The I’m sorry Jeremy Marshall King thread

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol yeah, Reed was the reason Parra made the grand final last year. He wasn’t even one of their six most influential players.

I peddle misery? That’s just not true. In fact, there have been times when I have been optimistic while the rest of you were all doom and gloom.

I’m as pleased with Kiraz’s form as anybody. But a few breakout players like Kiraz, Alamoti and Preston aren’t going to win us premierships. The grand final wins won’t start coming until the club starts making better decisions. Letting JMK go was a bad decision.
Maybe with that goldfish mindset, you’re just a bit slower than most.

I don’t think you notice Reeds competitiveness, his long passing game, his passing game straight off the ground, his speedy ball distribution, his decision making, he’s workload, his leadership qualities, you only notice that he’s not a running type 9 like JMK, yes JMK can run the ball and I like him as a player but he’s nowhere near as good at all those other points that a nine needs to have.

Give Reed back his starting props and better bench rotation and you’ll see him come into his own ..

Give it till mid year, you’ll catch up with the rest of us and see that Reeds the better 9 by miles ..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol pure fiction. Look at the Dally M leaderboard, Fam. The two form hookers this year have been Harry Grant, and another rising superstar by the name of Jeremy Marshall King. Maybe you’ve heard of him - he used to play for us before Reed replaced him lol
I care about the NRL ladder and wins and losses more than the Dally M which is scored by geniuses like Rothfield and co.. Reed has been one of our best every game. And more importantly a great leader and captain who has motivated his team with big hits and key plays at crucial times. If you don't want to give him credit and enjoy our team finally turning a corner and would rather lament the loss of an inferior player, then good luck to you..

Enjoy continually being negative.. Hopefully one day all of the moves by the club align with your thinking get your approval and you can enjoy supporting your own players and team. It's asking a lot, I know. Especially for someone as enlightened as you..

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK deserves credit for reinventing himself as a failed half and turning himself into a decent hooker - Flanagan take note.
He tried his guts out and was in our best handful of players thru the shit years.
Would rather have kept him than signing Nu Brown or Reynolds and he could have filled the utility role but he may have seen himself as a starting hooker.
Mahoneys service and passing game is superior and will make us a better side. Mahoney is also our game manager in the absence of a dominant half.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Though basic hooker duties is what we have not had for a long time
Because we had a player who was new to the position learning from the wrong people. JMK has been better than Reed this year and will turn out to be a better player. He has the dolphins firing on all cylinders and on track for the top four, baby!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe with that goldfish mindset, you’re just a bit slower than most.

I don’t think you notice Reeds competitiveness, his long passing game, his passing game straight off the ground, his speedy ball distribution, his decision making, he’s workload, his leadership qualities, you only notice that he’s not a running type 9 like JMK, yes JMK can run the ball and I like him as a player but he’s nowhere near as good at all those other points that a nine needs to have.

Give Reed back his starting props and better bench rotation and you’ll see him come into his own ..

Give it till mid year, you’ll catch up with the rest of us and see that Reeds the better 9 by miles ..
Lol you don’t need to keep making it personal. I try to never talk down to you peons even though I am the sharpest mind on the kennel and you are all intellectually beneath me.

Forget about the forwards. Reed has been playing hooker his whole life and JMK has been playing the position a few seasons… yet he is already outplaying him. Lol

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No discussion, can't believe this thread still comes up. I'm hoping junior hookers are modelling and bettering their play on Mahoney, so smart, tough, and skilful. I'm happy for JMK but the Bulldogs needed a different type of player at ruck, he needed a Wayne Bennett Dolphins environment and with its starting lower expectations, different style of play, leadership, forwards, and halves.

I'm curious, what's your units of measure if comparing the two? Are you going off the eye, using player stats, going by the team performance, comparing player psyche (confidence and inspiration) etc? I should refer to stats but am that confident and comfortable with Mahoney at hooker it's almost a joke to me comparing the two players, just little simple things like the way Mahoney takes on his role, body posture, technique, inspires the players around him, he brings so much more to a team that the comparison between the two is laughable and I don't mean to disrespect JMK but it's a blatant gap in quality of hooker.

JMK is doing well, good on him. We didn't need what he provides though.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I care about the NRL ladder and wins and losses more than the Dally M which is scored by geniuses like Rothfield and co.. Reed has been one of our best every game. And more importantly a great leader and captain who has motivated his team with big hits and key plays at crucial times. If you don't want to give him credit and enjoy our team finally turning a corner and would rather lament the loss of an inferior player, then good luck to you..

