The I’m sorry Jayden Okunbor thread

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He played the full 80 if I'm not mistaken and he did stuff all good, but heaps of very poor things. He's 10 ft tall and never takes advantage of bombs. All he's good for is a few mistakes each match.

It's mind-boggling the way the club has bent over backwards since he won the appeal on his deregistration. Wtf do they see in him?!? I feel like I've taken crazy pills!
His best attribute is He can run the ball hard and make ground.
After all his first grade experience he still has no clue in defence which is the most concerning thing after his error rate.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After all his first grade experience he still has no clue in defence which is the most concerning thing after his error rate.
I agree, he does have a tendency to come in too early,he needs to have more faith in his inside men. His handling errors are baffling to me, it has to be a concentration thing,surely he doesn't do this at training or he wouldn't get a first grade spot.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He could be a decent, big bodied impact player off the bench in the forwards, but not when he has some of the worst hands I've seen. From all my time watching the sport, I don't know if I've ever seen any player with poor handling, get it out of their game. E.g: George Burgess and his bros., Corey Oates, Xavier Coates, Shaun Kenny Dowall. Some players are just shit at catching a footy and never improve.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why he was given the full 80 despite being the biggest liability in the team i will never ever know.

What is the coaching teams obsession with him?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Midget back 3, we're never getting out of our half then.
Hey Mutt (Marley) you have a real Jekyll and Hyde persona going on, all off season you spent hating on Matt but your the first to take credit for his preformance yesterday. (Weird) :grinning: I love it because your hatred for our new fullback is going to blow up in your face over the season. :grinning:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Midget back 3, we're never getting out of our half then.
that is the only reason he is playing there
lumulume how ever you spell it, he is a big body

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hey Mutt (Marley) you have a real Jekyll and Hyde persona going on, all off season you spent hating on Matt but your the first to take credit for his preformance yesterday. (Weird) :grinning: I love it because your hatred for our new fullback is going to blow up in your face over the season. :grinning:
I usernames a tribute ;)

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are some kids who make it to FG just because they are gifted physically but never had the football skills. He probably sucked at touch footy.
Adding to that, local products are a somewhat protected species, every player needs to be accountable. Back in the day, at the Bulldogs, if you had a crap game, you were dropped and had to work hard to get back in the squad.

In saying that, in comparison to Averillo’s performance, Okunbur was not that bad, his handling let him down.

Moving on, we need to rotate a couple of guys in the trial to see who works..

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor Jayden, instead of that Mueller stickum spray they used vegetable oil spray, no wonder he dropped so much ball. He was worse than Elliott yesterday.