Bennett. Bennett doesn’t sign players to play key positions if he doesn’t think they are talented.,

As far as Flano goes, who is out there that is a) available, and b) affordable to us right now? Some of you are like broken records with the he’s not good enough stuff. Fact is he’s our best option right now.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sorry that JMK wasted all those years with mediocre performances and only when he signed on with the Dolphins did he decide to pull his finger out!!! Old saddle bags Skeletor watching.

Who did play tgeir best footy under Barrett? It’s tone you faced reality and accepted that no player is going to perform to potential without the right mentorship and direction, mate. The fact that JMK has put in so much effort after signing elsewhere is a credit to him. Could have easily just coasted through the remainder of the year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just means he is excited to be elsewhere next season. And he needs to put his best foot forward for Bennett who loves a running dummy half in his teams.
Bennett already signed him. Clearly he did something to impress him before that point, right?

JMK has always tried his guts out for us. The reality is our coaching in recent years hasn’t helped his development….and most of you guys aren’t the best judges of unharnessed talent.

It amazes me how some of you are so stubborn. Just give credit where it’s due, ffs! Lol

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JMK has literally been better than Mahoney for most of this year. I agree Mahoney is better at his best, but to say he is better at his worst than JMK at his best is just ridiculous hyperbole, bro. His service is nowhere beat as bad as you say . It has improved a lot this year and I’ll bet he will improve even more under Bennett. Bennett doesn’t sign players to play key positions if he doesn’t think they are talented.,

As far as Flano goes, who is out there that is a) available, and b) affordable to us right now? Some of you are like broken records with the he’s not good enough stuff. Fact is he’s our best option right now.
I agree Flannagan as of now is our best option, wasn't disputing that but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking at juniors or finding potential players to replace him, because he is unlikely to lead us to a premiership.

Bennett isn't always the supercoach people make him out to be, he failed pretty miserably at the Knights. Also you need to read my post more carefully, Mahoney at his worst is better than JMK at his worst.

JMK might've improved drastically since Barrett left but he is still to me at best a solid player, again i'll eat my words next year if he happens to kick on and become a star at the Dolphins but his time has left a lot to be desired. You could argue that JMK has been better in the past few rounds where Parra have slumped and Mahoney has been returning from injury, but even then it's still a stretch. But JMK through the first 10 -12 rounds was pretty darn horrible

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has been good. Still think Reed is a better player but JMK has it over him in Defense. Jmk is solid asf in the middle.

He takes the wrong option at times but no doubt he has been one of our best this year. Wayne will get him going even better, I'd say, next year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bennett signing him is a tick I reckon, bloke knows a thing or two about footy players...
I wish him well too hope he kills it up there, passing is a flaw tho maybe overstated but what I don't get is why over the years his superstar cuz wasn't more helpful in this regard, to be fair idk may be JMK was stubborn and knocked back said on the side additional development/coaching.

For a while now this year he has been going terriffic can't see why that won't continue, he never dogs it and always has a crack.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bennett signing him is a tick I reckon, bloke knows a thing or two about footy players...
I wish him well too hope he kills it up there, passing is a flaw tho maybe overstated but what I don't get is why over the years his superstar cuz wasn't more helpful in this regard, to be fair idk may be JMK was stubborn and knocked back said on the side additional development/coaching.

For a while now this year he has been going terriffic can't see why that won't continue, he never dogs it and always has a crack.
He's been killing it since Baz got sacked, not quality or elite or anything like that but he's actually good value now considering what he's on. It's a shame really.

Dan2

Waterboy
Reaction score
On a thread in the past i said that JMK is a good player when thinks run first like he is actually doing now.

The more interesting point is that JMK performances improved at the exact same week Coach Potter brought Docker-Clay into first team training. From that point on he had direct competition for the starting 9 jersey.

Die For The Badge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just came on here to say I am sorry Jeremy. You have been our best player this season and it took such a long time to see how good you could of been. All the best at the dolphins but that jersey is going to look really ugly on you ...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just came on here to say I am sorry Jeremy. You have been our best player this season and it took such a long time to see how good you could of been. All the best at the dolphins but that jersey is going to look really ugly on you ...
And thst is how you give an apology! Take note la familiars

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The big thing that Mahoney has over JMK is vision IMO. Second thing is that Mahoney seems to have far better ball distribution.

JMK has a far better running game. And as much as that can be exciting to watch. I think it's a far better thing to have a good ball distributer with vision. If we assume that good ball distribution adds a little bit of pace to every forwards run, more time for the halves with the ball, and more space for the outside backs to move. It beats a single player making good runs from dummy half hands down.

I wouldn't have minded keeping JMK for depth, but I don't begrudge him for wanting to continue as a starting #9 by moving to the Dolphins.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If we asked bennett he had a choice between mahoney and jmk. It would be no brainer. Good luck mate hope you do well over there.

doggiesfan30

New Pup
Reaction score
Would've been cool for JMK to come on for the last 10-15 in a more dynamic role. But he's good enough to be a starting hooker, so I hope he kills it!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's been killing it since Baz got sacked, not quality or elite or anything like that but he's actually good value now considering what he's on. It's a shame really.
I think Baz did to JMK what Hasler did to Lichaa - e.g. pass and tackle only.. running the ball is unacceptable

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry we didn’t sign a hooker earlier moving jmk to 7 and never signing Flanagan, but hey now we get to move forward

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m sorry we didn’t sign a hooker earlier moving jmk to 7 and never signing Flanagan, but hey now we get to move forward
JMK was worse at half if its possible haha