Enjoy continually being negative.. Hopefully one day all of the moves by the club align with your thinking get your approval and you can enjoy supporting your own players and team. It's asking a lot, I know. Especially for someone as enlightened as you..
Dally M points are judged by experts, Fam… including some of the best players to ever lace a boot… not keyboard experts like you guys.

TK always goes over the top in its praise for some players, and is way too critical of others. Reed has been pretty good. But nowhere near as good as some of you make out. He wasn’t among our top three players on Sunday yet most of you gave him 3 points lol

JMK has been better this year…. And considering he is so new to the position, I reckon Benny will have him running rings around Reed in no time.

As for us turning things around, jury is still out on that. We were abysmal in round 1 and scored wins over a Melbourne reserve grade side and the tigers, fading badly in both games. I think we’re in for a major reality check over the next few rounds, baby!

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dally M points are judged by experts, Fam… including some of the best players to ever lace a boot… not keyboard experts like you guys.

TK always goes over the top in its praise for some players, and is way too critical of others. Reed has been pretty good. But nowhere near as good as some of you make out. He wasn’t among our top three players on Sunday yet most of you gave him 3 points lol

JMK has been better this year…. And considering he is so new to the position, I reckon Benny will have him running rings around Reed in no time.

As for us turning things around, jury is still out on that. We were abysmal in round 1 and scored wins over a Melbourne reserve grade side and the tigers, fading badly in both games. I think we’re in for a major reality check over the next few rounds, baby!
Ok baby. So your using Dally M votes and Team W/L as units of measure, you're using those two points to compare the players.
I'm happy to give JMK all the Dally Ms and 1W over Bulldogs and still say Mahoney brings more to the Bulldogs team then if we had JMK.

The other stuff is entertaining reading - I know what you mean, we all do it, giving credit and over critising and overvaluing a player. We're tragics lol.

Dally M points, too many variables but you can safely say a player is doing well if they're scoring well in Dally m's, unfortunately it covers THREE players in one match, discounting 31 others from a match. Usually it's 2 winners and a loser scoring, a key player doing some important things can easily miss points, weekly. Mahoney has 2, JMK has 6, no big difference between the 2

W/L 's Bulldogs have won 2 lost 1 compared to 3 W for Dolphins, too early to use for a season start with 2 fresh squads and 1 with a new coach and the other that likes to keep it simple (Bennett does lose matches, some coaches worked out ways to beat his style eventually). No big difference between the 2

Those 2 determining factors aren't enough to just say JMK has been playing better than Mahoney. I mean I still go by saying, and people and media will counter this, that Bulldogs done ok rnd 1, I hated it when watching live but upon watching the replay could see that Bulldogs were playing ok and in the game to 60th min but little errors and reads screwed the game up, could have been things like team chemistry and nerves.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No discussion, can't believe this thread still comes up. I'm hoping junior hookers are modelling and bettering their play on Mahoney, so smart, tough, and skilful. I'm happy for JMK but the Bulldogs needed a different type of player at ruck, he needed a Wayne Bennett Dolphins environment and with its starting lower expectations, different style of play, leadership, forwards, and halves.

I'm curious, what's your units of measure if comparing the two? Are you going off the eye, using player stats, going by the team performance, comparing player psyche (confidence and inspiration) etc? I should refer to stats but am that confident and comfortable with Mahoney at hooker it's almost a joke to me comparing the two players, just little simple things like the way Mahoney takes on his role, body posture, technique, inspires the players around him, he brings so much more to a team that the comparison between the two is laughable and I don't mean to disrespect JMK but it's a blatant gap in quality of hooker.

JMK is doing well, good on him. We didn't need what he provides though.
We don’t need need spark around the ruck? No, you’re right. What we need is a passing machine who takes the wrong option at least 50 percent of the time.

Sorry, not buying into this kennel hard in gif Reed. He has been good, but JMK has been outstanding, baby. And he’s only new to this. Will be twice the player Reed is.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Flanagun is the worst judge of talent I’ve ever come across .. he’s hailing JMK as the Dolphins wonder boy .. yet they still won on the weekend with a fill in five-eighth at 9 .. that’s how well their forwards are playing, … all the best to JMK, but 9 out of 10 coaches would pick Mahoney every time everyone knows that but Mr Attention seeker Fanagain ...

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We don’t need need spark around the ruck? No, you’re right. What we need is a passing machine who takes the wrong option at least 50 percent of the time.

Sorry, not buying into this kennel hard in gif Reed. He has been good, but JMK has been outstanding, baby. And he’s only new to this. Will be twice the player Reed is.
Api Koroisau is the competitions benchmark hooker, won the toughest proof of good team performances, that's 2 recent minor premierships and also been in some grand finals.

Based on your 2 units of measure for a good hooker, Koroisau has 0 Dally M points and 0W 3L's. Mahoney has better stats than that, so that must mean Mahoney is a good hooker on your books. Or how about the flavour of the month, Harry Grant, he has 7 Dally M points and 1W 2L's Mahoney must be on the same level based off your stats to compare players.

Based on the mentioned, Mahoney is doing satisfactory and we shouldn't be spewing we lost JMK.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun is the worst judge of talent I’ve ever come across .. he’s hailing JMK as the Dolphins wonder boy .. yet they still won on the weekend with a fill in five-eighth at 9 .. that’s how well their forwards are playing, … all the best to JMK, but 9 out of 10 coaches would pick Mahoney every time everyone knows that but Mr Attention seeker Fanagain ...
Anyone could beat the knights. JMK was the most instrumental player in their two tougher wins…. Including one over the premiership favourites. That’s why he has 6 Dally M points, baby!

Serious question - how much time a day on average does the ‘gun spend in your head? Lol

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol you don’t need to keep making it personal. I try to never talk down to you peons even though I am the sharpest mind on the kennel and you are all intellectually beneath me.

Forget about the forwards. Reed has been playing hooker his whole life and JMK has been playing the position a few seasons… yet he is already outplaying him. Lol
Reed Mahoney 5 years, 104 games at 9

JMK 5 years, 102 games at 9

Anyone spruiking they have the sharpest mind might want to do some research before blatantly showing off about how narcissistic they are .

Otherwise it just proves the goldfish theory is correct.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reed Mahoney 5 years, 104 games at 9

JMK 5 years, 102 games at 9

Anyone spruiking they have the sharpest mind might want to do some research before blatantly showing off about how narcissistic they are .

Otherwise it just proves the goldfish theory is correct.
Lol that’s cute, but you’re only citing first grade stats. Reed played hooker coming up through the ranks (and probably in juniors too), JMK played a lot more footy in the halves coming up through the ranks…. So yes, Reed has much more experience in the position than JMK.

As I’ve told you before, you shouldn’t try to dunk on me, Fam. You’re not good enough to hang with me, baby!

Last edited:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The answer is a simple one for you, if you miss JMK so much you can go and support the Dolphins or just. move on like the rest of us. and enjoy the fact that the team that you CLAIM to support is got off to a better start than last year. I really hope like the rest of us that you choose the first option and while you're at it you can go and live up there and support your team, You can go and shit stir on the Dolphins forum, I wonder what they call it "the Aquarium or the Fish tank" perfect for you can do lots of BAITING there. :tongueclosed:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The answer is a simple one for you, if you miss JMK so much you can go and support the Dolphins or just. move on like the rest of us. and enjoy the fact that the team that you CLAIM to support is got off to a better start than last year. I really hope like the rest of us that you choose the first option and while you're at it you can go and live up there and support your team, You can go and shit stir on the Dolphins forum, I wonder what they call it "the Aquarium or the Fish tank" perfect for you can do lots of BAITING there. :tongueclosed:
Wish in one hand, Fam.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol that’s cute, but you’re only citing first grade stats. Reed played hooker coming up through the ranks (and probably in juniors too), JMK played a lot more footy in the halves coming up through the ranks…. So yes, Reed has much more experience in the position than JMK.

As I’ve told you before, you shouldn’t try to dunk on me, Fam. You’re not good enough to hang with me, baby!
I’m disappointed “Goldy” you didn’t mention what position they played when they were 10 or 6, you can do better.

The fact is they’ve both played in the 9 for over 5 years in 1st grade, so they have equal experience where it counts.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m disappointed “Goldy” you didn’t mention what position they played when they were 10 or 6, you can do better.

The fact is they’ve both played in the 9 for over 5 years in 1st grade, so they have equal experience where it counts.
So you think the development of a player doesn’t count? Experience is only good when it comes in first grade? You should stop insulting my intelligence if you’re going to make silly arguments like that.

Five years is a relatively short time in the position…. Especially given the poor coaches JMK has had to play under.

Seriously, quit while you’re behind, baby!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you think the development of a player doesn’t count? Experience is only good when it comes in first grade? You should stop insulting my intelligence if you’re going to make silly arguments like that.

Five years is a relatively short time in the position…. Especially given the poor coaches JMK has had to play under.

Seriously, quit while you’re behind, baby!
How does one insult intelligence where there isn’t any ‍♂